PDA

View Full Version : Thru-hiking in a nutshell

ScottP
02-01-2008, 01:30
"That evening there was free music and free food in the park. It wasn't advertised much, it was something intended for the local population, not the tourists. Still, we were welcomed as guests. The three of us sat there, mesmerized by the sounds of Siucra, a trio of Irish musicians from Boulder. I hadn't heard any live music since well before the start of the hike. I had almost forgotten that humans could be so beautiful, could create something so apart from nature yet make it sound so natural. Music was one thing that always reminded me there was more to being human than just being, that there was more to life than the tangible. I ate 6 burgers." -Jonathan Ley's CDT trail journal.

minnesotasmith
02-01-2008, 04:07
"A cross between a camping vacation, a kegger, and the Bataan Death March"

:rolleyes:

chezrad
02-01-2008, 05:43
"the Bataan Death March"

:rolleyes:

Well, that does sound appealing! :eek:

mweinstone
02-01-2008, 08:14
thruhiking sucks.
skin from feet
cash from pocket
life from hand and worry from head
thruhiking sucks the dead right out of a one
thruhiking sucks so bad it actually removes chairbutt, couchback and even fathead syndrome.
enough sucky thruhiking and one acheives eternia. a state between minnesota and whyoming.
and in the end,...the hike you give is equal to the hike you make.

camojack
02-01-2008, 09:49
thruhiking sucks.
skin from feet
cash from pocket
life from hand and worry from head
thruhiking sucks the dead right out of a one
thruhiking sucks so bad it actually removes chairbutt, couchback and even fathead syndrome.
enough sucky thruhiking and one acheives eternia. a state between minnesota and whyoming.
and in the end,...the hike you give is equal to the hike you make.
Shouldn't that read "and in the end...the hike you take is equal to the hike you make"?

I didn't know you were a Beatles fan, buddy... :D