PDA

View Full Version : Looking for partner to Section hike Virginia

visionrider
02-02-2008, 20:57
Last Spring I hiked the AT in Georgia and North Carolina. I'm planning on hiking the length of Virginia, starting in Damascus around April 1st (flexible on starting date). It would be nice to be able to find a hiking partner for any part of the hike. I'm a 63 year old male who hikes around 15 miles per day.

Jeff
Cazenovia, NY

juma
02-12-2008, 15:04
are ya gonna hike through virginia in one many day hike or break it up into shorter hikes over the spring summer? I just have the weekends for the most part but would like to hike that section from I-81 west and north to I-81.

juma

visionrider
02-13-2008, 11:57
The plan as it stands now:
My wife will hike with me from Elk Park, NC, US 19E, to Damascus, leaving around April 1st. This should take about a week. I will continue on my own from Damascus. If I by myself most of the time I may pull out early, but the plan is to hike the length of the AT in Virginia in about 2 months, finishing the middle of June.

Jeff

juma
02-14-2008, 10:29
ok, thanks for the clarification. I'm just a weekend hiker so not likely I'll be able to link up with ya.

juma

Cherokee Bill
02-20-2008, 19:18
Hope to section-hike the Shenandoah NP from the last weekend of June, till complete (shelter -2-shelter):D

Lilred
02-20-2008, 22:09
I'll be in that area too, central/northern VA during the month of June-ish

visionrider
02-21-2008, 12:14
Lilred and Billyboy, if all goes according to schedule, I'll be in northern VA in early June, so probably before you will be there. Will probably miss you, but you never know.

Jeff

Lilred
02-21-2008, 12:54
Lilred and Billyboy, if all goes according to schedule, I'll be in northern VA in early June, so probably before you will be there. Will probably miss you, but you never know.

Jeff

I'm starting in Catawba on May 25th. So I will be in Northern VA by early June too. Keep a lookout for me in the registers. I expect to get to Harper's Ferry around the fourth of July.

Cherokee Bill
02-23-2008, 16:07
LiLred,

We may cross paths. I am getting a shuttle from Waynesboro to the N-end of the Shenandoah NP and will pack S to Waynesboro and my truck. Leaving the last Friday of June 08:welcome

Lilred
02-23-2008, 18:47
Very cool, I'll be looking for you then. Is Billyboy your trail name? Mine is lilred so be sure to introduce yourself should we meet.

bredler
02-26-2008, 04:43
Last Spring I hiked the AT in Georgia and North Carolina. I'm planning on hiking the length of Virginia, starting in Damascus around April 1st (flexible on starting date). It would be nice to be able to find a hiking partner for any part of the hike. I'm a 63 year old male who hikes around 15 miles per day.

Jeff
Cazenovia, NY

Jeff,

I'll be out of school in early may. Then me and my buddy are hitting the trail north of Damascus for trail days and hiking south for two weeks. After that, depending on my job situation, I might be able to put some miles in with you. I'm 18, male, 15 miles a day sounds like a decent pace to me. So by that time, you should be in SNP, either in the middle or the end. If you PM me with your contact info I'll do the same and we can try to work something else out.

:banana

-Bred

fredmugs
03-03-2008, 11:45
Not sure if this works for anybody else but my next planned SOBO section will begin at the James River. At this point I have no planned start date and would like to hike to either Troutville or Pearisburg. What I am not willing to do is pay someone a fortune to shuttle me around. If you are looking to hike NOBO to the James River I would be more than willing to meet you there and have you drive my car to Troutville or Pearisburg (or somewhere in between) and then you can hike back to your car and I can hike to mine.

Cherokee Bill
03-06-2008, 20:03
Very cool, I'll be looking for you then. Is Billyboy your trail name? Mine is lilred so be sure to introduce yourself should we meet.

Yes, Billyboy is my trailname. At 61 I hope to be part of the "AT" Class of 2013:banana

reefer
03-06-2008, 21:28
Hi, I will be retiring april 1 (age 60) and have done from NOC to Damascus and was thinking about doing Damascus to Hapers Ferry, or some other section hike, starting around May 1. My wife would love to do a week with me also, she is very slow. 15 mile days wouldn't be a prolbem for me.