PDA

View Full Version : Happy New Year

COWBOY
12-31-2003, 09:23
Happy New Year All. I've really enjoyed this site and have learned a lot. Someone told me to "Take A Hike" so I am. Happy trails to all and may you reach all your goals where ever the trail takes you.

Chappy
12-31-2003, 11:52
Happy New Year All. I've really enjoyed this site and have learned a lot. Someone told me to "Take A Hike" so I am. Happy trails to all and may you reach all your goals where ever the trail takes you.

It's already the New Year here. Just got back from a church service where we said hello to 2004 and asked for peace on earth. May the New Year be kind to each of you!

Spokes
12-31-2003, 12:00
Best wishes for 2004 everyone. Was it just me or did 2003 just suck? Seems like we had our share of strife on a world, national, and local level. Of course I can only relate the events of the past year to climbing that long big incline...... there's got to be a downhill ahead! WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

illininagel
12-31-2003, 19:35

I second that! Happy New Year to all. I've really enjoyed the time I've spent on this site throughout 2003.

Hammock Hanger
12-31-2003, 19:54
Three strikes your out...

Well that means that 04 is a brand new inning.

Good Luck to all the 2004 thru hikers, may it be all you want it to be...

To all my alumni hikers and fellower WBlazer's may you find yourself out on the trail at one time or another this upcoming year.

Sue/HH:sun

MadAussieInLondon
12-31-2003, 20:05
just after midnight here in uk GMT0, and now this old geezer has seen in another year, its time for him to go to bed :)

many happy trails in the coming year for the rest of you lot!! chinese new year coming up soon too!

Mini-Mosey
01-01-2004, 02:04
Happy New Year to everyone!! It's 1 AM here. I watched the ball drop in Times Square on Dick Clark's Rockin' Eve(man, he's GOT to be in his 70's by now!) Hope this new year brings some peace and contentment to all.

Mike Drinkuth
01-01-2004, 18:20
This is my new years mantra as I prepare for a march thru-start...I wrote it while sitting on my roof today...

May I climb and smile
and tolerate rain
May I shrug off pain
and empty my brain
May I see and feel nature
from georgia
to maine

happy new year to all who read this.
I hope to see you on the trail.
-mike ;)

Trailjockey
01-02-2004, 02:39
There walks Mike,
northbound for Maine
Writing his thoughts
he put in refrain
Words to remind him
and help him attain
To the top of a mountain
one day he`ll reign
Stand on Katahdin,
the trail will be slain
There walks Mike,
northbound for Maine

Happy Trails, Good Luck and have a Happy New Year

Hammock Hanger
01-02-2004, 05:09
Very nice poems there guys.

Sue/HH

Mike Drinkuth
01-02-2004, 10:12
Oh that's so cool, trailjockey!!!! Thanks!!! Talk about making my day! :p

That's just the COOLEST, man! Now i'm all fired up!

Mini-Mosey
01-03-2004, 20:24
I agree....great poems!!