PDA

View Full Version : Any Louisvillians?

Jason of the Woods
02-01-2008, 09:29
I am starting to think that I am the only one on this site from Louisville. Anyone else?

Hooch
02-01-2008, 09:31
I'm right down the road in Lexington. I know, I know, it doesn't count. Just tryin to let you know you're not all alone out there. :D

Tabasco
02-01-2008, 09:32
Lexington here too.

Hooch
02-01-2008, 09:34
I'm right down the road in Lexington. I know, I know, it doesn't count. Just tryin to let you know you're not all alone out there. :D

Lexington here too.Cool.....hopefully catch you some time at J & H. :D

Jason of the Woods
02-01-2008, 09:53
We are always looking for couples to backpack with. We have been making a lot of trips to the gorge. We are headed back on Monday for another round. We were there this week when the storms came through. It was great.

Hooch
02-01-2008, 10:01
We are always looking for couples to backpack with. We have been making a lot of trips to the gorge. We are headed back on Monday for another round. We were there this week when the storms came through. It was great.I've done a couple overnighters, a 2 night trip and several day hikes out at Red River Gorge this year and loved every step of it. That place is absolutely incredible! Several of us from Hammock Forums (http://www.hammockforums.net) did a 2 night "hangout" there off Rough Trail 221. My favoite place there is Gray's Arch. It just can't be described adequately in words. :D

mts4602
02-01-2008, 10:16
I'm from Louisville...I go to UofL

Tabasco
02-01-2008, 11:08
I'm at J & H and PGalls at least 3 or 4 times a month.

a few of us meet at Panera in palomar on the odd Saturday morning every now and then. JohnB, Midway Sam and myself. Trying to get PA Rose to show up too.

Hooch
02-01-2008, 11:11

a few of us meet at Panera in palomar on the odd Saturday morning every now and then. JohnB, Midway Sam and myself. Trying to get PA Rose to show up too.I read soemthing about that in another thread a while back.....keep me posted on that, I'd love to meet up with you guys sometime.

Pennsylvania Rose
02-01-2008, 11:43

a few of us meet at Panera in palomar on the odd Saturday morning every now and then. JohnB, Midway Sam and myself. Trying to get PA Rose to show up too.

One of these days I'll make it. I promise.

Jason of the Woods
02-01-2008, 13:21
Any time that anyone needs a hiking partner let me know. I'm not the fastest but I'm steady.

Hikerhead
02-01-2008, 14:20
You just lost one...J5man is moving to Roanoke Va. He'll be hiking the AT every week now.

warraghiyagey
02-01-2008, 16:44
Any Louisvillians?

The last Louis viillain I believe was Louis Quatorze.

jhomeresq
02-02-2008, 00:18
I'm one in Spirit, although I live in Bloomington now. Grew up in the highlands.

Jason of the Woods
02-02-2008, 10:18
The Highlands. We go there to eat, drink, and be merry.;)

J5man
02-05-2008, 23:49
Hey Kentuckians! Just moved from Louisville to Roanoke this week. Sorry I didn't get to meet any of you before I left. Great hiking in the Red River Gorge area and I did do some day hikes at Bernheim last month before I left. HikerHead is going to be my local guide here in Roanoke and getting me out on the AT in the area. I just had dinner with him tonight and we are planning a day hike this Saturday to McAfee's Knob! By the way, there is a new hiking store in Lyndon at the Camelot Shopping Center.