PDA

View Full Version : coyote 4750 or trekker 3950

scscout
01-30-2008, 14:29
I'm looking for a pack for my son and I. We will be backpacking with the Boy Scouts, mostly on weekend trips. We will be sharing the load for the weekend. I"m wondering if anyone has experience with either of these packs and can offer suggestions?

Hooch
01-30-2008, 14:38
I'm looking for a pack for my son and I. We will be backpacking with the Boy Scouts, mostly on weekend trips. We will be sharing the load for the weekend. I"m wondering if anyone has experience with either of these packs and can offer suggestions?Holy cow, what is with the "what backpack is right?" threads today? :D I wouldn't go to an outfitter with a preconceived notion of what backpack you want to buy, because it very well may not be the right pack for you. As I told someone else, my advice unto thee would be to take thyself to a reputable outfitter along with the gear that you plan on stuffing into the pack. Have them measure your torso and talk to them about what you're going to use your pack for. Listen to their suggestions and try packs from there. Don't buy a pack because it fits you from a torso length perspective. Stuff it with 30 lbs or so of your gear and walk around the store in it. Make sure it's comfortable. If you have an REI near you, go to them. Most of their stores rent packs. Se if they have the pack you like and rent it for a weekend to see how it works for you. Just make sure you go to a reputable, knowledgeable outfitter whose staff have the experise to make sure you have the right pack for you.