PDA

View Full Version : Where is Sgt. Rock?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

KirkMcquest
04-05-2008, 14:30
You say I am a Troll, hath a troll not eyes? Hath a troll not hands, organs, dimensions,senses, affections, passions? Fed with the same food, hurt with the same weapons as you?? If you prick us do we not bleed?? If you wrong us, shall we not revenge?

Appalachian Tater
04-05-2008, 14:34
Welcome back to Whiteblaze, Sgt. Rock. Hope your ankle gets better soon. The bike sounds like a good idea. Swimming would be a good exercise for you with your injury.

Tin Man
04-05-2008, 14:34
Maybe you guys should google "Chazz Michael Michaels" before jumping to conclusions.

Maybe you should stop scratching your eye. :D

JAK
04-05-2008, 14:36
You say I am a Troll, hath a troll not eyes? Hath a troll not hands, organs, dimensions,senses, affections, passions? Fed with the same food, hurt with the same weapons as you?? If you prick us do we not bleed?? If you wrong us, shall we not revenge?The Lady Doth Protest too Much

JAK
04-05-2008, 14:40
methinks.

Pathfinder
You say I am a Troll, hath a troll not eyes? Hath a troll not hands, organs, dimensions,senses, affections, passions? Fed with the same food, hurt with the same weapons as you?? If you prick us do we not bleed?? If you wrong us, shall we not revenge?
http://i22.ebayimg.com/03/i/04/b6/77/8f_2.JPGThey also wear goofy hats and denounce travel myths.

KirkMcquest
I would bet that this whole site boils down to a handful of people with multiple identities, seeing as the only difference of opinion has come from me (not counting all the pm's I've gotten over the years from people who agree w/me but don't have the courage to post it).

KirkMcquest
04-05-2008, 14:41
IMO, you guys are the good ol'boy trolls.

Appalachian Tater
04-05-2008, 14:43
I would bet that this whole site boils down to a handful of people with multiple identities, seeing as the only difference of opinion has come from me (not counting all the pm's I've gotten over the years from people who agree w/me but don't have the courage to post it).The administrators can see the IP address of posters.

Even if it is dynamic they can probably make an educated guess as to people with multiple IDs.

Dances with Mice
04-05-2008, 14:46
I would bet that this whole site boils down to a handful of people with multiple identities, seeing as the only difference of opinion has come from me (not counting all the pm's I've gotten over the years from people who agree w/me but don't have the courage to post it). The Lurkers support me in e-mail
They all think I'm great don't you know.
You posters just don't understand me
But soon you will reap what you sow.

Lurkers, lurkers, lurkers support me, you'll see, you'll see
Off in e-mail the lurkers support me, you'll see.

The lurkers support me in e-mail
"So why don't they post?" you all cry
They're scared of your hostile intentions
They just can't be as brave as I.

Off in e-mail the lurkers support me, you'll see.

One day I'll round up all my lurkers
We'll have a newsgroup of our own
Without all this flak from you morons
My lurkers will post round my throne.

Off in e-mail the lurkers support me, you'll see. (Author is Jo Walton....)

SGT Rock
04-05-2008, 14:47
We regulary do. We also have other techniques to track trolls over and above simple IP cross reference. The IP cross reference is not always accurate for certain reasons.

Trail Yeti
04-05-2008, 14:47
http://i22.ebayimg.com/03/i/04/b6/77/8f_2.JPGThey also wear goofy hats and denounce travel myths.

I think thats a Gnome...not a troll. And Chaz Michael Michaels would collapse under the granite fists of Sgt Rock's onslaught....while Flash Gordon theme music plays in the background:D:banana:sun

dixicritter
04-05-2008, 14:49
Back on topic:

Rock, I hope you are on the mend. I know Dixi and the kids are happy you're home and I'm sure you are as well. Tell everyone I said hi (and Dixi that I miss our midnight and 8am phone calls). Y'all take care!

