PDA

View Full Version : REI shipping problems

zoidfu
01-31-2008, 09:43
3 times in the past two months I've made online purchases from REI.com. I've ordered multiple items each purchase and each time they-

1. Sent my items in separate shipments. I understand with iso canisters. I don't know the laws about shipping fuel but I could see why they might ship those separately.

2. The separate shipments arrived on different days as much as 9 days apart even though they were from the same address.

3. They use both the U.S.P.S. and U.P.S on said separate shipments which probably caused problem 2.

Even when I'd order two of the same freakin' thing, they'd send them in two different boxes with two different shippers which of course showed up on different days

4. They'd take 2 days to even pack my order and send it out from the time of purchase.

Are these their standard practices? If they are, I'm never buying from them again.

Hooch
01-31-2008, 09:47
In my experience, if you need something fast, REI.com isn't the best place to order from unless you choose overnight shipping and call ahead to make sure your item(s) are in stock. That said, I've never had a problem with getting the items I ordered in separate shipments. Usually, my order is in hand within 5 days or so. If I need something fairly quick, I go with Campmor if my local outfitter doesn't have it.

rafe
01-31-2008, 09:48
Order from Campmor if you want it fast. They're amazing.

Lone Wolf
01-31-2008, 09:49
yeah. Campmor is lot better than REI

Hooch
01-31-2008, 09:55
Moosejaw provides pretty quick service, too, but is a little pricey for my budget. I order from them pretty much only as a last resort.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
01-31-2008, 10:02
Another vote for Campmor for on-line / mail order gear - REI is slow getting things out of the warehouse and, as you note, often ships from different locations.

zoidfu
01-31-2008, 10:05
Campmor it is!

Footslogger
01-31-2008, 10:09
3 times in the past two months I've made online purchases from REI.com. I've ordered multiple items each purchase and each time they-

1. Sent my items in separate shipments. I understand with iso canisters. I don't know the laws about shipping fuel but I could see why they might ship those separately.

2. The separate shipments arrived on different days as much as 9 days apart even though they were from the same address.

3. They use both the U.S.P.S. and U.P.S on said separate shipments which probably caused problem 2.

Even when I'd order two of the same freakin' thing, they'd send them in two different boxes with two different shippers which of course showed up on different days

4. They'd take 2 days to even pack my order and send it out from the time of purchase.

Are these their standard practices? If they are, I'm never buying from them again.

==============================================

Might be the specific items ??? Might be your location ??? ...dunno, but I ordered a lot of stuff as gifts and for personal use going into Xmas and got it all - same shipment - no delays. I just ordered an item (windpro fleece glove-mitts) and got them 4 - 5 days later.

'Slogger

Roots
01-31-2008, 10:11
Order from Campmor if you want it fast. They're amazing.
REI is a great store with shipping that SUX!!!! We love Campmor. Awesome shipping. Sierra Trading Post isn't bad either. You have to order from REI 2 weeks before you want something.:(

Hooch
01-31-2008, 10:14
I'm looking forward to my move to Charlotte this spring. REI will be just a few minutes away and I can have anything I order online delivered to the store for free! Gotta love that, as long as you order far enough ahead of time.

Grandma
01-31-2008, 10:15
If you don't have an REI close to you, then you are better off ordering from someone else. Campmor is the best, I think. EMS, Alltrec, Sierra are good, but not as fast as Campmor. If you live in the East, then Campmor is the way to order.

Bearpaw
01-31-2008, 10:16
I would wager the reason you got stuff on such different dates is the standup of the east coast distribution center. It's only been up for 3 or months and won't be in full swing until late this summer. I would wager the first shipment was stuff from the new Pennsylvania DC. The much later shipment was likely from the Washington state DC. (Why? Because the PA DC isn't in full operation and didn't have all your items.) This time of year, getting stuff over the mountain passes in the Cascades and Rockies can be tricky, so I'm not surprised it would take an extra nine days. By this summer, you should have very quick service.

Will it be any quicker than stuff from Campmor next door in Jersey? Depends on which part of the state you're in. I would look for who has the best deal before ordering. Often, that means Campmor even with your 10% return for REI items. Just keep both in mind.

zoidfu
01-31-2008, 10:16
==============================================

Might be the specific items ??? Might be your location ??? ...dunno, but I ordered a lot of stuff as gifts and for personal use going into Xmas and got it all - same shipment - no delays. I just ordered an item (windpro fleece glove-mitts) and got them 4 - 5 days later.

