PDA

View Full Version : Hiking Partner or group, southeast NYS Area

horicon
12-22-2007, 10:00
Looking for a group or other individuals to do day hikes near or on the AT in NJ, NY, Conn, and Mass. Other trails like the Wallkill Valley Trail can be done.

I would like to start up hiking (walking) again.

BT

Frosty
12-22-2007, 10:26
Looking for a group or other individuals to do day hikes near or on the AT in NJ, NY, Conn, and Mass. Other trails like the Wallkill Valley Trail can be done.

I would like to start up hiking (walking) again.

BTConsider joining the AMC. The NY-NJ Chapter is very active with many hikes every week.

wrongway_08
12-22-2007, 15:29
we have a trip comming in Jan. Check it under hook-ups forum.

doggiebag
12-22-2007, 15:38
we have a trip comming in Jan. Check it under hook-ups forum.
I'm more than ready for this one. Aldo's got some new boots and Bunny got me a $100.- gift certificate for REI. Awsome :banana I also swapped my Osprey Aether70 for a lighter and better fitting Atmos 65. Time to claw up some rocks!

sasquatch2014
12-22-2007, 23:20
Consider joining the AMC. The NY-NJ Chapter is very active with many hikes every week.

I would suggest looking into the NY NJ Trail conference. they are the group that maintains trail in this area and holds a number of group hikes and classes etc. They are the affiliate for the AT in the state.

You can also put info out for hooking up I know of a guy who was looking for some people to hike with he is down in NYC and I am up on the NY/CT border so I am out and about as well. I will be part of the Jan. Parade O' Fools

horicon
01-14-2008, 10:32
Wet Snow in Stone Ridge. This is where I posted with the AMC or a hiking partner or group http://appalachia.outdoors.org/bbs/categories.cfm?catid=3 . So far no one has responded. I do have the NYNorth Jersy chapter outing schudel.

Jaybird62
01-14-2008, 12:26
I would be interested. I do live a little ways away, but I gotta drive pretty far to get to any mountain trails. By the way, was the picture you have posted in your profile taken in the gunks? Looks very similar to a place I've been before.

horicon
01-14-2008, 12:31
Yes that was taken in the gunksm about two years ago.

horicon
01-14-2008, 12:35
Right now I am doing easy to moderate snowshoes. Had a nknee injury thtat has cramped my hiking and backpacking. Have problems going down hill. At leat for this year there is no skiing of any kind.

Here is another link to a bullent board. http://www.hotboards.com/plus/plus.mirage?who=nynjtc

Jaybird62
01-14-2008, 12:41
Thanks for the link.... Preciate' it.