Hi back at ya. I'll give ya a call and check up... I mean in on ya later. ;) :sun

dixicritter
04-05-2008, 14:51
By the way... anyone know how to keep a Rock from going out against Doctor's orders and doing trail maintenance??? I'm looking for suggestions. :sun

Frolicking Dinosaurs
04-05-2008, 14:53
You cal a big 'ol fluffy Dino who will drive across town and sit on him. :D
Hi back at ya. I'll give ya a call and check up... I mean in on ya later. ;) :sunThree-way calling is available - hint, hint

dixicritter
04-05-2008, 14:55
You cal a big 'ol fluffy Dino who will drive across town and sit on him. :D

That is a good one...

I threatened this morning to hide his chainsaw. :D

Thru Hiker Wife
04-05-2008, 14:56
Hmmm.:-? Do threats work? Like threatening that he'll not be able to go back to the trail as quickli (if he so chooses) or that he'll injure himself further until he physically cannot do maintenance or any of the other physical activities he is considering pursuing.

ROCK, LISTEN TO DIXI! She is one smart chic who adores you and doesn't want to see you hurting!:sun

Hooch
By the way... anyone know how to keep a Rock from going out against Doctor's orders and doing trail maintenance??? I'm looking for suggestions. :sun"Cut him off" for a few weeks? :eek:

JAK
By the way... anyone know how to keep a Rock from going out against Doctor's orders and doing trail maintenance??? I'm looking for suggestions. :sunTake away his wenching privileges.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
04-05-2008, 14:57
That is a good one...

I threatened this morning to hide his chainsaw. :DMy garage is at your disposal. Don't forget the bow saw, axe and pulaski.

Tin Man
By the way... anyone know how to keep a Rock from going out against Doctor's orders and doing trail maintenance??? I'm looking for suggestions. :sun

Victoria Secret

Thru Hiker Wife
"Cut him off" for a few weeks? :eek:

Ooooo, there is that!:eek:

Hooch
My garage is at your disposal. Don't forget the bow saw, axe and pulaski.If he gets desperate, he may try something with an old E-Tool. Hide it too. :D

Thru Hiker Wife
04-05-2008, 14:58
Hi back at ya. I'll give ya a call and check up... I mean in on ya later. ;) :sun

No worries, dear. I know you have been busy and are enjoying some long desired time with the ROCK. Just sending all my love your way!:sun

Tin Man
04-05-2008, 14:59
Three-way calling is available - hint, hint

My garage is at your disposal.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Thru Hiker Wife
04-05-2008, 15:00
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Good friends help friends hide the bodies.:D

dixicritter
04-05-2008, 15:04
Great suggestions! I knew I could count on y'all! Hooch I hadn't thought about his E-tool, I'll hide it too. ;)

Good friends help friends hide the bodies.:D

Absolutely!! :D

SGT Rock
04-05-2008, 15:36
Victoria Secret
I like this idea best. Y'all keep suggesting that.

Bulldawg
04-05-2008, 15:41
Ummm Victoria Secret would work for me. Stops the urge to hike for a while, but it always seem to creep back into my mind somehow.

Hooch
04-05-2008, 15:42
Great suggestions! I knew I could count on y'all! Hooch I hadn't thought about his E-tool, I'll hide it too. ;)

Absolutely!! :D
In case you read this Rock, it's nothing personal. Dixi, maybe you should send the kids out and "distract" him next time he starts to get up. :eek:

JAK
04-05-2008, 15:50
Seems pretty extreme to wear that stuff just to keep yourself indoors. :confused:

Skidsteer
04-05-2008, 15:50

Ex-Lax.

peanuts
04-05-2008, 15:55
omg...these thread is getting more bazaar:O

Bulldawg
04-05-2008, 15:58
Ummm Victoria Secret, that should keep him inside.

Is it working Rock??

camojack
04-05-2008, 16:09
OK; I suggest Victoria's Secret too, in that case... ;)

Hooch
04-05-2008, 16:11
OK; I suggest Victoria's Secret too, in that case... ;)Poll anyone? :rolleyes:

Bulldawg
04-05-2008, 16:12
Might I suggest Lingerie Diva as well??

No affiliation.

camojack
04-05-2008, 16:24
Poll anyone? :rolleyes:
Have at it. :)

PS: Victoria's Secret!!! :p

PPS: Seriously though, it's not a very well-kept secret...

