PDA

View Full Version : waterproof compression sacks

earthbound
01-02-2008, 21:49
Do waterproof compression sacks actually work? Anyone used one? Thoughts?

Appalachian Tater
01-02-2008, 21:52
Waterproof stuff sacks work fine as long as the material is waterproof. Can't comment on compression sacks at all. The only thing I have compressible is my sleeping bag and I don't need or want to compress it.

Yahtzee
01-02-2008, 22:12
Not too sure on the waterproof part but they certainly work if you need space. I went with the biggest one and got my tent, fly and bag down to a nice size.

take-a-knee
01-03-2008, 00:07
Compression sacks are a PITA. If you HAD to use a Zero degree synthetic bag, one might be of use then, otherwise figure a better way to pack or get a bigger pack (Moonbow Gearskin?)

Cuffs
01-03-2008, 00:15
compression sacks create small objects that are not maleable to fit the pack, creates lots of dead air space... try regular stuff sacks that are a tad loose with the gear in them, that way they mold to fit all the space in the pack...

gold bond
01-03-2008, 11:55
I keep my sleeping bag in a compressable water proof stuff sack. It is one like you would use kyaking or canoeing. I love the way it works. It is very lightweight and small I can't think of the makers name right off the top of my head though.

gold bond
01-03-2008, 11:56
maybe Sea to Summit....or something to that effect.