PDA

View Full Version : Hiking buddies - near Philadelphia

ButterflyLover
01-23-2008, 22:54
Hi, I'm looking for hiking partners to do day hikes and eventually some overnighters. I'm game for anything south of PA 94 to Amicalola. I'm based near Philadelphia and have most Saturday's free. Between Pa 94 and SNP would be best for day hikes. Anything further south and I'd want to take a few days to get some miles in. I average about 3mph and don't mind if the dog/dogs come along. (the 4-legged versions....)

pedal
01-25-2008, 16:31
If you're in GA or NC south of Fontana, sometime, let me know. I might game for an overnighter or two- just depends on my travel schedule.

Sherri and the CookieDog

jhick
01-25-2008, 16:48
Are you interested in anything north of PA Section 3? I'm trying to finish NJ thru High Point and the rest of NE PA in the next few months.

ButterflyLover
01-26-2008, 22:08
Thanks, hopefully I'll get down there in the spring. I'll keep you in mind when I do.

ButterflyLover
01-26-2008, 22:14
Are you interested in anything north of PA Section 3? I'm trying to finish NJ thru High Point and the rest of NE PA in the next few months.
Hey Jersey, I've done Section 3, all I have left is Section 1 up North and then the 3 sections on the south end of PA. I planned/promised to do PA, NJ and NY with another hiking buddy. If you need someone to go up beyond that I'd be interested. What do you have left to do?

naturewanderer
01-28-2008, 08:23
I am looking to do all of PA and I haven't done any of the southern sections. I am planning to do some hiking this coming weekend ... rte 850 to Rte 225, but after that I don't have any big plans. I am probably a little slower than 3mph, depending on the terrain. Let me know.

Wonder
01-28-2008, 08:44
You are in a great area to met hikers......they are just all getting back fromt he ruck now.
I just moved to VA from West Chester.....having grown up in Delco.....and I never had any trouble at all finding AT folks to hike with........give them a few hours to shake the weekend, and I"m sure they will be lighting up this thread!

jhick
01-28-2008, 10:21
Hey Jersey, I've done Section 3, all I have left is Section 1 up North and then the 3 sections on the south end of PA. I planned/promised to do PA, NJ and NY with another hiking buddy. If you need someone to go up beyond that I'd be interested. What do you have left to do?

I have done all of section 3 and most of section 1, but very little of section 2. As far as NJ goes all of section 6. Sometime in the summer I will hopefully be getting up to Vermont and/or NH.

sly dog
01-28-2008, 11:06
I will be doing a bunch of PA this year. The only section i have done in PA is from the end of the cumberland valley to Duncannon so anywhere else in PA/NJ i will be doing this spring/summer on long weekends. Also i will be doing all of CT and mabye first part of VT.

Johnny Thunder
01-28-2008, 11:37
There's lots of active hikers in Philly. Hit them up on WB or just head to the Doyle on any Friday night and you'll find sectioneers. Unfortunatley, the days of my Philly-based escapes are drawing to a close.

Wonder
01-28-2008, 14:05
You movin'? I knew it! You felt the pull and are moving to Damascus!

Johnny Thunder
01-28-2008, 14:19
I've been told there's no gin to be had in Damascus.

Wonder
01-28-2008, 15:19
only bathtub......

rubyvermonter
01-29-2008, 13:08
I'm section-hiking, i.e., backpacking, and plan to backpack south from the Delaware Water Gap on Memorial Day week-end, continue further July 4th week-end and then for several weeks in August.

Ruby Vermonter

Del Q
01-29-2008, 21:05
Hi jerseyhick, we may just cross paths this year, ditto on route and goals, mine is from Lehigh Gap to New Hampshire, then South for a while.

Del Q