PDA

View Full Version : Question on straight forward forum

River Runner
01-05-2008, 21:09
Wondering why the sympathy/concern posts are being allowed to remain on the straight forward topic specifically for news on the Meredith Emerson case.

I thought the point of starting the thread was to keep it only specifically for news.

Given the concern expressed by everyone, I did start a support thread. Hopefully all will remain on topic.

Alligator
01-05-2008, 21:15
It's much easier to simply use the exclamation point icon on a post to make a note that you think something needs moderating. That report goes straight to the mods for that area.

It's been a very trying day so perhaps we could discontinue calling out the mods.

Smile
01-05-2008, 21:22
It's been a very trying day so perhaps we could discontinue calling out the mods.

Good suggestion Alligator. Let's focus on concern for the missing and her family at this time.

River Runner
01-05-2008, 21:25
It's much easier to simply use the exclamation point icon on a post to make a note that you think something needs moderating. That report goes straight to the mods for that area.

Sorry Alligator, not having felt the need before to point out something like that I wasn't even aware of that.

Alligator
01-05-2008, 21:38
Sorry Alligator, not having felt the need before to point out something like that I wasn't even aware of that.It's okay, while that information is in the TOS, I don't think a lot of people know it's there.

I know what I wrote was a little vague in #2. The exclamation point is at the top right of a post and is called the report post icon.

dixicritter
01-05-2008, 22:09
In answer to the question, we're trying to allow as many posts as possible to stand in order to bring some calm back to the site. Hope that's alright with everyone.

Sheesh, sometimes we just can't seem to win here.

ed bell
01-05-2008, 22:25
In answer to the question, we're trying to allow as many posts as possible to stand in order to bring some calm back to the site. Hope that's alright with everyone.

Sheesh, sometimes we just can't seem to win here.I'm confident with your ability and decisions. Thank you again for all you do. It's been a tough couple of days. I hope that we can help as much as possible.

OregonHiker
01-05-2008, 22:40

No good deed goes un punished. I think it's time you get a raise:-?

River Runner
01-05-2008, 22:40

Okay, thanks. Sorry to add to the confusion. You've got a tough job.

Jaybird62
01-05-2008, 22:59
Dixie, you and all the rest of the staff do a wonderful job. Do'nt mean to step on any toes here, but I think this is hitting all of us hard. Who cares where they post there concerns, for some-it is all they can do. Lets not forget the family and friends, and what they are going through right now.:(

Kirby
01-05-2008, 23:06
I have noticed that a lot of strain has been put on the moderators, especially today. In my active-poster time on this site, I had not seen an uproar against the leadership of this site like I saw related to the missing hiker story. I honestly believe that the reason this has been a larger situation than it was meant to be, is because people expressed their dis-satisfaction through threads on the forums, instead of seeking private conversation with website leadership.

I stand firmly with all website leadership decisions, and when there is a time I dis-agree with them, they will hear my concerns privately.

Kirby

Nightwalker
01-06-2008, 23:48
Amen, Kirby. I'm for 'em even when I'm again 'em. (Hey Dixi!!! Havin' fun Rockless yet?)