PDA

View Full Version : Start @ greenwood lake, ny...

slamajama
12-30-2007, 23:33
hey all, i like to start at sections that i can take mass transit to...that being said, id like to Start @ greenwood lake, ny and p/u the trail there (its about a 1/2 mile from whr the bus drops off)...has any1 done this and how can i make this connection to the trail?...im sure i can navigate it but id like to avoid blazing my own trail, lol...thxs in advance

MOWGLI
12-31-2007, 08:41
hey all, i like to start at sections that i can take mass transit to...that being said, id like to Start @ greenwood lake, ny and p/u the trail there (its about a 1/2 mile from whr the bus drops off)...has any1 done this and how can i make this connection to the trail?...im sure i can navigate it but id like to avoid blazing my own trail, lol...thxs in advance

NJ Transit 197 bus out of Port Authority. Have a blast!

Askus3
12-31-2007, 10:17
The bus continues to Warwick along NY 17A thus it crosses the AT at the top of the hill. So there is no 1/2 mile walk. Tell the bus driver to let you out at The Bellvale Creamery and walk back (east) 100 yards to the AT. I will assume that the bus driver might not know where the AT crossing is but will know the Bellvale Creamery.

slamajama
12-31-2007, 10:35
suuuuweet!...thxs!