PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else...

spittinpigeon
01-02-2008, 20:37
... spend way too much time looking at the galleries and trying to guess which state the picture is in, or name shelters, mtns etc?

Kirby
01-02-2008, 20:41
I should spend more time looking at photos on the site than I do.

Kirby

Jack Tarlin
01-02-2008, 20:43
Nah. Not a problem.

Some of us can look at the pictures and not have to guess.

:D :D :D

Kirby
01-02-2008, 20:59
Nah. Not a problem.

Some of us can look at the pictures and not have to guess.

:D :D :D

Now, now, there are those of us on this site who have not thru hiked 7 times, and done 2 long section hikes to make 8 total trail completions, or even one:D.

Enjoy guessing the state Spittinpigeon.

Kirby

88BlueGT
01-03-2008, 00:06
Wow, thru hiked 7 times !?!? I'm so jealous....... :)

Anyway, back to the pictures. For some reason I really never look at any pictures on the site. Rarely, I will see a picture on the homepage that looks interesting and clikc on it to englarge but thats ever it.

Gaiter
01-03-2008, 04:35
Its another symptom of a whiteblaze addiction, an affliction that has gripped so many of us.

warraghiyagey
01-03-2008, 14:45
... spend way too much time looking at the galleries and trying to guess which state the picture is in, or name shelters, mtns etc?
Guilty as charged.
Although my issue may be a little more telling (worse). I actually want to respond to them (you know, the submitter - not the actual picture itself. . . I'm ok im ok im ok. . .):rolleyes:

Smile
01-03-2008, 14:52
The gallery is a great addition to the site. It's interesting when you look at the top ten most viewed photos.

dessertrat
01-03-2008, 15:31

Yes, but there are some great photos on here.

envirodiver
01-03-2008, 15:41
Guilty as charged.
Although my issue may be a little more telling (worse). I actually want to respond to them (you know, the submitter - not the actual picture itself. . . I'm ok im ok im ok. . .):rolleyes:

Deep breaths and recite your mantra..."I will not spend more time on whiteblaze than work for my job...I will not spend more time on whiteblaze than work at my job...I will spend more time on Whiteblaze than work at my job" Dang that always happens.

The pics are great.

warraghiyagey
01-03-2008, 15:45
Deep breaths and recite your mantra..."I will not spend more time on whiteblaze than work for my job...I will not spend more time on whiteblaze than work at my job...I will spend more time on Whiteblaze than work at my job" Dang that always happens.

The pics are great.
My job. . . .? Oh. Right. . . ------ zoink

envirodiver
01-03-2008, 17:14
I just realized that all of my images that were in the BMT gallery are gone. As a matter of fact all of the images that were on trails other than the AT are gone.

Does anyone know anything about this? Was there a purge?

jlb2012
01-03-2008, 17:17
you need to sign up for the "other long trails" group to see them

Kirby
01-03-2008, 17:26
you need to sign up for the "other long trails" group to see them

Other long trails, from what FD told me, is no longer opt-in. The dinos told me that since a lot of people on this site hike trails other than the AT frequently, it made sense to have that be part of the regular forums, like this one, it just has not been removed from the opt-in forums page.

Kirby

envirodiver
01-03-2008, 17:32
I am signed up for that group, but it's not the forum that is unavailable. It's the photo gallery that is gone. I can't find it anywhere.