PDA

View Full Version : Parade of fools...one more time? Feb 2nd - Feb 4th

wrongway_08
01-25-2008, 16:29
Here is the game plan now:

1)Sat. Feb 2nd. Meet at Harpers Ferry, River and Trail Outfitters.
- Hike 10.5 miles to Crampton Gap Shelter
2)Sun. Feb 3rd.
- Hike 10.5 miles back to our cars at Harpers Ferry.

WHOS GOING:
- Wrongway and Hudson
- Doggiebag and Aldo.

<!-- / message -->

doggiebag
01-25-2008, 17:06
Put me down for a tentative. I'm sure I can get my boots on the ground for that weekend.

doggiebag
01-25-2008, 17:25
<OBJECT height=350 width=425>
<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_K1oAMtkH0s" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></OBJECT>

Here's the last day of our last trek NOBO from Rod Hollow to Bear's Den. I can't wait for next weekend.

wrongway_08
01-25-2008, 19:01
Editied to remove repeated post.

river1
01-25-2008, 22:10
Guys, if I can hook up with someone else coming from the North I will be there.. I gotta tell you though, I have been working out a little bit since our last hike and I am starting to get into hiking condition:).. Maybe you guys will let me lead for a little while this time..:p.. What do you say Sasquatch, you in...

What option you thinking of?

Whos going:
- Wrongway and Hudson (Hudson depends on weather...)
- Doggiebag and Aldo.

Come on, ante up...... you dont want to be the hiker posting "looks like you guys had a great time, wish I would have gone" after we gat back and you see the video doggiebag makes :)

wrongway_08
01-25-2008, 22:33
Sasquatch we can do the section North of Harpers Ferry, up to the spot we stopped last time, so you can get done 1 full state finally :)

Calling LastHonestFool - you going to jump on this one?

doggiebag
01-25-2008, 22:46
We need to be flexible in planning this thing ... if the weather turns to poo 40 miles in 3 days is quite ambitious. But I'm ready for anything. Just letting my concerns be known. I'll have Bunny on standby - unless she's pissed at me.

river1
01-26-2008, 12:59
Guys, I lost my mind here:eek:, I can not make this trip.. The Superbowl is on Sunday and I ain't gonna miss the Giants:) whippin up on them Patriots:p.. Maybe next time.. Wait a minute, Maybe doggiebag can get the game on that space shuttle watch thing he has, if that is the case I will be there and sherpa in the wings and the beer:D..

Guys, if I can hook up with someone else coming from the North I will be there.. I gotta tell you though, I have been working out a little bit since our last hike and I am starting to get into hiking condition:).. Maybe you guys will let me lead for a little while this time..:p.. What do you say Sasquatch, you in...

Tinker
01-26-2008, 13:13
Wrongway, I would love to go hiking anywhere right now, but am totally broke, and I'm teaching a beginner cross country ski class with the AMC on that weekend. I may even miss the Superbowl :0

doggiebag
01-26-2008, 13:24
Wrongway,

Let's make this a Saturday and Sunday thing. We can get back to Harpers Ferry on Monday and we'll hang out at the ATC - where they have a high speed internet connection we could use. I'll show you how to fix your lame/non-working trailjournals page. Sorry for being blunt but your dead page sucks and I don't feel like hiking 22 miles on the last day. You'll have plenty of that hell soon enough. Regards. Ps - bring your camera's transfer cable.

wrongway_08
01-26-2008, 18:42
I just got the account up, put on 2 photos today.

wrongway_08
01-26-2008, 18:46
Just tape it, then you can rewatch the Giants loose over and over and over.......:D

Hiking is better for ya.

Guys, I lost my mind here:eek:, I can not make this trip.. The Superbowl is on Sunday and I ain't gonna miss the Giants:) whippin up on them Patriots:p.. Maybe next time.. Wait a minute, Maybe doggiebag can get the game on that space shuttle watch thing he has, if that is the case I will be there and sherpa in the wings and the beer:D..

fonsie
01-27-2008, 09:40
well count me in I'll take sunday Night off from work I think doing the option C would be nice...I plan on heading out that way Thursday morning to break in these boots a little. I am packing realy light for this one and Md is realy flat so lets do this. I dont give a **** about the super bowl anyhow.

wrongway_08
01-27-2008, 14:42
1)Sat. Feb 2nd. Meet at Harpers Ferry, River and Trail Outfitters. Drop off 1 or 2 cars here, then travel North up to the parking area for Ensign Cowall Shelter. We would start from this parking lot and hike South 8 miles to Pine Knob Shelter.
2)Sun. Feb 3rd, Hike 12.5 miles to Crampton Gap Shelter.
3)Mon. Feb 4th, Hike 10.5 miles back to our cars at Harpers Ferry, River and Trail Outfitters.

WHOS GOING:
- Doggiebag and Aldo.
- Fonsie

doggiebag
01-27-2008, 15:21
1)Sat. Feb 2nd. Meet at Harpers Ferry, River and Trail Outfitters. Drop off 1 or 2 cars here, then travel North up to the parking area for Ensign Cowall Shelter. We would start from this parking lot and hike South 8 miles to Pine Knob Shelter.
3)Mon. Feb 4th, Hike 10.5 miles back to our cars at Harpers Ferry, River and Trail Outfitters.