JAK
04-05-2008, 16:26
Does that stuff even come in Rock's size? :confused:

Hooch
04-05-2008, 16:31
Does that stuff even come in Rock's size? :confused:FD, step away from the Photoshop, lay down and no one gets hurt. :eek::D

jlb2012
04-05-2008, 16:37
well perhaps holding his feet to the fire about getting the BMT guide revised and possibly an AAR written up (aka beginnings of a book) might work to keep Rock away from the trail work while his foot/ankle heal

If that doesn't work may I recommend wickedweasel.com :rolleyes: ;) :eek: :D

peanuts
04-05-2008, 16:37
if Victoria does not work, maybe Friedrick's of Hollywood:eek::eek::D:D

(ducking now)

Hooch
04-05-2008, 16:46
omg...these thread is getting more bazaar:OShe's right, you know. :rolleyes:

Trail Yeti
04-05-2008, 16:50
Ok, you'll need a 9 iron, some lime jello, a kiddy pool and a buffalo, live or stuffed, preferably stuffed for safety's sake.....

Hooch
04-05-2008, 16:52
Ok, you'll need a 9 iron, some lime jello, a kiddy pool and a buffalo, live or stuffed, preferably stuffed for safety's sake.....Some reason a driver won't work? :eek:

Heater
04-05-2008, 18:00

Break his other foot? :D

Heater
04-05-2008, 18:02

Nutriloaf? :D

mudhead
04-05-2008, 18:12

Ask him if he would like a plaster cast instead.

Ex-Lax.

Just not right.

You might be ready to have him out and about by then. You also could suggest if he is well enough to work trail, you are ready to go buy paint for the house trim.

Sorry Rock.

SGT Rock
04-05-2008, 18:18
well perhaps holding his feet to the fire about getting the BMT guide revised and possibly an AAR written up (aka beginnings of a book) might work to keep Rock away from the trail work while his foot/ankle heal

If that doesn't work may I recommend wickedweasel.com :rolleyes: ;) :eek: :D
I'm already updating it.

Trail Yeti
04-05-2008, 19:31
Some reason a driver won't work? :eek:

thats for later....when you replace the lime jello with apple sauce and the buffalo with a 10 ft tall chocalate rabbit with saddle:eek::-?:banana:D:cool:

Hooch
04-05-2008, 19:33
thats for later....when you replace the lime jello with apple sauce and the buffalo with a 10 ft tall chocalate rabbit with saddle:eek::-?:banana:D:cool:You've been in Boone too long, man. :eek::D

Trail Yeti
04-05-2008, 19:43
You've been in Boone too long, man. :eek::D

LOL I actually live in CO now....but I'll be heading back east soon.

smokymtnsteve
04-07-2008, 19:50
We shall see. If I can make hardcore I certainly do want to.

I got some medysin that'll make yore ankle better;)

SGT Rock
04-07-2008, 19:52
I got some medysin that'll make yore ankle better;)
I bet you do. Now that I don't get tested regular like I could probably try some of that in order to go ultralight. But I still like the taste of that demon alcohol. Taxed or not.

Heater
04-07-2008, 20:14
I bet you do. Now that I don't get tested regular like I could probably try some of that in order to go ultralight. But I still like the taste of that demon alcohol. Taxed or not.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Heater
04-07-2008, 20:17
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Welcome to the land of doing what you like without worrys. ;) :sun

Tin Man
04-09-2008, 14:21
SGT Rock, Any update on the SitRep?

SGT Rock
04-09-2008, 14:27
I have a doctors appointment tomorrow with the orthopedic guy. I'll see what he says. I have stopped wearing the brace/cast thing so much because I itch too much with the thing. The foot feels better while walking on level surfaces and without a load. I haven't tried any distance on it yet other than the other day at the grocery and then it did start singing again.

I'm going to take at least this week and next week off. I've got a couple of AT and BMT hikers I plan to do some shuttle, slacking, and benevolence next week.

