PDA

View Full Version : REi Dividends?

Alex
02-03-2008, 19:26
Anyone know when dividends are being dispersed? Did I miss something?

-Alex

Footslogger
02-03-2008, 19:30
Anyone know when dividends are being dispersed? Did I miss something?

-Alex
==========================

When I worked at REI it was generally some time in mid/late February. I haven't gotten mine yet either so ...you haven't missed anything.

'Slogger

Alex
02-03-2008, 19:33
Ok thanks, I thought I remembered it being Jan. , but that's cool, I can wait.

BigCat
02-04-2008, 00:53
they tend to come out just after w-2's. reason being, REI corporate has to run their balance sheet for the fiscal year (they use calendar year) so they can determine dividends.

ChinMusic
02-04-2008, 00:58
I switched to an REI credit card last year after having so many points on my Cabelas CC that I couldn't use them all. I should have a bunch. How do these points work? Does REI keep track of everything of do I have to pay attention?

TIA

burger
02-04-2008, 01:09
I switched to an REI credit card last year after having so many points on my Cabelas CC that I couldn't use them all. I should have a bunch. How do these points work? Does REI keep track of everything of do I have to pay attention?

They keep track of it, but every statement includes a year-to-date total of how much you've earned in dividends (for your card usage, not for your purchases at REI). It'll all be there when you get your dividend.

dmb658
02-04-2008, 01:15
REI will keep track of all your dividend money. Its really simple, just ask any cashier to see if you have any remaining dividend money, if you have any left, you can use it, if not, just use your REI visa and get more dividend money.

no rei hasnt released the dividend checks yet, i would expect them to come out very shortly

any REI related quetions, ask me, its my job =]

ChinMusic
02-04-2008, 01:18
They keep track of it, but every statement includes a year-to-date total of how much you've earned in dividends (for your card usage, not for your purchases at REI). It'll all be there when you get your dividend.
Thanks. I've had a dividend in other years, but this was the first year I had their CC. I guess once the dividend is released, and I make a purchase online or a store, it will be there. I'm glad I don't have to keep track of it.

Is there a time frame for the points? In other words, do they expire?

dmb658
02-04-2008, 01:27
they expire on december 31onthe following year, so if you get you dividend this year, it will expire on dec. 31 2009, so in 2010 it will be no good

JERMM
02-04-2008, 07:47
Last year I was able to use my dividend before it came in the mail. Went in to REI to purchase something, at the register was asked if I would like to use my dividend. They keep track of it and can apply to new purchases w/o you having the paper version in hand. I think that was around the middle to late Feb last year. I usually get the paper version in March

Puppy
02-04-2008, 08:48
I called the main REI number a couple weeks ago about this - they told me it will be late Feb or early March this year.

dmb658
02-04-2008, 09:49
Its understandable, i mean theres only about...9 MILLION members!

Critterman
02-04-2008, 10:26
The cashier at my local REI told me 2/24. I don't know if she is FOS but she seemed to be pretty sure about it.