PDA

View Full Version : Current Georgia Water report

flagator
12-25-2007, 14:57
Does anyone have a current link or a personal report for the current availibility in Ga on AT. I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

Survivor Dave
12-25-2007, 16:55
Does anyone have a current link or a personal report for the current availibility in Ga on AT. I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

Well, at the present time as I look out the window, it is raining well thank you very much. I'm only 1 1/2 hours from the Trail. It's been this way for the last 2 days. There is more to come this weekend!

So, I hope that might give you a little insight. Fire Bans' still in effect, water still slim until further notice.

Call Mountain Crossings for more Ga. up to the minute weather and drought conditions.

SD

hair
12-25-2007, 21:47
Are you planning a trip for this weekend?

Sharkey
12-25-2007, 22:28
I took a friend to Springer Mountain and Hawk Mountain shelter on Dec. 22 and 23. Good supply of water where we hiked. Met 4 SOBO's who were finishing their thu-hikes and none of them mentioned any water shortage in GA. Matter of fact one stated he had been rained on almost every day for the past few weeks.

Marta
12-26-2007, 09:51
I took a friend to Springer Mountain and Hawk Mountain shelter on Dec. 22 and 23. Good supply of water where we hiked. Met 4 SOBO's who were finishing their thu-hikes and none of them mentioned any water shortage in GA. Matter of fact one stated he had been rained on almost every day for the past few weeks.

That is great news!

Kirby
12-26-2007, 18:58
Makes me feel better.

Kirby

mudhead
12-26-2007, 19:04

http://waterdata.usgs.gov/ga/nwis/gw

The Maine version of this has real-time data that you can compare to "avgs."

Have fun rooting around. Plenty of tangents to wander off on!