PDA

View Full Version : Howdy

Omen217
01-16-2008, 20:09
Not sure if a new thread was necessary to say this, but I am new tp Whiteblaze but am glad I found it. It is unfortunate the circumstances that brought me here, but I believe that there are no random acts.

I have been an avid day hiker/hammocker from California for years, and moving to Georgia and meeting many like minded folk has ignited a desire to know more about the AT and its possibilities.

Please direct me to the right posts and people.

Many thanx in advance

FanaticFringer
01-16-2008, 20:13
Hi and welcome to the site. This site is the sister site of whiteblaze. Great hammock camping info. www.hammockforums.net
Also check out www.tothewoods.net for great info. also.

solo29
01-16-2008, 20:18
welcome omen217 this is a kool site

canerunner
01-16-2008, 20:22
:welcome:sun:welcome

You really don't need any more direction that just start reading, and check the New Posts link in the middle of the second row of links above.

Come on and dive in, the hiking is fine! You won't have any problem finding out who to hike with, where to hike, and what you need to carry. This is a great crowd, with loads of knowledge, and the friendliest attitude of anyplace I've found. Well, almost, there are a few of us old pharts on here that can be kinda crusty, but you'll find that all of us are friendly, unless you taunt us. :D

mountain squid
01-16-2008, 20:30
I am new tp Whiteblaze

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/signs087.gifto WB. There is a wealth of info here, check out the articles section (http://whiteblaze.net/index.php?page=content) and use the search function, as required. If you can think of it, someone else has probably already though of it and started a thread. If unable to find what you are looking for, ask awayhttp://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/gen147.gif...

See you on the trail,
mt squid

Montego
01-17-2008, 01:32
Welcome to WhiteBlaze Omen217. You can get a lot of good info here from some great people :welcome

Heater
01-17-2008, 01:56
Not sure if a new thread was necessary to say this, but I am new tp Whiteblaze but am glad I found it. It is unfortunate the circumstances that brought me here, but I believe that there are no random acts.

I have been an avid day hiker/hammocker from California for years, and moving to Georgia and meeting many like minded folk has ignited a desire to know more about the AT and its possibilities.

Please direct me to the right posts and people.

Many thanx in advance

:welcome

A good place to start is up above where it says "Thru Hiking Info". Click on that and go to "Prep Articles". Lotsa good info there.

Omen217
01-17-2008, 09:25
So far lots of helpful responses and friendly folk. Glad i posted. Hiked Blood Mountain the other day and officialy saw my first white blaze. Looking forward to many more adventures with you all.

Thoughtful Owl
01-17-2008, 09:41
Welcome to WB. Hope you enjoy your stay with us. Like someone else said, if you can think it, its probably been written somewhere on here. Look around and become familar with the site. You will find it a most useful community of like minded friends and family.

Happy Hiking!