PDA

View Full Version : 2008 section hiking with ladies

Mtn girl
01-13-2008, 19:00
Intested in doing AT sectiion hiking in 08' with other ladies. Interested? :sun

Lilred
01-13-2008, 21:25
Do a search on HenHike and maybe you can hook up with that group somewhere along the trail. They are a group of women thru-hiking the AT this year. From what I understand, many women will be joining them for short stints along the way.

LuTotten
01-13-2008, 23:19
I might be but I am a slowpoke...PM me if interested

Mama Sheree
01-13-2008, 23:58
I'm a newbie along with my daughter (24). We both are interested in hiking sections. My husband of 27 years has hiked sections. My son (18) plans to thru hike staring 2/09. We will hike as a family this coming weekend starting at the approach to Springer.

raftingirl
01-14-2008, 09:30
We are you thinking about hiking?
Right now we are section hiking South on the Blue Ridge Parkway and North in PA.
We are based out of Harpers Ferry, WV.
Let us know when and where you will be hiking and maybe we can join you.

raftingirl:sun

Mama Sheree
01-14-2008, 11:21
We will start at the beginning in Georgia at the approach to Springer Mountain. We plan to watch the weather. Won't go this time, if it is snowing. We have a backup plan for the orange blaze in Florida if there is snow in North Georgia. The is a 3 day weekend coming up so we can't get to the trail until about 2 pm so this will just be a short overnight hike.

bswilarmy
02-01-2008, 00:47
hi ladies. Hickerchick2008 would love to hear from you. she is a dear frined and a fabulous trail buddy. she is dying for other female hiker buddies to section hike with. she lives near Helen, GA. if she seems apprehensive when you contact her tell her i sent you.

bswilarmy
02-01-2008, 00:47
oops... friend

Mrs Baggins
02-01-2008, 07:40
hi ladies. Hickerchick2008 would love to hear from you. she is a dear frined and a fabulous trail buddy. she is dying for other female hiker buddies to section hike with. she lives near Helen, GA. if she seems apprehensive when you contact her tell her i sent you.

You're in Columbia! I'm in Aiken. Where do you hike that isn't hours drive away??? I used to live within minutes of the AT in Maryland and now there's nothing around here that isn't hours away. :mad:

bswilarmy
02-01-2008, 18:38
hi mrs baggins
nothing is closer than 3 hours. once i was divorced from hickerchick i had to drive hours to enjoy hiking....but its worth it. she lives near helen but i like N SC too. chatooga river has a fabulous trail and very beautiful. my pics show the trail. she is moving back to AUG to be near her kids so if you contact her i know she will gladly drive to helen to hike with you!!

tazie
02-01-2008, 20:32
Intested in doing AT sectiion hiking in 08' with other ladies. Interested? :sun

Mtn girl, I'm in Maryland. If you're ever in the area PM me or get in touch and I'll gladly section hike with you. I'm a girl (or as my kids say, "you're not a girl, you're a mom!") and usually just hike with my lab, Romie. (very friendly and always on the leash). Take care!

Mrs Baggins
02-01-2008, 22:57
Mtn girl, I'm in Maryland. If you're ever in the area PM me or get in touch and I'll gladly section hike with you. I'm a girl (or as my kids say, "you're not a girl, you're a mom!") and usually just hike with my lab, Romie. (very friendly and always on the leash). Take care!

I have hiked with Tazie and I highly recommend her as a great hiking buddy! The best! Taught her everything she knows! :D

Frau
02-02-2008, 19:54
Mrs. Baggins--

I am very near the central part of the VA section, about 15 minutes from several different AT access points.

I am VERY interested in doing sections! I teach and so have the summer off. Please contact me about VA, WV or MD sections.

Frau (Lois)

peanuts
02-02-2008, 19:56
well i think we need a georgia woman mini hiking weekend????

Lilred
02-03-2008, 11:34
Mrs. Baggins--

I am very near the central part of the VA section, about 15 minutes from several different AT access points.