'Slogger

Clothing for my girlfriend, headlamps, balaclavas, those pink nalgenes she had to have, a down jacket... stuff like that. I don't know why they would have to do what they did. I'm glad one of us had a good experience.

Footslogger
01-31-2008, 10:17
Wow ...so many unhappy REI on-line customers !! Guess my experience is unique.

I've ordered on-line from Campmor, EMS, MEC and REI and have had excellent experience with all of them.

'Slogger

zoidfu
01-31-2008, 10:18

I've ordered on-line from Campmor, EMS, MEC and REI and have had excellent experience with all of them.

'Slogger

Do you think I could have my stuff sent to you and have you forward it to me?;) You've got the magic mailbox, apparently.

Bearpaw
01-31-2008, 10:19

'Slogger

Footslogger, for you in Wyoming, all your stuff came from Washington. Most of the folks here on WB tend to be east coast and it means longer shipping from Washington PLUS some growing pains while the Pennsylvania DC gets into full swing growth.

Grandma
01-31-2008, 10:20
I'm looking forward to my move to Charlotte this spring. REI will be just a few minutes away and I can have anything I order online delivered to the store for free! Gotta love that, as long as you order far enough ahead of time.
True, free is nice, but it takes weeks. I ordered a pair of Leki's from the outlet, and it took a long time for them to come in. But, it is free.

Toolshed
01-31-2008, 10:23
I agree about Campmor. I am about a 2 hour drive from the store and about a 1 hour drivefrom REI Conshohocken. I prefer Campmor - In fact i usually order something and have it next day - all for $6.

With REI, it has to come out of Kent, WA or wherever and I know if I order Ground, my order won't even get fulfilled for a day or two as the stockpickers are busy fulfilling eveybody who didn't order by the cheapest slow boat to china. (No offense to Chinese hikers :eek:).

So if I really need something from REI, I have it shipped to the store and then drive the diesel down (48 MPG) to pick it up. Even then it takes over a week to get it into the store. What I really like about REI is their return policy. Otherwise I will stick to Campmor for almost everything.

~~~~~~Most important thought for a catalogue marketer~~~~~~
I also like that campmor doesn't dazzle you with the glitzy "LL Bean-like" catalog. Gimme a small catalogue I can stuff into my pocket and take to the john with me and I am apt to buy more stuff from you!!!!!!

Hooch
01-31-2008, 10:23

'SloggerNever ordered from EMS, but have never really found anyhting there to fload my boat. Anyone had any experiences with Campsaver? They seem to have good prices, but was wondering about shipping/customer service.

Mrs Baggins
01-31-2008, 10:24

I always went into the stores when I lived near them but now the nearest one is 3 hours away so I went on-line and ordered 2 things. I got an email telling me my credit card wasn't valid and to call them. Before I could call, they called me and told me that my bank Visa debit card was not valid because the billing address I gave them did not match the billing address the bank had. I was livid because that card had had the correct address for MONTHS and I'd done ALL of my Christmas shopping on-line with several different merchants - not to mention my Amazon and Paypal accounts. No one had refused my card. They had me talk to someone in "loss prevention" (criminal fraud) who said I had to GO to my bank and clear it up. I went and my bank had no idea what they were talking about, so the person there just deleted my ACCURATE address, and re-entered it. Nothing changed about it and suddenly REI said it was fine. :mad:

Hooch
01-31-2008, 10:25
~~~~~~Most important thought for a catalogue marketer~~~~~~
I also like that campmor doesn't dazzle you with the glitzy "LL Bean-like" catalog. Gimme a small catalogue I can stuff into my pocket and take to the john with me and I am apt to buy more stuff from you!!!!!!Couldn't agree more, that's where I keep mine. :eek::D

Bearpaw
01-31-2008, 10:26
True, free is nice, but it takes weeks. I ordered a pair of Leki's from the outlet, and it took a long time for them to come in. But, it is free.

It takes as long as the regular delivery truck takes plus the amount of time to process your order at the DC. When you order, the order hits the DC. Then they place it to ship with the store's regular delivery truck. The load sits until a truck gets there, then goes to your store.