WHOS GOING:
- Doggiebag and Aldo.
- Fonsie

This one sounds doable - without too much strain on our parts.

doggiebag
01-27-2008, 16:03
I just got the account up, put on 2 photos today.
You need at least 3 entries for the journal to be live. Git.

fonsie
01-27-2008, 18:16
cant wait hope these new boots I got work went with the Asolo's. I waterproofed the living **** out of them and I been walking around in them to break them in.

wrongway_08
01-27-2008, 18:48
I am hoping my New Balance come in this week, I will be breaking them in on the hike but it beats my current boots, they have:
- 2 holes burnt through the side of one boot.
- The sole "support" are melted about 25% on the one boot.
- The other boot also has a hole burnt half way through - from the inside out.
- The heel portion that touches the back of your foot, on both boots are distorted (from heat is my guess....:D......:rolleyes:)

I think there will be less hot spots from the new boots, then wearing my current pair! :)

doggiebag
01-27-2008, 19:17
I am hoping my New Balance come in this week, I will be breaking them in on the hike but it beats my current boots, they have:
- 2 holes burnt through the side of one boot.
- The sole "support" are melted about 25% on the one boot.
- The other boot also has a hole burnt half way through - from the inside out.
- The heel portion that touches the back of your foot, on both boots are distorted (from heat is my guess....:D......:rolleyes:)

I think there will be less hot spots from the new boots, then wearing my current pair! :)

Until you learn that roasting your shoes is not a good way to start the day ... I am at a loss for words. That is the most damage I've seen put on a pair of boots in such a short period of time. Good thing you got you're money's worth. That's why I wear leather Asolos. A good coat of silicone keeps them quite dry and breathable.

wrongway_08
01-27-2008, 20:46
Until you learn that roasting your shoes is not a good way to start the day ... I am at a loss for words. That is the most damage I've seen put on a pair of boots in such a short period of time. Good thing you got you're money's worth. That's why I wear leather Asolos. A good coat of silicone keeps them quite dry and breathable.

I am glad you were able to be there for all of the damage at each stage of the destruction..:cool:.

2 years on those boots... ahhh.. good times! Maybe I'll bring them along on this trip and we can properly burn them the rest of the way, a fitting end for them boots :).

doggiebag
01-29-2008, 18:16
Everyone still good for this trip?

wrongway_08
01-29-2008, 18:19
I am. Got everything but my new shoes..... might have to go barefoot!

doggiebag
01-29-2008, 18:26
That's an idea. Shoot it's only a 31 miler - no need for anything fancy. Just grab some old sneakers. Though you're pretty close to your March 1st start date ... I hope you finalize your foot wear decision by then.

wrongway_08
01-29-2008, 18:27
No worries, everthing will fall into plae :)

Tinker
01-30-2008, 00:37
Hey, Wrongway.

You'll have half of the AT done in sections before your thru. Hope it won't be anticlimactic! :)

fonsie
01-30-2008, 11:35
Im a go, where are we meeting sat morning? sat, sun, and mon the temps are 50 during the day and 30's at night with no rain...Im a be out there thursday and friday, but this weekand will be sweet.

wrongway_08
01-30-2008, 17:29

WHOS GOING:
- Doggiebag and Aldo.
- Fonsie
<!-- / message -->

fonsie
01-31-2008, 16:16
Can't make it, I have to work Sunday Night and my sister is getting surgury done tomorrow. So i got her kids .

wrongway_08
01-31-2008, 17:54
That sucks, Doggiebag, wanna change this to a out and back from Harpers Ferry? We could make it a Sat.Sun trip this time. Oops, forgot we still have 2 vehicles.... just let me know ......

doggiebag
01-31-2008, 18:08
2 days is perfect. I got that job starting on the 11th anyway. Saturday and Sunday sounds good.

wrongway_08
01-31-2008, 18:42
Awsome! you got the Job, that is great!!! :sun

:D** Hudson throws a high-five your way **:D

Oh yea, the two days will work. :)

wrongway_08
01-31-2008, 18:45
1)Sat. Feb 2nd, 10 am meet at Harpers Ferry, River and trail outfitters.

River & Trail Outfitters
604 Valley Road
Knoxville, MD 21758
Phone: 888- i go play (446-7529)

- Hike 10.5 miles to Crampton Gap Shelter
2)Sunday, hike back 10.5 miles to the cars at River and Trail outfitters.

WHOS GOING:
- Wrongway and Hudson
- Doggiebag and Aldo

doggiebag
01-31-2008, 19:32
Can't make it, I have to work Sunday Night and my sister is getting surgury done tomorrow. So i got her kids .

