PDA

View Full Version : Great Horned Owl

slow
12-30-2007, 00:28
The last time out i know i was 50ft from him but it was black (no moon at all)but he was calling the ladie for some fun i guess?and i was not going to ruin his program.:D So next time i really want to get some pic's for all to see ....if he's not in love.I know his home is right at my pitch at the time ...BUT could he have moved to his LOVERS LANE?

Smile
12-30-2007, 01:55
As great horned owls go hooo hoo ( almost sounds like moo moo) and Barred Owls go "who cooks for yooooo" -

We had one near our place one night, and we would answer the GHO with a BO call and he would really get noisy, I guess to say "get out of my territory" :)

slow
12-31-2007, 21:42
As great horned owls go hooo hoo ( almost sounds like moo moo) and Barred Owls go "who cooks for yooooo" -

We had one near our place one night, and we would answer the GHO with a BO call and he would really get noisy, I guess to say "get out of my territory" :)

That's funny.:)

I know that he has ample food by his nest,because on the way in i seen...1-rabbit and 2-d backs plus a bonus to me was 4-deer and hog.
But i really want a shot of him .

Smile
12-31-2007, 22:10
Stick with it, you might just get another opportunity if he's roosting there for the winter :)

slow
12-31-2007, 23:57
Stick with it, you might just get another opportunity if he's roosting there for the winter :)

Thank's... and Happy New Year to you and all your loved ones.:)