PDA

View Full Version : HH question

Patches
12-30-2003, 02:28
Hello
I'm a new registered user, but not new to the sight. I've been visiting for over a year. Love all the good information.
I have a question about the Hennessy Hammock. Is there a designated end for your head. I have a sleeping bag with a righthand zipper. I'm thinking I have a 50/50 chance of that being the on the entrance side of the HH. Am I right?

Thanks

ganj
12-30-2003, 03:26
Hey Patches,

If I understand your question correctly, you want to know which side the entrance is on? It is not on either the left or right side but rather the centerline of the hammock at one end. You crawl in and your head lies on the opposite end of the hammock. Getting in your sleeping bag takes effort, but you soon become a pro at it.

attroll
12-30-2003, 06:24
What ganj was trying to say is that the entrance to the hammock in on the underside in the middle at the foot end of the hammock. You have to enter the hammock from underneath. So I don't think it matters which side the zipper is on.

jlb2012
12-30-2003, 08:59
What ganj was trying to say is that the entrance to the hammock in on the underside in the middle at the foot end of the hammock. You have to enter the hammock from underneath. So I don't think it matters which side the zipper is on.

This is especially true because very often you will end up using the sleeping bag like a quilt and not bothering to zip it up past your legs. That is the way I use it these days in my HH.

bearbag hanger
12-30-2003, 09:14
Hello
I'm a new registered user, but not new to the sight. I've been visiting for over a year. Love all the good information.
I have a question about the Hennessy Hammock. Is there a designated end for your head. I have a sleeping bag with a righthand zipper. I'm thinking I have a 50/50 chance of that being the on the entrance side of the HH. Am I right?

Thanks

Like they say above, entrance is from the bottom, centered on the width of the hammock. The entrance is also considered the foot of the hammock. The zipper side should not matter. Additional information which might be helpful to you is that your feet will be to the right of the center line (while laying on your back in one of the Asym models) and your shoulders will be to the left of the center line.

Patches
12-31-2003, 01:54
Thankyou for all the replies. Wow, I never realized the entrance was in the center of the hammock. That changes everything. Hog on Ice, I've heard of using the bag as a quilt but it never made sense before. Thanks

Here in rocky PA, it seems like there is never enough flat ground to be found at the end of a day of hiking. But we do have trees.