Here in Tennessee, this usually means about a week and a half. If there is a big backlog, it might mean 2 1/2 weeks. Since I live near an REI, (and go in to work there once or twice every couple or three weeks - I'm what you would call VERY part-time), it's convenient. When I move to the Knoxville area this summer, I'll look more toward local outfitters and Campmor as well as REI.com.

Alligator
01-31-2008, 10:28
I've had slow shipping from them too. But as mentioned you have to consider that they are on the west coast, so factor in your location. I've tracked several packages from them and I can't remember any coming from anywhere else, so I can see the longer ship time.

Currently though, I am waiting on a bike pump that I returned right after Christmas. I called about a week ago and it's still not here. I added some of those stormproof matches they sell to my order and they sent them separate. It wasn't a small box they sent them in either:datz:rolleyes:. I understand the matches probably needed to go ground, but how about just putting them together:confused:?

Hooch
01-31-2008, 10:32
When I move to the Knoxville area this summer, I'll look more toward local outfitters and Campmor as well as REI.com.Bearpaw, I'm not sure how the Knoxville store is, but Mast Store Outfitters (http://www.mastgeneralstore.com/locationskv.php3) in Valle Cucis, NC is very nice. I'd say that the Knoxville location may be at least worth checking out when you get there.

gungho
01-31-2008, 10:44
What is frustrating is everytime I order from REI,it shows that it ships right out when I start tracking the order. Then it sits in greensboro for about a week. Most of the time when I do order something,I just choose the standard shipping(unless it is something that is needed right away for an upcoming trip). All I know is I cannot wait until They finally build the one in the asheville area and all problems will be solved.:)

Rain Man
01-31-2008, 10:52
I've been an REI member for about 30 years and have always had good experiences. I guess I just don't expect near-same-day service when I order from a place so far away.

Besides, when I call REI, I get someone knowledgeable, sometimes even the guy who will be doing the work on my stove when I send it in once a decade for service. Can't beat that!!!

That has been my experience.

Rain:sunMan

Footslogger
01-31-2008, 10:58
Do you think I could have my stuff sent to you and have you forward it to me?;) You've got the magic mailbox, apparently.

==============================

Absolutely ...but there would be an extra charge for shipping and handling (LOL)

'Slogger

SmokyMtn Hiker
01-31-2008, 11:01
Campmor gets my vote, but also have never ordered from REI. It seems that everthing I have needed to order Campmor has a better price and they are super fast at shipping.

Skyline
01-31-2008, 11:14
I'll always give the small, local brick-and-mortar outfitters (five within easy drive) first chance. If at least one has what I need at a reasonable price, that's where I'll buy. Beyond that it's Campmor for gear, Mary Jane's for trail food.

Haven't had much luck with Sierra Trading Post--when I call to order something in a catalog I got that day, they're often out of stock. Guess that's the way it is with closeouts.

With only two exceptions (below) I gave up on REI and REI.com years ago. A once-great enterprise has gone in the dumper IMHO. About the only thing they sell that I can't seem to find elsewhere are the Easton tent stakes with loops, and their own branded waterproof, windproof matches which are awesome.

AlwaysHiking
01-31-2008, 11:25
Campmor, Backcountry and Sierra Trading Post all ship very fast.

REI is very slow, but if they carry something I want and the price is comparable (usually actually get it much cheaper with their frequent promos) I order from them because they have the 100% satisfaction. I have returned things after giving them a beating on trail that most other places would laugh at me for attempting to return. Their online live help sucks but if you call their customer service, those people are usually very helpful.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
01-31-2008, 11:28
As Rain Man says, REI is the best when it comes to customer service. However, if you need a piece of equipment fast, it isn't a good choice.

Skyline brings out a good point - use your local outfitters as much as possible. The prices are often comparable with mail order due to the shipping costs. I do this, but what my 3 local outfitters carry is somewhat limited - I'm not a fan of Patagucci or Northface or the newer Go-Lite and probably 80% of the clothing are those brands. One has Royal Robbins and two have Mountain Hardware. As for tents - unless I wanted an MSR or BA, I'd be SOL. For hammocks, ENO is the only option. A lot of the best UL stuff isn't available there.

Hooch
01-31-2008, 11:38
As Rain Man says, REI is the best when it comes to customer service. However, if you need a piece of equipment fast, it isn't a good choice.