I have started putting out feelers for employment. At a certain point I have to have money, and I would hate to burn up all my hike savings waiting to hike.

envirodiver
04-09-2008, 14:32
You know, it's my theory that idiots like this who come in and stir the pot right off the bat are a few of same people over and over again. I may be wrong, but who knows? They come in, make a few comments, split and make a new ID a few weeks or so later and continue the process like that guy a while back who was trying to get eveyone to quit saying "thru-hike" or Wild Cowboy, etc.

Yeah I've thought of that too. It's not surprising, when you figure that there are some folks out there that delight in developing viruses, etc. just to mess up someones day, or worse. When you look at it that way trolls are just a minor thing, sometimes even entertaining.

Tin Man
04-09-2008, 14:32
Rock, Good luck with all that. There is some benevolence waiting in CT whenever you make it here.

Cookerhiker
04-09-2008, 18:05
Rock, sorry about your ailments but you're doing the absolute right thing in exercising prudence. I had hoped to meet up with you with some TM when you reached N. VA or MD but I guess that's for another day.

SGT Rock
04-09-2008, 18:13
There is always a chance.

Chaco Taco
04-09-2008, 18:49
There is always a chance.

Hey man, I just got to Cloud 9 and heard the news. Sorry to hear about your foot. Hang in there. Will be sending you some good vibes in hopes you make it back out soon. Take care

SGT Rock
04-09-2008, 18:52
Thanks man. I'm working on making some green so I still have a hike fund when I get better. I still like that flip flop idea.

mountain squid
04-09-2008, 19:27
http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/signs102.gifI was gone for 10 days and had to scroll back thru 10 pages of replies to find out what happened....

Sorry to hear SGT Rock, but guess what...the trail will still be there whenever you are able to get back on. Get healed up and start thinking about Hard Core if you are not hiking by then...
http://www.yahoofreak.com/3D%20Smileys/3D%20Communication%20Smileys/it's%20all%20good.gif
See you on the trail,
mt squid
http://hikinghq.net/forum/images/smilies3/rankn-cpo.gif

Nean
04-09-2008, 20:04
LOL I actually live in CO now....but I'll be heading back east soon.
whereabouts?:-?:)

little bear
04-09-2008, 22:03
hey rock, just saw what has been going on with you......sorry to hear. when I was in the Marines, I had really bad stress fractures in both legs,(one turned to a threw and threw break)....but anway the Navy Docs had be in the deep end of the pool running laps and that seemed to help better than anything.

Hope all goes well.

LB

warraghiyagey
04-09-2008, 23:18
Thanks man. I'm working on making some green so I still have a hike fund when I get better. I still like that flip flop idea.

Hmmmm. Could Rock make it to Katahdin in June headed south?? Hmmm
:sun

hopefulhiker
04-10-2008, 09:02
Good luck with your x rays,Sgt Rock, you know it might not be as bad as you think, but I know the feeling of being off the trail because of an injury. It really is not a good feeling.... It happened to me twice in 05. My wife made me stay off for a week after possible stress fractures in Hot Springs, then a doctor ordered me off the trail for an infected blister up in New York...

But it is best to take care of the problem so you can hike another day...
Best Wishes....

SGT Rock
04-10-2008, 10:29
Just got back from the ortho guy. 3 more weeks of physical therapy and a follow up in May.

Sly
04-10-2008, 10:35
Just got back from the ortho guy. 3 more weeks of physical therapy and a follow up in May.

What are you doing for PT?

SGT Rock
04-10-2008, 10:55
Right now nothing. I'm waiting for the therapist appointment probably next week.

The doc told me I could go back to non-impact stuff cor cardio like bikes and such. I am thinking of our cross country trainer and some upper body weight traing until I get back on the trail.

Alligator
04-10-2008, 10:57
Milkshake lifts. They do a body good.

envirodiver
04-10-2008, 11:00
12 oz. curls really works those guns

SGT Rock
04-10-2008, 11:04
Milkshake lifts. They do a body good.

Sundays and banana splits:banana

12 oz. curls really works those guns
I've been doing shots.

envirodiver
04-10-2008, 11:07
I've been doing shots.

Roids huh? I'd have never thought it. That the steroid scandal would reach into backpacking.

