PDA

View Full Version : Another Noob

Hermanator
12-23-2003, 15:42
Hello all. This past Aug, stopped by the SNP after dropping the boy off at college. To make a very long story into a relatively short one... I am now bit by the call of the trail (ah, that cursed call of the trail). As many of you can relate to, I'm obsessed with the prospect of making a thru some day. I'll start making some out and backs/shake downs early spring and then begin section hiking. Want to begin with VA (maybe starting in Damascus after Trail Days?) since it is closer to home. Can't wait to get started and know my wife, sons, friends, can't wait as well because then maybe I'll stop with "the AT this and the AT that" stuff.
H

Blue Jay
12-23-2003, 15:51
Are you the same Herminator that won all those Gold Medals in Cross Country Skiing?

Hermanator
12-23-2003, 16:01
Not the same one. Did you meet him on the trail? If so, I would hate to be using a screen name that could lead to confusion with him.

Blue Jay
12-24-2003, 08:43
Never had the honor of meeting him, but from interviews he seems like a laid back guy who would be happy an American Hiker would be using his nick name.