I am VERY interested in doing sections! I teach and so have the summer off. Please contact me about VA, WV or MD sections.

Frau (Lois)

Frau,
I'll be starting my section in Catawba the end of May. I have my summers off too, thanks to teaching, so I'll be hiking, hopefully, to Harper's Ferry this summer. If you want to join me for any or all of it, let me know.

Mrs Baggins
02-03-2008, 12:43
Mrs. Baggins--

Frau (Lois)

I'm in South Carolina, just over the Savannah River from Augusta GA - - a long way from VA, MD, or WV. :( I used to live in Frederick MD, very close to the AT, and have hiked from Snickers Gap to Pine Knob Furnace. Now I'm hours away from that kind of hiking. I'm getting back on the trail April 1st at Springer for two weeks. :banana

bswilarmy
02-04-2008, 21:33
well i think we need a georgia woman mini hiking weekend????

give hickerchick2008 an email or a pm i know she is ready to hike since its getting warmer. :sun

NatalieRose
02-09-2008, 21:25
Hi ladies! I'm Natalie, a 28 year old law student. I am hiking from Harpers Ferry to Katahdin from May 11 - Aug 17. This is my first big hike and my hiking partner seems likely to back-out. I'm a little too timid to make the trip alone, but I've been planning for too long to give up now. I'm looking for a few women who want to spend the summer on the trail. Please email me if you're interested in meeting up for the whole summer, or any good chunk of the trail. Thanks!

rubyvermonter
02-11-2008, 18:17
I've been section hiking for a few years and have completed the trail from Caratunk, ME, to the Delaware Water Gap. I plan to go out Memorial Day week-end, July 4th week-end and about 3 weeks in August. I plan to backpack at least to Harper's Ferry. I generally pack enough food for 4 - 5 days and go into town to pick up maildrops. If anyone is interested, please e-mail me directly.

Rubyvermonter.

pedal
04-14-2008, 19:10
I'm looking for female hiking partners for overnighters in GA mainly, but NC too---usually weekends. I lost my hiking partner to other priorities and it's been too long! I have to get back on the trail for my sanity!! :)
I bring my dog along, so you must be ok with that.
I'm not high maintenance, but would like to know someone else is nearby to check in with occasionally.
Looking at section from Dick's to Standing Indian at some point, but any part of the trail in GA and NC would be ok.

Sherri and The CookieDog

Mrs Baggins
04-14-2008, 19:28
I used to be against dogs on the trail but then I realized that they would bark or otherwise let us know if bears were around - as long as the dog is very well behaved and leashed.

I could go out from Dick's Creek but I need to be able to leave my van somewhere very safe and then get back to it without a problem. I live in Aiken SC - a long way from any point on the AT. I was just out this past week from Wayah Bald to Stecoah Gap. Anxious to get going again! I can go pretty much any time from now til about May 15th and then not again til around June 1st. I'm extraordinarily slow on the ups - - you can read my latest journals at www.trailjournals.com. I'm Mrs Baggins (no periods and make sure the space is there). Then click on Mrs Baggins 2008, not Boomer and Mrs Baggins. That was our hike last year.

pedal
04-15-2008, 18:50
I used to be against dogs on the trail but then I realized that they would bark or otherwise let us know if bears were around - as long as the dog is very well behaved and leashed.

If you're thinking The CookieDog is going to bark to let us know there are bears around...that ain't gonna happen. :)

gasouthpaw
04-17-2008, 08:20
Hi Sherri & Cookie Dog,
I will be filling in a section on the AT from NOC to Fontana dam and also from Davenport gap to Hot Springs when the weather warms up a little. I love dogs and would enjoy some company.
Lori

Sunshine
04-17-2008, 21:48
I'm up for PA in late May/June. Starting at Rt 501 headed north. Natalie, when do you think you'll be there? I could do a week or so. Also want to do an over night to fill in the 20 miles south of Harpers Ferry. Souds like a lot of interest in that area...