LOL...sure would eliminate a lot of thru-hikers if they drug tested everyone starting out on Springer.:D

warraghiyagey
04-10-2008, 11:13
I've heard "it's gotta be 5pm somehwere."
I've even heard (and occassionally said) "it's gotta be noon somewhere"
But are you guys talking about drinking in the ten oclock hour???

Sweet.

envirodiver
04-10-2008, 11:18
It's never too early. :sun

A little Makers Mark to get the day going...actually just kidding, I couldn't make it through the day if I started in the morning...well at least after I got out of college.

SGT Rock
04-10-2008, 11:23
Tried this stuff yesterday: Bulleit Bourbon. It's got sort of a smoky taste, sort of like scotch.

envirodiver
04-10-2008, 11:38
Never tried it. I'll have too though. Where's it distilled?

For my taste, I've had a few of the high end bourbons and I always end up back w/ Makers Mark. Just has the taste I like. Gentelman Jack Single barrel is pretty tasty too.

SGT Rock
04-10-2008, 11:44
Lawrenceburg, KY. http://www.bulleitbourbon.com/Gateway.html?Lang=en-us&BrandId=SO&RefUrl=http%3a%2f%2fwww.bulleitbourbon.com%2fTempl ates%2fStandardContentTemplate.aspx%3fNRMODE%3dPub lished%26NRNODEGUID%3d%257b989237EA-64EA-4DA2-B293-B98AADCB3F9D%257d%26NRORIGINALURL%3d%252f%26NRCACH EHINT%3dGuest

man that is some URL...

Anyway, it was on sale so I decided to try it. I still prefer Makers Mark above this and Woodford Reserve is one I have been doing sometimes lately too. I tried some JD Single Barrel a while back and some Knob Creek too.

I have a little bit of Bookers left, but that stuff is in a whole other realm compared to most top shelf bourbons.

envirodiver
04-10-2008, 12:04
I've had Knob Creek as well. Not Woodford Reserve or Bookers. I'll have to check them out. There is a Lquor store attached to Costco here that sells good lquor at excellent prices. 1.75 L Makers for $38. 1 L Gentelman Jack Single Barrel $33. I'll have to see if they have the others that you speak of.

SGT Rock
04-10-2008, 12:08
I highly reccomend you try Bookers just for the experience of it. The stuff is very powerfull - between 126 to 133 proof bourbon. But for that level of potency it is smooth to the taste BUT it burns like fire when that stuff hits the stomach.

envirodiver
04-10-2008, 12:16
Wow, that is some powerful stuff. I'll have to grab a bottle and check it out. That doesn't sound like your everyday sit around drinking bourbon. Probably pretty costly also.

mudhead
04-10-2008, 12:19
About time you found a pool isn't it? Don't want to be a slack-a$$, and grow man-boobs.

(Unless you are hitching with ms.)

warraghiyagey
04-10-2008, 13:06
Well, thisall sounds a little too sophisticated for me to mention Milwaukee's Best Ice. . . so I won't.

saimyoji
04-10-2008, 13:08
http://www.google.com/products?q=bookers+bourbon&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-US&ie=UTF-8&oe=utf8&um=1

take-a-knee
04-10-2008, 13:23
Right now nothing. I'm waiting for the therapist appointment probably next week.

The doc told me I could go back to non-impact stuff cor cardio like bikes and such. I am thinking of our cross country trainer and some upper body weight traing until I get back on the trail.

Try to find a gym with a Precor elliptical trainer, those things will rehab a knee and the ramp and pedals are designed so that there is no heel lift (like most other elliptical trainers have) so it shouldn't aggravate your ankle.

SGT Rock
04-10-2008, 14:51
Try to find a gym with a Precor elliptical trainer, those things will rehab a knee and the ramp and pedals are designed so that there is no heel lift (like most other elliptical trainers have) so it shouldn't aggravate your ankle.
I'll look into that.

Tin Man
05-03-2008, 11:29
Hey Rock, Can you update us on your foot issue and hiking plans?

minnesotasmith
05-03-2008, 11:33
I highly reccomend you try Bookers just for the experience of it. The stuff is very powerfull - between 126 to 133 proof bourbon. But for that level of potency it is smooth to the taste BUT it burns like fire when that stuff hits the stomach.

