PDA

View Full Version : Postholer- bad experience

Kirby
12-29-2007, 20:49
Here is what happened:

I figured "you know, I should start a journal on Postholer, that way I am supporting the two major journal sites".

So, everything is fine and dandy, registration goes smooth, and I go to login in. I clearly must have mis-typed my password twice in the registration:eek:, so I filled out the information under the "forgot password" link. I hit submit, and it tells me the account I created 10 minutes prior is innactive:eek:, there for my password could not be retrieved:eek:.

So, I am curious if this is a common problem with the site(I emailed the administrator as well)?

I still plan to use the site once everything is squared away, but something like this might deter other people from using the site.

Kirby

Kirby
12-29-2007, 20:50
Forgot to mention why I was angry:

How and why did my account go innactive so fast?

Kirby

Sly
12-29-2007, 20:53

Kirby

Relax. Scott will take care of it. :rolleyes:

Frolicking Dinosaurs
12-29-2007, 20:57

KirbyI think I got an email with a link to click to activate my account -- maybe you didn't get one because the passwords didn't match:confused:

SGT Rock
12-29-2007, 21:01
My guess is it is considered inactive at first - so it didn't go inactive, it just hasn't had a completed activation yet.

I wouldn't get too angry at anyone, you admitted you may have miss typed your password - chances are you may have goofed something up like using caps lock when you were doing the hidden password thing or something like that. Or it is possible that the admin has to approve a membership, or even just slow software or server. For instance the VB software we use is normally pretty fast at the registration e-mail thing, but on some other forums I have joined over the years that use the same software the process has actually taken days.

Kirby
12-29-2007, 21:07
The email that was sent to my Yahoo account must have sent to the spam folder, and I never check that. I re-registered with my gmail account, and figured it out.

Kirby

SGT Rock
12-29-2007, 21:08
Cool deal. So is your account square now?

Cuffs
12-29-2007, 21:13
When you say you are supporting the 2 major online journals, what did you mean? Are you actually donating money to each of them or just taking up space with your words and not giving a donation?

Smile
12-29-2007, 21:18
Kirby, let us know the URL at your journals so we can see your entries :)

Kirby
12-29-2007, 21:25
When you say you are supporting the 2 major online journals, what did you mean? Are you actually donating money to each of them or just taking up space with your words and not giving a donation?

Once finances are squared away, I plan on making donations to both journal sites, and this one. For one reason or the other, there is competition between the two sites. I decided instead of supporting one over the other(the more journals on a site, the more people that person has view, the more people visiting the site, the more they can charge for advertising), I would support both.

I would imagine that the Admins(correct me if I am wrong) take into account how many people visit their site when they sell advertisement.

Smile:
Both journal links are now in my signature, both journals will be virtually identical. The Postholer account wont' have any typos because they have spell check.

Kirby

postholer.com
12-29-2007, 21:42
Kirby got it all worked out. He just needed to respond to the activation email.

His journal is: http://www.postholer.com/kirby232

And I'll be looking forward to his adventures on the trail. What a great opportunity to be able to thru-hike the AT at 16! I'm jealous!

-postholer

Kirby
12-29-2007, 21:46
Kirby got it all worked out. He just needed to respond to the activation email.

His journal is: http://www.postholer.com/kirby232

And I'll be looking forward to his adventures on the trail. What a great opportunity to be able to thru-hike the AT at 16! I'm jealous!

-postholer

That is the new account with a different email address. When I first registered, I used my Yahoo acount. The confirmation email must have ended up in my bulk folder, and I empty that folder without looking at its content. I registered a second time with my Gmail account, and everything went smoothly.

My Postholer journal is now up to date, great site.

There is no differene between my two journals.

Kirby

MOWGLI
12-29-2007, 22:52
Scott has been outstanding supporting my journal.

http://www.Postholer.Com/Jeffrey Hunter

Have patience Kirby! It'll all work out!

Kirby
12-29-2007, 23:25
Attention:
The link you find below to my postholer account will soon be inactive, I am having the link changed, I am about to remove the old one, and add the new one to my signature. the new link should work, I believe, within a couple of hours.

Kirby