PDA

View Full Version : how do u pack

double j
12-21-2007, 21:58
i was just wondering i got the north face extreme 80 and trying to get the best ideas on how to pack,

tripp
12-21-2007, 22:05
in the bag

Kirby
12-21-2007, 22:42
Depends on the person and the gear.

Kirby

River Runner
12-21-2007, 23:06
Definitely depends on the pack & the gear. I pack my sleeping bag at the bottom, clothing somewhere in the middle, and food near the top most of the time, but it could vary by trip. I like to pack my rain gear & first aid/survival items in a top or rear pocket where they are easily accessible. I use a hydration sleeve in the back of the pack for my main supply of water and sometimes carry an extra bottle or small bladder in an outside pocket. Tent and sleeping pad placement varies widely by trip depending on conditions and what else I am packing.

rafe
12-21-2007, 23:21
The stuff you need only at camp goes in first. The stuff you're likely to need during the day, put in later or last. If it's looking like rain, pack your rain gear near the top. Otherwise, the rain gear can go deep. You'll figure it out. It's not that hard.

envirodiver
12-22-2007, 02:19
First out last in.

That explains the vertical portion. Figure out how the pack feels best after that.

scavenger
12-22-2007, 16:04
The stuff you need only at camp goes in first. The stuff you're likely to need during the day, put in later or last. If it's looking like rain, pack your rain gear near the top. Otherwise, the rain gear can go deep. You'll figure it out. It's not that hard.

I agree but allso if your shelter is light and it might rain its nice to have that close ot the top so you dont have to get other stuff wet in the process of gettin your shelter out

rafe
12-22-2007, 16:07
I agree but allso if your shelter is light and it might rain its nice to have that close ot the top so you dont have to get other stuff wet in the process of gettin your shelter out

I've always carried my tent outside the pack. Partly for that reason, but also because tents with poles don't really fit inside any pack I've used.

Belew
12-22-2007, 16:10
I'd pick out the seeds.:D