PDA

View Full Version : Stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid....

Dances with Mice
01-14-2008, 09:37
I signed up for a GATC work trip to clean up the Duncan Ridge Trail and marked it down for the 21st. That would make a nice weekend, a work trip following the SoRuck. It was today, the 14th. I realized that when I came to work to find a voicemail from the crew waiting for me up in Dahlonega.

I rechecked my calandar - the 21st is marked. I rechecked my e-mails and they all clearly say the 14th.

Stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid...

Nothing is going to make me feel better today.

Alligator
01-14-2008, 10:00
Don't feel bad, it's something that you can use to your advantage. Next time you leave your wife waiting at the restaurant for your anniversary, just remind her how you can't even remember the correct dates for AT work trips:D.

Marta
01-14-2008, 10:11
I showed up an hour early for a party in December. I apologized afterwards to the hostess, saying it just goes to show I shouldn't attempt to read an invitation without putting on my glasses anymore.

Lyle
01-14-2008, 10:16
Been there, done that.

Don't beat yourself up, I bet they'll let you volunteer again at some point in the future. :-)

stumpy
01-14-2008, 10:43
How about this one. I teach in a school with a strict dress code. The school is haveing a PJ day to promote our homecoming basketball game. I wrote up a nice letter and sent to the all the parents explaining that that their child did not have to wear dress code and could wear their PJ's to school today. The one problem, PJ day is tomorrow!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

Dances with Mice
01-14-2008, 10:54
Don't beat yourself up, I bet they'll let you volunteer again at some point in the future. They shouldn't.

"Clean up the Duncan Ridge? That'll be great! It's my favorite Trail! Which part? Between Mulky & Fish? Oh, man, what a great area! You can count on me, I'll be there! No problem! Can't wait!"

Stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid...

Lone Wolf
01-14-2008, 10:58
Nothing is going to make me feel better today.

drink beer and kick a hippy or two. works for me

mudhead
01-14-2008, 12:40
Explain what "catatonic polyester" is to me. That will make you feel better.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
01-14-2008, 12:51
::: Dino wraps a loving tail around DWM ::::

bigmac_in
01-14-2008, 13:15
Explain what "catatonic polyester" is to me. That will make you feel better.

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?p=484247

Maybe this will make you AND DWM feel better?

Frolicking Dinosaurs
01-14-2008, 13:18
The polys are, I believe they round them up once a year. There hasn't been an ester born out of captivity since 1956. Shame really, but the damaged ecosystem just couldn't support them anymore.?::: Dino seen ROTFL :::

Ramble~On
01-15-2008, 16:38
drink beer and kick a hippy or two. works for me

Is that a quote of Cartman from South Park?

Doctari
01-15-2008, 18:19
I signed up for a Mt Bike trail building event. The first one within less than 50 miles of my house (it's only SIX miles away!!). The date was written in my: computer calender, paper calander I always carry, AND on my phone, with an alarm the day before and the day of.
Due to the agrivation of work, Thursday AM I turned my phone off on way home from work (the "thing" was Sat) didn't turn it back on till just before leaving for work AM Tuesday. Didn't (for whatever reasons) look at either of the other calanders. I hear I missed a good time. :rolleyes:

Wish I could say it was that first / last time for me. Wish I could assure you it will never happen to you again.

LWs suggestion of beer drinkin & hippy kickin sounds like a plan to me. :D

Egads
01-15-2008, 22:26
DWM,

You might suggest the crew add a Westbound blue double blaze where the trail leaves the logging road and heads up to the ridge ~.6 mi West of Fish Gap. I missed the turn off and followed the road. It took awhile but I made it back to the trail. Your trip report is very helpful.

Mulkey to Blood is dry on the trail. I did not go looking for water off trail since we cached a gallon at FS-39 East of Coosa. There is flowing water at Calf Stomp & on the Coosa Trail after the turnoff near Slaughter Gap.

BTW, don't be so hard on yourself. We all make mistakes.

Egads

Two Speed
01-16-2008, 06:38
. . . I rechecked my calandar - the 21st is marked. I rechecked my e-mails and they all clearly say the 14th.Wow, you mean I missed out on getting trail maintenance hiker kharma and didn't even have to get sweaty or anything? And I could have rode your back about screwing dates up and everything?

Man, I HATE missing opportunities like that. :datz
Nothing is going to make me feel better today.How about wise guy comments from out of shape section hikers? Does that help? ;)

All kidding around aside, shoot me a PM or something the next time you're gonna do a little work on the DRT. From the little bit I've seen that trail needs some TLC in the worst way, er, the best way, well . . . you know what I mean.

Dances with Mice
01-16-2008, 07:23
It's not my fault you're late getting here, 2. I even put your name in the thread title.

Right next to mine.

I'll let you know about the next trip, assuming Gary hasn't deleted my e-mail address.

Two Speed
01-16-2008, 07:39
It's not my fault you're late getting here, 2. I even put your name in the thread title.

Right next to mine.

I'll let you know about the next trip, assuming Gary hasn't deleted my e-mail address.Smart***, but I'm gonna have to score this little exchange for the hiker who cavorts with rodents.

'Kay, I'm in. We can have this argument while doing something useful, which'll be a novel experience for both of us. :p