PDA

View Full Version : Happy Holidays

attroll
12-21-2003, 01:30
I wanted to take the time to wish everyone on WhiteBlaze a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. I would like to thank you all for making this site what it has become. If it were not for each and every one of you we would never have gotten off the ground and be where we are today.

I hope WhiteBlaze will be around for a long, long time into the future. I pledge to do my best to make that happen.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone!

http://whiteblaze.net/santa_merry_christmas_md_wht.gif http://whiteblaze.net/new_years_baby_md_wht.gif

Streamweaver
12-21-2003, 01:39
Hey ,youve already done more than we could possibly ask of you!! Merry Christmas ,Happy new year to you and everybody on this site! I think it will be around a looong time! Streamweaver

Rain Man
12-21-2003, 10:45
I wanted to take the time to wish everyone on WhiteBlaze a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. I would like to thank you all for making this site what it has become.

Yes, thanks to all who post such informative and helpful articles... AND thanks to our wonderful site administrators!!!!

Happy Holidays to all.

Rain Man

Kerosene
12-21-2003, 12:12
The site wouldn't be what it is if not for Easy and many of the original contributors, followed by the superb uptake by Mr. AT Troll. I know just how much work it is to keep something like this evolving.

Happy Holidays to all!

texashiker
12-21-2003, 14:52
Happy Holidays! Thanks to everyone that makes this web site work!

RagingHampster
12-21-2003, 15:36
Everyone have a Happy Holiday! :dance

Hammock Hanger
12-21-2003, 21:14
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/8/8_2_78.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001)Happy Holidays!!

Hammock Hanger

MadAussieInLondon
12-22-2003, 19:07
lol! just saw sant on the logo :)

have a great time and stay safe ppl!

Jack Tarlin
12-22-2003, 19:52
As I've mentioned several times before, the great value about a place like this is the way that it conects folks from all over the country (and potentially, all over the world) to an information storehouse where they share their own opinions and experience, and also learn from others. The principal purpose of a site like this is to exchange useful information, and I think that Whiteblaze has been a remarkable success, so once again, thanx to the folks who started this place up, and also, thanx to the folks who spend so much time and trouble in keeping it going. This has become a terrific resource for all sorts of folks; Whiteblaze is certainly the best site on the Internet to learn about planning and preparing for long hikes on the Appalachian Trail; we now have almost 2000 members (!!) and they come from all walks of life and from all over the world----in the few hours since this thread started, I see responses from Maine, Maryland, Tennessee, Michigan, Texas, Massachusetts, Florida, and Australia. This is really pretty cool if you stop and think about it.

I also want to take a moment and say hey to the folks who frequent Whiteblaze but who don't contribute. I realize some folks are content to read selected posts and hopefully learn from some of them, but I sure wish more of the new folks would take a more active role, assuming of course that they wish to do so. When you're planning an adventure like a thru-hike, there are SO many questions and uncertainties; the planning and prep stage, for a lot of folks, is a really daunting, and sometimes intimidating process. I hope the new folks realize that there's no such thing as a dumb question here----if there's something on your mind, or if you need an answer or opinion on something that's been on your mind, by all means feel free to present it to one of the Forums. The levels of knowledge and experience here at Whiteblaze are pretty amazing: There are folks who just finished thru-hikes; there are folks who've been around around the Trail scene since the seventies and eighties; there are folks who've hiked the Trail in every way you can imagine; there are folks who've never thru-hiked but still have a great deal to share with others; the different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives that these folks posess puts them in a position to assist all sorts of people.

So I hope more of the new folks feel comfortable about contributing questions or opinions, and don't feel intimidated about speaking up, just because some of the regular contributors here have hiked more miles, or have more experience, or have completed a thru-hike. Remember, every thru-hiker was once a day-hiker, weekender, or sectioner, who once dreamed about a longer adventure. Every thru-hiker was a short-timer once, just as every thru-hiker is fated to become a weekender or short-timer once again, after their hike is finished. Everyone's voice matters here, everyone's opinion matters, and there's a level of freedom and openess here on Whiteblaze that is found on very few other A.T. sites and Forums, so I look forward to hearing more from the new folks.

Best wishes to all of you for a safe and happy holiday, best wishes for the new year and up-coming hiking season----especially you guys who are lucky enough to be heading out next spring or summer!

MedicineMan
12-22-2003, 22:50
Look at me following Jack, an honor indeed. Of course Merry Christmas to all and this is hoping that the New Year finds Whiteblaze and Atroll continuing the charge of being the best AT site ever.
Something I wish for in the following year is more 'little' meetings,get-togethers, etc along the entire AT, this because after a long time here and only having met one member-Packa while on the trail (I'm thinking a mid-Spring get-together in Hotsprings if any are interested).
Next week we are doing a little section north of Roanoke and in Feb heading back to the Everglades to paddle a bit of the 10,000 Islands.

dixicritter
12-23-2003, 01:08
Just in case SGT Rock is unable to get here and say it...

Merry Christmas y'all and a Happy New Year from SGT Rock, dixicritter and family!

Flash Hand
12-23-2003, 01:59
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all of you! Have a safe holiday too!

Flash Hand

ga>me>ak
12-23-2003, 10:40
Many thanks for this site and the folks who post here( and those that keep up this site). Wishing all a very merry Christmas, and safe holidays.

ganj
12-23-2003, 17:06
God bless us, everyone!

Mini-Mosey
12-25-2003, 14:33
Thanks to everyone who works on this site and everyone who contributes, lurks, etc. Happy holidays; I really look forward to matching names with actual faces when I'm able to get out hiking again.