PDA

View Full Version : pot stand

kayak karl
12-26-2007, 14:20
i know this a knock off of others, i wanted something that held stove in place and folded up to fit in pot. its made of 3 pieces of wire that hold insullation in place in crawl spaces (can use bike spokes as others have) and copper wire. i wrapped it and soldiered it. seemed to be tighter then a tube. it weights 1.1oz.
this is the prototype. any ideas would be great.
kayak

hootyhoo
12-26-2007, 16:33
If that is a knock off then it is one that I have missed. I really like it. I have never seen that configuration before. Very nice project. I cannot see the solder part of it. And what did you use to tie the three together with?

kayak karl
12-26-2007, 17:12
If that is a knock off then it is one that I have missed. I really like it. I have never seen that configuration before. Very nice project. I cannot see the solder part of it. And what did you use to tie the three together with?
wrapped it in copper wire in the folded position. soldier was bad, could not find flux. i sttill think it will be tighter then a copper tube. working on layout for pegboard bending. easier to duplicate bend. i just figured this was done before.