PDA

View Full Version : Henry Shires Tarptent

otstroller
12-23-2003, 10:37
Have you Tarpent owners been to the website lately? Henry has designed a extended front beak. My Squall is going back to Tarpent as soon as I can get it washed to get the extended beak put on. Great idea from Henry I think. Makes a great place to store you boots at night to prevent waking up with your nose in one of them. :-)

www.tarptent.com

otstroller

hungryhowie
12-23-2003, 12:35
Have you Tarpent owners been to the website lately? Henry has designed a extended front beak. My Squall is going back to Tarpent as soon as I can get it washed to get the extended beak put on. Great idea from Henry I think. Makes a great place to store you boots at night to prevent waking up with your nose in one of them. :-)

www.tarptent.com

otstroller

Indeed, very much like my sil-shelter. This is a great addition by Henry, but you may like to wait until after the new year to see the new addition (if you have a floored tarptent). I haven't seen it yet, but Henry has described it elsewhere as a true floor enclosure for the floored versions. I think this may be the deal clincher for me - I spend many nights in tick contry, and a true enclosure is the only thing that keeps these little buggers out. I made my own netting enclosure for a trip last year, it worked perfectly except for the tics...I need something better here.

-Howie

Rain Man
12-23-2003, 14:14
Have you Tarpent owners been to the website lately? Henry has designed a extended front beak. ...Great idea from Henry I think. Makes a great place to store you boots at night to prevent waking up with your nose in one of them. ...

Does sound like a good idea. Henry shipped me a Cloudburst demo last month to try on a hike, but I only got to try it in my backyard. If I didn't already have an REI Halfdome Plus and an REI Roadster, I think I'd seriously consider getting a Cloudburst.

The model he sent me had the floor and netting, which I'd insist on for bug protection and soggy, wet ground here in the Southeast.

One thing I'd really have to get used to is the "open" feeling ...no front and no back. The new extend beak would help me with that, besides providing a place for gear.

I was impressed with Henry's "above and beyond the call of duty" attitude.

Rain Man