PDA

View Full Version : Bartram Trail

Phreak
01-27-2008, 21:33
I'm headed out to hike the Bartram Trail in mid-Feb or early-March. Planning on 5-7 days.

If anyone is interested, drop me an email: brian (at) hikes247 (dot) com.

Bulldawg
01-27-2008, 21:37
I'm headed out to hike the Bartram Trail in mid-Feb or early-March. Planning on 5-7 days.

If anyone is interested, drop me an email: brian (at) hikes247 (dot) com.

Dooo, saw the thread and thought, man I'd like a little Bartram action, but not 5-7 days worth!!

Good luck!!

Phreak
01-27-2008, 21:49
Dooo, saw the thread and thought, man I'd like a little Bartram action, but not 5-7 days worth!!

Good luck!!

You're welcome to join us for a section hike. I'm planning on hiking the entire trail - GA & NC. It'll be me and my dog Suzi.

Roots
01-28-2008, 01:10
Who is us? When exactly?

Phreak
01-28-2008, 17:05
Who is us? When exactly?

Us = me and my dog Suzi. I'm hoping to figure out the exact dates sometime this week. I'm hoping to get out sometime in the next 2-3 weeks for this trip.

Nightwalker
01-29-2008, 15:28
You're welcome to join us for a section hike. I'm planning on hiking the entire trail - GA & NC. It'll be me and my dog Suzi.

If you don't leave from Oconee State Park, you haven't hiked the whole Bartram! Here (http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/vbg/showimage.php?i=13908&catid=member&imageuser=1641) is the first sign, 1.4 miles into the Foothills Trail.

From OSP, you go ~8 miles on the Foothills and Bartram to where Pigpen and Licklog Creek join at Pigpen (I think) Falls, just up from the Chattooga. At that point, the Chattooga Tail and the Bartram go left and towards the 28 bridge (~3 miles). The Chattooga and Foothills go right, towards Burrell's Ford (~8 miles).

Besides everything else, the trailhead inside OSP is an extremely safe place to leave your car. :)

Nearly Normal
01-29-2008, 16:03
If you don't leave from Oconee State Park, you haven't hiked the whole Bartram! Here (http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/vbg/showimage.php?i=13908&catid=member&imageuser=1641) is the first sign, 1.4 miles into the Foothills Trail.

From OSP, you go ~8 miles on the Foothills and Bartram to where Pigpen and Licklog Creek join at Pigpen (I think) Falls, just up from the Chattooga. At that point, the Chattooga Tail and the Bartram go left and towards the 28 bridge (~3 miles). The Chattooga and Foothills go right, towards Burrell's Ford (~8 miles).

Besides everything else, the trailhead inside OSP is an extremely safe place to leave your car. :)

I'd rather finish there for the parking and showers.