PDA

View Full Version : MRE heaters and freezer bag cooking

ncmtns
02-02-2008, 21:17
Do you suppose these heaters are hot enough and heat long enuf to cook up some water for maybe ramon noodles? I was thinking of putting the freezer bag of water and noodles, and the heater in a cozy together. what do yall think?

take-a-knee
02-02-2008, 22:44
Do you suppose these heaters are hot enough and heat long enuf to cook up some water for maybe ramon noodles? I was thinking of putting the freezer bag of water and noodles, and the heater in a cozy together. what do yall think?

I doubt it, not enough BTU's there for that volume of water. I'll tell you the best alternative use for one I've found is to place a damp bandanna or washcloth (better) in a ziploc and place that in the heater and use it to clean up with.

sarbar
02-02-2008, 23:01
You can actually soak ramen in cold water due to it being precooked/fried. If you don't mind cold it makes a great salad tossing the drained noodles with dressing and whatever else you have on hand.

budforester
02-03-2008, 22:27
I have been making ramen "noodles" lately, rather than "soup"... half the water and half the sodium- bomb. If ramen is your wish, maybe experiment with cold- soak, then drain. That might yield an appropriate mass to warm in a MRE- heater.

greentick
02-06-2008, 16:43
Leave them at home, too much trash. Goes from being dehydrated to hydrated trash.