Skyline brings out a good point - use your local outfitters as much as possible. The prices are often comparable with mail order due to the shipping costs. I do this, but what my 3 local outfitters carry is somewhat limited - I'm not a fan of Patagucci or Northface or the newer Go-Lite and probably 80% of the clothing are those brands. One has Royal Robbins and two have Mountain Hardware. As for tents - unless I wanted an MSR or BA, I'd be SOL. For hammocks, ENO is the only option. A lot of the best UL stuff isn't available there.
I'm with you on that one. I try to hit my local outfitter for everything I can and go to the web when I have to. My only exception is in hiking clothing. I'm, as Doc says, a big fan of the REI brand of gear. I like their Sahara series for hike clothing, so will buy it online or when I'm in Charlotte for something.

Alligator
01-31-2008, 11:40
Campmor, Backcountry and Sierra Trading Post all ship very fast.

REI is very slow, but if they carry something I want and the price is comparable (usually actually get it much cheaper with their frequent promos) I order from them because they have the 100% satisfaction. I have returned things after giving them a beating on trail that most other places would laugh at me for attempting to return. Their online live help sucks but if you call their customer service, those people are usually very helpful.In the past for me STP was the same or slower than REI in shipping. But I did place an order after Christmas this year and it was here quickly.

REI's customer service (telephone) has always been very good and the 100% guarantee is great to have too.

I just noticed recently Backcountry also has the 100% guarantee. I bought a pair of winter boots from them for that reason as boots can be difficult to get fit for me. Without the guarantee I would not have purchased them.

brotheral
01-31-2008, 12:00
I haven't had any experience with REI. I've placed several on-line orders with Campmor and Sierra Trading. Both gave me excellent service and great deals too !!
Happy Trails:welcome

rafe
01-31-2008, 12:08
A short story in defense of REI... this summer I spent probably 20 minutes or more on the phone with some very friendly woman at REI, trying to figure out the best way to get hold of a new filter cartridge. I was calling from my cell phone at the Doyle, looking at maps and guides... trying to match their shipping schedules and methods with my expected itinerary. The woman was friendly and helpful, and amazingly, the filter arrived at the post office at South Mountain PA about an hour before I did.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
01-31-2008, 12:32
I'm with you on that one. ....hiking clothing. I'm, as Doc says, a big fan of the REI brand of gear. I like their Sahara series for hike clothing, so will buy it online or when I'm in Charlotte for something.Both REI and Campmor sell larger sizes in their women's line. I buy all of my 'official' brand hiking pants from Campmor because of that. (I hike in nylon running shorts from Target in the summer - also because I can get my size)

Hooch
01-31-2008, 12:45
Rumor has it that they're looking at building another REI in Charlotte and one in the Asheville area. Can anyone confirm or deny thing? Anyone? Beuller? Beuller?

Roots
01-31-2008, 12:51
Rumor has it that they're looking at building another REI in Charlotte and one in the Asheville area. Can anyone confirm or deny thing? Anyone? Beuller? Beuller?

Yes they are building one in Asheville-slated for fall of '08 so we'll probably see it in '09:D

You're killing me, Ferris!!! :bse

Hooch
01-31-2008, 12:58
Yes they are building one in Asheville-slated for fall of '08 so we'll probably see it in '09:D Awesome, it'll beat getting stuff from them online or driving all the way to Charlotte. :D I'll keep my eye out for intel on the new Asheville store.

ki0eh
01-31-2008, 15:13
I haven't had what I would call a bad shipping experience from either REI or Campmor. Yes REI takes a little longer and once received multiple shipments. Have not received anything coming through REI's Bedford PA distribution center yet, but I also haven't ordered much in the last three months.

I did have a bad shade-of-green experience from Campmor, when a jacket I ordered for my mom was much more putrid than the online image. :mad:

One odd thing about REI.com is that it places the Mid State Trail map and guide set in the region of Hawaii and Alaska. :confused:

Blissful
01-31-2008, 15:31
We buy our pricier stuff for our outfitter in Waynesboro- Rockfish Gap Outfiters. Great guys who care about hikers. I bought my Gregory pack from them and the waist buckle had broken. He took a belt off their floor model and gave it to me so I didn't need the hassle of a return. But they will also do manufacturer warranty as well. If you go there, they have the news article of our hike up in the store. :)

But for online stuff, I like Campmor, Sierra Trading Post (just got Teva shoes from them), Backcountry.com and Runners Warehouse (for my Brooks trail runners). All great places with great return policies (though I think Campmor is still one year). As least for REI it has a good return policy.

