PDA

View Full Version : Waynesboro

Wombat
01-01-2004, 21:42
Catching bus in from Washington DC to Waynesboro. Where is the best/cheapest place to stay? (Comfort Inn?) Who and Where is the Outfitter? What time do things open? Any recommondations on Shuttle Services to the Trailhead for SNP? (Al's Radio Cabs?)

MOWGLI
01-01-2004, 22:59
Catching bus in from Washington DC to Waynesboro. Where is the best/cheapest place to stay? (Comfort Inn?) Who and Where is the Outfitter? What time do things open? Any recommondations on Shuttle Services to the Trailhead for SNP? (Al's Radio Cabs?)

Rockfish Gap Outfitters is on the road from downtown Waynesboro and Rockfish Gap (trailhead). It is much closer to Waynesboro than the trailhead. Here's their website
http://www.rockfishgapoutfitters.com/

The outfitter can probably tell you the best shuttle service. I can't help you with accomodations. I stayed at the YMCA for free during my thru-hike.

Have a nice hike.

screwysquirrel
01-02-2004, 02:53
Go for the Comfort Inn. Was there last year in April. Close to the eats and stores. Plus also the shuttle people find it easier.

Hammock Hanger
01-02-2004, 05:07
You may not need to pay a shuttle service. Waynesboro is a pretty easy place to get a hitch.

When I was hiking thru in 2002 the was actually an article in the local paper requesting that townfolk help out the hikers with lifts.

Sue/HH

Peaks
01-02-2004, 09:33
There is a list of volunteers who do shuttles between Waynesboro and Rockfish Gap. Coming into town, I saw it at the last shelter before Rockfish Gap, and again at the tourist information center in Rockfish Gap.

Very nice service to offer. Thank you Waynesboro.