PDA

View Full Version : They don't close the Max Patch road, do they?

MyFeetHurt
01-28-2008, 21:26
Hey all, planning a weekend hike from Davenport Gap to Max Patch n a few weeks. A guy coming along mentioned something about someone at REI telling him they may close the area in the winter. I've only been to Max Patch once, during my hike. But I seem to remember that road being at the bottom of the patch, and it didn't seem like the kind of high and winding road they;d shut down. Anyone know any different?

The Solemates
01-29-2008, 13:31
Hey all, planning a weekend hike from Davenport Gap to Max Patch n a few weeks. A guy coming along mentioned something about someone at REI telling him they may close the area in the winter. I've only been to Max Patch once, during my hike. But I seem to remember that road being at the bottom of the patch, and it didn't seem like the kind of high and winding road they;d shut down. Anyone know any different?

I'm not certain, but I'm pretty sure they do not close that road. I've been up it when there was a good 8 inches on the road and it wasn't shut down then.

Gray Blazer
01-29-2008, 13:37
They have gates down by Harmon Den access road. You may have to come in from the Del Rio side. I really don't know.