PDA

View Full Version : Pocketmail Question

ATbound
01-17-2008, 20:45
I'm looking into purchasing one, but I was wondering one thing. The way to send messages is via telephone. Is that the only way? I guess I'm wondering if there is a USB cable you can plug in a computer and download messages that way as well? Kind of like with a digital camera. Those of you who have used a pocketmail, please let me know.

the_iceman
01-17-2008, 22:55
But it works with most digital cell phones. I used my with a Razr on T-Mobile/Cingular.

hopefulhiker
01-17-2008, 23:21
I always used mine with a regular phone.. There is someway to sync it up with a computer but that is just for data transfer I believe....but it uses an analog type transmission.. Some cell phones you can force into analog mode though....

DuctTape
01-18-2008, 00:17
It comes with a cable to plug into your PC but it is NOT a USB cable. It's a small plug with two of those little screws on the sides, which I think is a bit outdated since my laptop doesn't have the proper outlet.

smaaax
01-18-2008, 16:26
You have to send them over a phone.

Pocketmail doesn't work with Verizon and I believe sprint because of their network. If your provider uses CDMA instead of GSM, pocketmail won't work unless you force the phone into analog mode.

ATbound
01-18-2008, 17:43
thanks for the info, guys, that's exactly what I was wondering.