PDA

View Full Version : Mixing Aqua Mira in Platypus/Gatorade caps

vaporjourney
01-14-2008, 00:31
Is there any reason I shouldn't premix the Aqua Mira solutions in a platypus cap instead of the cap that they supply? Multifunction equipment is the way to go, and it'd be nice to get rid of those mixing caps. Especially when considering that I'll be using the Aqua Mira in the desert, treating up to 6L at a time. Plus...I'm using the BPL mini bottles, which the standard mixing cap won't fit around. Feel free to prove my idea wrong...

A-Train
01-14-2008, 00:36
Yeah you'll be fine using the platy caps, I've mixed it in Gatorade caps many a times. It can get stuck in the threads of the cap though, which won't happen with the AM caps.

I'd keep a rubber band around the 2 bottles and keep it in a cool place out of direct sunlight. Weird thing happened to me. No issues with it in the desert heat (I kept it in my hipbelt pocket) routinely in 100 degree temps, but then in northern cali when it was much cooler, one of my bottles blew up from too much pressure, I guess.

Be aware they don't sell AM in California or Oregon. Order from Campmor.

I'd think you were crazy for trying to save a micro ounce with the cap, but I saw guys ripping the labels off their water bottles.