WHAAAA!

doggiebag
01-31-2008, 19:35
Awsome! you got the Job, that is great!!! :sun

:D** Hudson throws a high-five your way **:D

Oh yea, the two days will work. :)

Thanks for the kudos, bro - it's gonna be a wild ride. Give Hudson a high five from me as well. :D

wrongway_08
01-31-2008, 19:37
Oh damn, thought you bailed - just read ...."cant make it...." , I was about to go..........WHAAAAAAAAAA :)

My guess, Fonsie couldnt decide which stove to bring and got frustrated....:D :banana

Sorry Fonsie...... you knew it would come to this buddie.....:sun

doggiebag
01-31-2008, 19:39
I've seen squirrels with bigger balls than Fonsie. What a wuss.
http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/atlas_shrugs/images/squirrel_nuts_1.jpg

wrongway_08
01-31-2008, 19:42
Thats funny poo there, again - sorry Fonsie......... :)

fonsie
02-01-2008, 01:51
My sister is going to get some stones removed from her gall blader tomorrow so I got her kids. Hey my pack is packed I just got hit with the "I dont have a baby sitter" then she brings up she drove out to rt 50 to get me.
I tell you what I can meet you all out there at Crampton gap Saturday Night, and hike with you guys Sunday. I figure I can get to Harpers ferry about 4 and get out to crampton about 8...then hike back sunday . I did that hike a few weeks ago took me about 4 hours to get to crampton gap from Harpers ferry.

fonsie
02-01-2008, 02:00
If you want to do a hike next weekand I figure im getting out there some time about 3pm on thurs. O I only had one stove packed.

wrongway_08
02-01-2008, 21:43
Got my new balance 908's today :)

Going to break them in this weekend!!

doggiebag
02-02-2008, 11:30
Just got a call from Wrongway ... ooops! I thought this thing was for next weekend. I screwed up. Oh well - he needs some solo hiking time anyway. My bag :eek::eek::eek:

doggiebag
02-02-2008, 11:52
My sincere apologies for missing the rally. To make up for it ... I'm offering you my services as your transcriber in Trailjournals for your thru-hike - if you wish. Think about it - it'll just be a matter of logistics with getting files from you either through the mail or electronically. I promise to keep it as accurate as I deem neccesary :D! Now give me your password!

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Kusgr5z-RFw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></OBJECT>

wrongway_08
02-02-2008, 16:35
No worries Doggiebag, it was probably better that you screwed things up :) :D :p .

I have large bruises on both my calfs, both thighs - inner/outer, innere/outter arms and I am having trouble chewing food from the jaw "strikes". All this is from 'on the job training' recieved yesterday at work. Plus I messed up my kneecap a little - nothing major but my knee stuck to the mat 2 times when doing the traing, hurts when twisting my leg.

Parade of fools, really lived up to its name this time :D :banana........no real hike needed this time!

As you can tell, I ended up taking Hudson for a long hike and then heading home. Time to let it all heal.

doggiebag
02-02-2008, 16:55
Sounds like they really love you at work :D. I'm probably heading out tomorrow for a little day hike to get some footage of the trail. They've got this contest at Nature Valley Foods ... Free trip to the North Pole and Antarctic for the best "where's your nature valley video" - silly stuff but I've got nothing better to do. I'm sure I'll use some clips off our last trip for my submission. It'll be cheesy but ... oh well.

wrongway_08
02-02-2008, 17:28
Good luck on the contest. That'll be cool if you win it.

This is why I need 6 months off from work - to heal up!!! What better way to heal up then a thru-hike? :)

doggiebag
02-02-2008, 17:32
Get any good pics today?

wrongway_08
02-02-2008, 17:46
Na, I was tryn to get photos of the dog on the rocks but he kept moving, think I got 3 or 4 photos total. Just the usual photos from Harpers Ferry, water over look - big rock above church - down by the canal shot and I think one by the water (Hudson went swimming a little - crazy bastard, it cold !!!!)

tazie
02-02-2008, 20:08
I did an out-n-back to Crampton Gap/Weverton Cliffs today, was looking for you guys...well truthfully, for Aldo and Hudson;). I had doggie treats in my pack for them. Next time let them do the planning and driving. :D

doggiebag
02-02-2008, 20:17
I did an out-n-back to Crampton Gap/Weverton Cliffs today, was looking for you guys...well truthfully, for Aldo and Hudson;). I had doggie treats in my pack for them. Next time let them do the planning and driving. :D
Sorry Tazie ... I don't know what happened today :confused: ... it was a great day though. Next time Aldo get's to verify my trip schedule. To include the planning.

wrongway_08
02-02-2008, 20:39
2 days is perfect. I got that job starting on the 11th anyway. Saturday and Sunday sounds good.

Now this post makes sense to me, couldnt figure out why it would take a full week to get ready for a job :D :p

fonsie
02-03-2008, 15:51
That sucks you 2 didnt make it. I hiked from Harpers ferry to cramton gap yesterday, and then back today. It was a great hike, did a real ultralite pack wieghed 23lbs with food and water. Coming back was evan lighter. I ran out of water the last 2 miles so I hald ass. There was alot of people out on the trail this weekand. I tried to call wrong way yesterday to see if you guys made it out.

doggiebag
02-08-2008, 01:24
<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Kusgr5z-RFw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></OBJECT>
You may find yourself living in a shotgun shack ...

DAKS
02-08-2008, 08:56
great video max! good luck to you wrongway!!!