Montego
01-31-2008, 16:05
No local outfitters that have hiking gear so it's online ordering only and Campmor is generaly the best I've found in both pricing and speed of shipping.

ki0eh
01-31-2008, 17:03
I do feel compelled to note that the OP (do I know you, by the way??) would have to pass http://wildwarebackcountry.com/ going from Middletown to the Peters Mountain Shelter - it's pretty hard to miss seeing their store next to I-83 on the east side of Harrisburg although a little harder to figure out how to actually drive there getting off I-83.

Or maybe parcel delivery is just better on my side of Allen Mountain. :D (Actually, we're on top, not much further from downtown Middletown than from downtown Hummelstown...)

Toolshed
01-31-2008, 17:06
Wouldn't waste my time at my local outfitter in Allentown PA. Always MSRP, Low selections, No sales unless closeouts or crap that no one wants.

Outdated maps and guidebooks that when you return the next day and explain that what you just paid full price for is teh old revision from 1997 and ask for the 2003 revision and they question you of motive like copying the book or map and then returning it.

Nope, I'd rather keep spending my money at Campmor - A place that ::gasp:: trusts people.

zoidfu
01-31-2008, 17:13
I do feel compelled to note that the OP (do I know you, by the way??) would have to pass http://wildwarebackcountry.com/ going from Middletown to the Peters Mountain Shelter - it's pretty hard to miss seeing their store next to I-83 on the east side of Harrisburg although a little harder to figure out how to actually drive there getting off I-83.

Or maybe parcel delivery is just better on my side of Allen Mountain. :D (Actually, we're on top, not much further from downtown Middletown than from downtown Hummelstown...)

I've had... problems with Wildware. Their "salesmen" don't seem to know what they're talking about especially as far as hammocks are concerned. I've always found their prices to be amazingly high and their selection to be a joke. I honestly don't know how the place stays in business.

I probably don't know you as I've been hiking with the same group of friends for years now. We're always looking for more people, though.

zoidfu
01-31-2008, 17:14
That said, I dig their Save Stony Creek bus:D

oruoja
01-31-2008, 17:18
I have been an REI member for 24 years and on average order twice a year from them and I can't recall ever having an unusual delay. Actually, up here in Vt now I order with standard USPO shipping and 90% of the time the item will arrive in two days. I guess that either I have been just plain lucky (like in 30+ years never having an airline lose my baggage) or that shipping to certain destinations just has more efficient routing. I have also found REIs customer service via phone to be pretty good as well.

ki0eh
02-01-2008, 08:50
I probably don't know you as I've been hiking with the same group of friends for years now. We're always looking for more people, though.

This group is always looking for more people too: http://www.satc-hike.org/ but they don't backpack so it would be nice to have others to head out with.

And if WW doesn't even have a pink Nalgene maybe it is time for a real REI store in Hbg. I think we can barely squeak into these requirements: http://www.rei.com/aboutrei/realestate.jsp

Dunno if you head north much, but Paintbrush and Blue Heron thru-hike class of '02 own this place: http://www.wildasaphoutfitters.com/ and they walk the talk as far as I can tell.

zoidfu
02-01-2008, 09:06
This group is always looking for more people too: http://www.satc-hike.org/ but they don't backpack so it would be nice to have others to head out with.

And if WW doesn't even have a pink Nalgene maybe it is time for a real REI store in Hbg. I think we can barely squeak into these requirements: http://www.rei.com/aboutrei/realestate.jsp

Dunno if you head north much, but Paintbrush and Blue Heron thru-hike class of '02 own this place: http://www.wildasaphoutfitters.com/ and they walk the talk as far as I can tell.

I like how your last link rents out equipment. This immediate area desperately needs something like that.

saimyoji
02-01-2008, 11:05
I just ordered some items from REI this morning. Usually I'd order from Campmor, but they didn't have the deals or items that REI had. I saw this thread again, then decided to call and ask a few questions. Turns out that one item will ship from the PA DC, the other from WA. Both are scheduled to arrive on the same day, about a week from now. Crazy, in this day and age that it takes a week for something to get to another location in the same state.
I asked if ship to store would be quicker....CS lady told me that the next scheduled delivery from PA DC to Conshohocken store is 2/12!! RIDICULOUS :eek:

Wouldn't waste my time at my local outfitter in Allentown PA. Always MSRP, Low selections, No sales unless closeouts or crap that no one wants.

