PDA

View Full Version : My Plans for 2008

Tobit
01-09-2008, 14:34
My plan for this year is to start taking backpacking seriously once again in my life and hit the trails as often as I can. My ultimate goal for this year is to do a week long thru-hike of the Monadnock Sunapee Greenway Trail (50 miles) around the end of September or October. In 2009, I am hopeful that all my backpacking in 2008 has prepared me to do a thru-hike of the Long Trail. I'd then like to do the ME and/or NH sections of the AT as training for an end-to-end trek in 2011 or 2012.

It has been a long time since I've done any multi-day trips so I am going to start out at a slow pace this spring, beginning with day hikes, and work my way up. I'd also like to do a few multi-day trips this year in the Whites. The best way to get back into shape for hiking is to just get out there and do it.

I think this is a good realistic goal for me for the next few years. I'm going to have a lot of free time this year as I don't see myself going back to work until the fall. I've also adopted a section of the Monadnock/Sunapee and will be spending a lot of time on that trail this year.