PDA

View Full Version : Ode to Rusti... with an i

Miss Janet
01-02-2008, 23:17
Rusti came to me with no name but I thought she needed one. It suited her. Those who knew her would agree. She helped many hikers get to the trail in her early years with Rockdancer. That was in New England. Then she came down south to help Sly get hikers around. Then she came to decorate my yard for a few months and only occasionally came out of retirement to help hikers. Several weeks ago she was on a run into Johnson City with Hangman when she had a little problem with her ticker... well, the damage was too much to repair... fire will do that! She has gone to the great junkyard. At least she was a Kidney Association Donation in the end. She was a nice old Toyota.

So, that being said... Does anyone in the southeast have an old beater car for sale?? The van is still running but a 16 passenger land yacht is way overkill for the town errands and the few shuttles I do this time of the year.

Gaiter
01-03-2008, 04:33
may Rusti rest in peace

Sly
01-03-2008, 04:44
Oh no, Rusti died? :(

Sly
01-03-2008, 04:50
may Rusti rest in peace

It's a car. It's rest in piece. ;)

rockdancer
01-03-2008, 12:37
About 4 years ago I gave up Rusti to have a more reliable, economic vehicle, one with a dry trunk. What a mistake. At 247 K miles I thought she might do trail duty for a year, maybe two. But she held on a long, long time.

Now it's time to mourn, and remember all the hikers, trailheads & towns she visited along the way. So, she went up in flames near Johnson City? Anyone have pictures? I'd love to have a memento. -RockDancer

Ron Haven
01-03-2008, 13:18
Miss J there was a guy had a sabaru station wagon for $400.I'll try to locate him.I also would like to buy one that is 4WD.I'll have to hunt out of Franklin.Here they try to skin me alive.

I have to go to a dentist in the next county under an assumed name.If I go to the denist in my own home town he gives everyone a raise the next day on the fine he charged me for stopping in.