Outdated maps and guidebooks that when you return the next day and explain that what you just paid full price for is teh old revision from 1997 and ask for the 2003 revision and they question you of motive like copying the book or map and then returning it.

Nope, I'd rather keep spending my money at Campmor - A place that ::gasp:: trusts people.

Exactly who is your local outfitter? Just to know how "local" you are. :cool:

ki0eh
02-01-2008, 11:27
Crazy, in this day and age that it takes a week for something to get to another location in the same state.

Same state? You must be joking. I think Arlen says he's a US Senator from 7 different states. :)

dmb658
02-02-2008, 22:47
Since i work at REI in customer service, i see a lot of what goes on with the online orders. One thing that i have noticed is that YES, REI may be slow at these orders, buuutt, that doesn't mean you've got rush shipping. These orders get sent to us on our resupply trucks from our distribution centers. PART of your order may come from PA while the other part from WA, so if we can get you part of your order to you quicker than the other part, were going to send it to you. So that might explain the gaps in the delivery process.

With that said, FREE shipping is free shipping and should you complain about it if you don't have to pay for it? If you do pay for standard shipping, you should expect it in about a week, because you never know where it is coming from, whether from across the country or just a few states away. What i've noticed recently, esp. during the winter, is that a lot of our trucks have been held up by winter storms in the rocky mountains.

One suggestion i may give you all is that if you need a certain product and it has not gotton to the store or to your house on time and you are leaving for some sort of trip, and you are near one of our stores, please give us a call, because we may have what you need in our store( or maybe some other retailer may have it) go GET that product, USE it and just return ours when you have the time, We would rather see you happy and getting outside rather than having a miserable experience at our expense.

starvingmusician
02-02-2008, 23:01
Ordered an item from REI Outlet on Wednesday, Jan. 30th. It was delivered by USPS on Friday, Feb. 1st. I did pay for standard shipping.

That said, I'm only about an hour from Bedford, PA -- I guess my order shipped from there.

fiddlehead
02-02-2008, 23:39
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." (from page 1 of this thread)Thanks for that awesome quote Mrs. Baggins. Any idea who it is by (originally?)

Tennaseevol
02-02-2008, 23:48
.....With that said, FREE shipping is free shipping and should you complain about it if you don't have to pay for it?.....

Econ 101: There is no such thing as a free lunch.

Yes, the customer always has the right to complain.

BTW... I've never had an bad experience receiving anything from REI.

dmb658
02-02-2008, 23:52
my point is that it is a service we provide and that its better than paying an extra $10

Wise Old Owl
02-03-2008, 00:06
I have been an REI member for 24 years and on average order twice a year from them and I can't recall ever having an unusual delay. Actually, up here in Vt now I order with standard USPO shipping and 90% of the time the item will arrive in two days. I guess that either I have been just plain lucky (like in 30+ years never having an airline lose my baggage) or that shipping to certain destinations just has more efficient routing. I have also found REIs customer service via phone to be pretty good as well.

I have been a member for five years and did a lot of clearence web site orders last year, never had a problem picked up everything at the store and reached out to the CS once and they were very helpful.

Critterman
02-03-2008, 09:35
I ordered something 2/2 and store delivery is estimated for 2/14. I ordered something last month as well and store delivery took 17 days. At least it is free and I have the time to wait.

margo
02-03-2008, 14:27
I noticed on my last order that it came in about 3 shippings. The invoices seemed confusing so I called to make sure everything was in stock. I got everything so that was OK.

I don't mind waiting, esp for free shipping. My rei orders have never been screwed up that I recall.

saimyoji
02-05-2008, 09:28
Crazy, in this day and age that it takes a week for something to get to another location in the same state.

Well the item actually got to me yesterday. Thats 3 days. Not bad. :)

Alligator
02-05-2008, 09:40
They really screwed up my bike pump order. The rep didn't quite say they lost the order, but they failed to initiate a new complete order with the return. It was a gift, and when I returned it, I added their stormproof matches to the order and asked that they be charged to my own bank card. They failed to do that, actually calling the sender and seeing if it was OK. Then they didn't send the new pump (got the matches though). However, they are sending the pump 2nd day service to fix the error. I think they may need to work out some problems in the returns dept.