PDA

View Full Version : North Carolina MST

GrouchoMark
01-19-2008, 22:17
I have recently been hiking some sections on the western portion of the North Carolina Mountains to Sea Trail. This includes Grandfather mountain/Tanawha Trail, Harper Creek area, Stone mountain, Linville Gorge and Mount Mitchell. If anyone is looking for a great place to hike either for the day or a multiday trip, this would fit the bill. The trail maintainers have done a great job blazing the trail and the areas the trail passes through are among the most spectacular in the southeast.:D

Tennessee Viking
01-19-2008, 23:34
I have done a few sections on the MST. My favorite sections would have to be NC181 along Upper Creek, and Graggy Prong at Roseborough. Ripshin Ridge was a fun climb down, but when climbing up...I was tired. Up down up down up down.....

Then Graveyard Fields to Art Loeb was interesting.

I am just hoping they can get their relocations to trail side finished soon. But still some of their BRP road routes are still amazing for the overlook views.

Walessp
01-20-2008, 10:29
Groucho-

Let me know if you're looking for a shuttle or a hiking buddy. I've done about 200 miles of the MST, mostly in the central and eastern sections.

walessp

GrouchoMark
01-20-2008, 18:03
Thank you very much, hopefully I can get out some this spring and summer.

wrightsphoto
01-20-2008, 20:00
I've done quite a bit on the MST, very nice trails!
Great hiking with great views!