PDA

View Full Version : Sorry

Nokia
01-07-2008, 01:33
Earlier I posted about editing posts and I wanted to apologize to the administrators. I didn't realize that there was an alternate forum that posts about certain things could be discussed (sensative issues). I really do think you folks do a great job, sorry for confusion.

:o :o :o :o

warraghiyagey
01-07-2008, 01:58
Chagrin Falls can be quite beautiful, any time of year.

Sly
01-07-2008, 06:08
Yeah, we all get upset when post are edited or deleted. It's a difficult balancing act and for the most part the mods do a great job. ;)

Frolicking Dinosaurs
01-07-2008, 07:40
:::: Dino wraps a loving tail around Nokia ::::

Nokia, no problem. It was a tough day for all of us. As Sly says (Sly is one of the moderators) it is a difficult balancing act. Even the moderation team doesn't always have 100% agreement on how to handle some of these situations. The senseless loss of a member of the hiking community hits us all hard - moderators included. We are real live human beings and members of the hiking community.

Unfortunately, I have some idea what Meridith Emerson's family is going thru right now. I have lost a two-year-old child of my own (leukemia) and lost a dearly-loved adult step-child to senseless violence. We went thru several days of wondering if he was alive before his body was found. No matter how hard I try not to let my own experiences affect how I see things that are posted, it does.

The Sensitive Trail topics forum (Thick Skinned forum) mentioned is a forum members must join to see. To join this forum:
Click USER CP on the top navigation bar on this page.
The page that opens will have a left-side navigation bar. The third item from the bottom is GROUP MEMBERSHIPS
This will open a page that will allow you to choose to see some additional forums:
Thick-skinned forum (this is also called the sensitive trail topics)
Non-AT forum (general discussion of non-hiking related topics)
Political forum (be afraid, be very afraid :D)

dixicritter
01-07-2008, 07:59
In total agreement with what Dino and Sly have said. We are human, and I know I only try to do what I feel is in the very best interest of this site and its members at all times (whether they feel that way or not...LOL). I know I can't make everyone happy all the time, that's impossible.

Thank you Nokia for the apology, don't worry about it. :)

kayak karl
01-07-2008, 08:19
:::: Dino wraps a loving tail around Nokia ::::

Nokia, no problem. It was a tough day for all of us. As Sly says (Sly is one of the moderators) it is a difficult balancing act. Even the moderation team doesn't always have 100% agreement on how to handle some of these situations. The senseless loss of a member of the hiking community hits us all hard - moderators included. We are real live human beings and members of the hiking community.

Unfortunately, I have some idea what Meridith Emerson's family is going thru right now. I have lost a two-year-old child of my own (leukemia) and lost a dearly-loved adult step-child to senseless violence. We went thru several days of wondering if he was alive before his body was found. No matter how hard I try not to let my own experiences affect how I see things that are posted, it does.

The Sensitive Trail topics forum (Thick Skinned forum) mentioned is a forum members must join to see. To join this forum:
Click USER CP on the top navigation bar on this page.
The page that opens will have a left-side navigation bar. The third item from the bottom is GROUP MEMBERSHIPS
This will open a page that will allow you to choose to see some additional forums:
Thick-skinned forum (this is also called the sensitive trail topics)
Non-AT forum (general discussion of non-hiking related topics)
Political forum (be afraid, be very afraid :D)
ty. i never knew that

GOA Fatboy
02-15-2008, 12:12
How do you go to the forum after you join? I can not seemed to find it.

Gaiter
02-15-2008, 12:33
when in the home page, click on forums (top left), scroll down, you'll find the subscribed forums down at the bottom, also entries from those will appear w/ the rest of the new post, look on the right column to see which group its under