PDA

View Full Version : Katahdin Fever

Yahtzee
01-14-2008, 20:01
Southbounders, I was wondering if you get Katahdin Fever the following year similar to how NOBO's get Springer Fever? Like, literally, do you have dreams of starting at Katahdin again? Also, for most of the NOBO's I talk to on a regular basis Springer Fever season is usually January to March. That's usually the time the uncontrollable urge to buy gear you don't need so you can rejigger your pack for a hike you are not going to do sets in. If Katahdin Fever exists, which it would be odd if it didn't I guess, does it set in later since your starting time was later? Fever is to be differentiated from the daily pang to put on the pack and get out there. That never goes away.

Jack Tarlin
01-14-2008, 20:04
Sure, everyone develops an annual urge every June to get eaten alive by bugs; to miss the Southern Spring; to hike until Christmastime; and to finish up one's trip on the entirely anti-climactic Springer Mountain.

Yeah, that sounds like one really popular mental condition. :D

Fevered maybe, but not too popular.

Marta
01-14-2008, 20:31
Some of us get to experience the Southern Spring every year! We had three or four days of it over the weekend.

Katahdin Fever is much more prolonged. It, too, starts in January, but runs on for more than half the year. It probably peaks in June and July, but even in August and September one thinks to oneself, "It's not too late! I could still go!"

Frolicking Dinosaurs
01-14-2008, 20:42
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b47/lowcarbscoop/DrDinoKatahdinFever.jpg

rcli4
01-14-2008, 22:30
Sure, everyone develops an annual urge every June to get eaten alive by bugs; to miss the Southern Spring; to hike until Christmastime; and to finish up one's trip on the entirely anti-climactic Springer Mountain.

Fevered maybe, but not too popular.

Jack; who is the candy ass?

Clyde

Blissful
01-14-2008, 22:34

Where's Lone Wolf on this one? :)

Blissful
01-14-2008, 22:35
FD - that was great!!!

Lone Wolf
01-14-2008, 22:39
Where's Lone Wolf on this one? :)

what clyde said

pitdog
01-14-2008, 22:40
right turn!