When bourbon is distilled, the fusel oils (3-, 4-, and 5-carbon alcohols) are put back in the final product, a rare practice among distilled alcoholic beverages. Those, along with traces of methanol (from bacterial contamination during fermentation) and dehydration are the primary causes of hangovers. IMO you're better off drinking a purer booze such as vodka or Scotch.

A-Train
05-03-2008, 11:37
When bourbon is distilled, the fusel oils (3-, 4-, and 5-carbon alcohols) are put back in the final product, a rare practice among distilled alcoholic beverages. Those, along with traces of methanol (from bacterial contamination during fermentation) and dehydration are the primary causes of hangovers. IMO you're better off drinking a purer booze such as vodka or Scotch.

With all due respect Mr. Smith, I'm not sure bourbon heads are too preocuppied with being "better off". It's all about the tasty baby

sofaking
05-03-2008, 12:51
no such thing as a hangover, just beginners growing pains...

ofthearth
05-03-2008, 12:54
Hey Rock, Can you update us on your foot issue and hiking plans?

I was going to ask the same thing.

PS not on Fl trail. Started AT and now sitting home dealing with ortho doc. Hope to be back soon.

PSS You'd be proud. Under 30 lbs and still working to get lighter.

Ofthearth

Frolicking Dinosaurs
05-03-2008, 12:58
I think they are gone today -- as I understand it, Rock is still in need of considerable physical therapy to rectify the problem and likely will not be able to complete the hike this year. :(

Tin Man
05-03-2008, 13:35

Ofthearth

If this comment is directed at Anti-Gravity Tin Man, that's not me. He's tinman (no space) and doesn't post often.

PSS - But I am still happy for you being under 30 pounds (assuming you mean pack weight that is ;) )

Tin Man
05-03-2008, 13:37
I think they are gone today -- as I understand it, Rock is still in need of considerable physical therapy to rectify the problem and likely will not be able to complete the hike this year. :(

Major bummer... ah, for a respectable SGT. Dang.

ofthearth
05-03-2008, 15:57
If this comment is directed at Anti-Gravity Tin Man, that's not me. He's tinman (no space) and doesn't post often.

PSS - But I am still happy for you being under 30 pounds (assuming you mean pack weight that is ;) )

HHhhhmmmmmm maybe I had better go back and look at the post again. What I ment was I was wondering where Sgt Rock was also ...... and ........ He had asked once how I was doing on the Fl trail and I was responding that I had started the AT (and was also seeing an ortho doc.) and the PSS referred to the time at the RUCK when he was kind enough to check out my pack weight/gear. And it still does not seem any clearer. :eek: Oh well

Tin Man
05-03-2008, 16:18
HHhhhmmmmmm maybe I had better go back and look at the post again. What I ment was I was wondering where Sgt Rock was also ...... and ........ He had asked once how I was doing on the Fl trail and I was responding that I had started the AT (and was also seeing an ortho doc.) and the PSS referred to the time at the RUCK when he was kind enough to check out my pack weight/gear. And it still does not seem any clearer. :eek: Oh well

You can use the "Post Reply" button on the left at the end of a thread to reply to the thread instead of including someone else's post.

SGT Rock
05-03-2008, 18:47
Foot: still hurting some, but not bad. Of course I ain't walking trail or with a pack for now. Still doing the re-hab thing and I have a doctor's appointment on the 8th.

This means I will have over a month off the trail. I was planning to finish next month and then get a job - I sort of based my hike plan and savings around this fact. So now I am at a point where I haven't got the money to make it all the way. I'm thinking I should just get a job and start saving for next year. Still working this out - but it looks likely.

mudhead
05-03-2008, 18:54
How's the hippie beard?

SGT Rock
05-03-2008, 18:58
It's gone. I've been talking to some of the local employers. I have also found some VERY interesting job possibilities. Ones where I can still shoot and eat snakes for a living.

mudhead
05-03-2008, 19:01
It's gone. I've been talking to some of the local employers. I have also found some VERY interesting job possibilities. Ones where I can still shoot and eat snakes for a living.

Stateside I hope. Bounty hunter?

SGT Rock
05-03-2008, 19:08

I prefer bourbon. Rarely get a hangover with that.

With all due respect Mr. Smith, I'm not sure bourbon heads are too preocuppied with being "better off". It's all about the tasty baby

Exactly. May as well tell someone that carrot sticks are betterr than french fries. If you like french fries it doesn't matter how much better carrot sticks would be fore you.

no such thing as a hangover, just beginners growing pains...

Yep. So stay hydrated, and keep drinking bourbon regularly to stay acclimated.

I was going to ask the same thing.

PS not on Fl trail. Started AT and now sitting home dealing with ortho doc. Hope to be back soon.

Ofthearth

Sounds like it is spreading. Survivor Dave and I also ended up having to see an ortho doc.

Glad to hear the pack is getting lighter. I knew you could do it.

SGT Rock
05-03-2008, 19:11
Stateside I hope. Bounty hunter?
Teaching.

Right here in East Tennessee.

Amazingly we have a very specialized, relatively obscure group that teaches some very interesting skills to a very special set of clients. I had never heard about them until recently. They actually have a HQ right here in my little town and are looking to do some hiring for expansion soon. I went over to talk to them a few days ago and felt right at home instantly.

Gray Blazer
05-03-2008, 19:38
Teaching.

Right here in East Tennessee.

Amazingly we have a very specialized, relatively obscure group that teaches some very interesting skills to a very special set of clients. I had never heard about them until recently. They actually have a HQ right here in my little town and are looking to do some hiring for expansion soon. I went over to talk to them a few days ago and felt right at home instantly.
It's not like you haven't been teaching a specialized group special skills for the past years of your life. Hope it works out well.

SGT Rock
05-03-2008, 19:43
It's not like you haven't been teaching a specialized group special skills for the past years of your life. Hope it works out well.
I talked to them, they are going to start interviewing for these positions in a few months, and the interview is going to be sort of intensive. So, I am going to try to bone up on some of these skills prior to getting in for the interview. I am really looking forward to just getting an interview.

Footslogger
05-03-2008, 19:50
Hey Rock ...why don't you heal up and then come out and hike the Colorado Trail with me next year. I'll be a year out from my heart attack and should be ready to tackle it. Had planned to hike the PCT next year but that might be putting a little too much on my plate too soon.

Either way, glad to hear your foot is healing up and hope to see you at Trail Days.

'Slogger

ed bell
05-03-2008, 22:05
Easy Company anytime soon? If I know a weekend I could make it happen. Get that foot healed!:cool:

Tin Man
05-03-2008, 22:35
I talked to them, they are going to start interviewing for these positions in a few months, and the interview is going to be sort of intensive. So, I am going to try to bone up on some of these skills prior to getting in for the interview. I am really looking forward to just getting an interview.

You might consider applying for jobs you are not particularly excited about and go on interviews for the practice before the dream job interview. Besides, sometimes the not-so-exciting job turns out to be a lot more than you thought it might be. Also, never say "no" until you get an offer. Standard advice here, but thought it might be worth mentioning.

Gray Blazer
05-03-2008, 23:13
Rock, be yourself. You have a lot to offer. The fact alone that you co-run a fabulous world-renowned website about the AT is enough for me.

SGT Rock
05-03-2008, 23:16
Easy Company anytime soon? If I know a weekend I could make it happen. Get that foot healed!:cool:
I've been thinking about it. I have two large blow downs and a few hundred feet of side hill to start shaping up.

You might consider applying for jobs you are not particularly excited about and go on interviews for the practice before the dream job interview. Besides, sometimes the not-so-exciting job turns out to be a lot more than you thought it might be. Also, never say "no" until you get an offer. Standard advice here, but thought it might be worth mentioning.
I am going to. I just got a letter today from one of the places I put in a resume. The offer ain't a great check - but this place has lots of overtime and the practice wouldn't be bad.

As to this other interview though, it sounds more like an Army board and instructor eval sort of thing.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
05-03-2008, 23:23
Congrats on the offer.

If you want some help with the blowdown and sidehilling, let us know. I have a Pulaski that needs to be broken in. :D