PDA

View Full Version : Good Recipes for eating Crow????

warraghiyagey
02-03-2008, 23:25
Ummm. . . yeah, what happened is, uh, the cat walked on my keyboard and apparently entered a new thread that against astronomic odds actually spelled out something about predicting a Patriots blowout or something like that :confused: a few hours before the game. Weird.
Aaaaaanywho, about the third quarter of the Super Bowl I started wondering just what types of delectible dishes could be made from crow.
And considering just how badly this whole story twisted with the Giants winning, wondering if anyone has any good crow recipes??
:o
I've got an odd hankerin for it about now.:rolleyes:

4eyedbuzzard
02-03-2008, 23:34
Crow is best served with that slice of humble pie you missed seeing in the fridge earlier.

But crow and humble pie is always better than munching on sour grapes.:)
Glad to see you're not eating them.

Hoop
02-03-2008, 23:38
Belicheck might have been devising a recipe as he ran on the field before the game ended...

Frolicking Dinosaurs
02-03-2008, 23:39
CROW HASH

4 or 5 crows
1 (10 3/4 oz.) can chicken broth
1/4 c. butter
Salt & Pepper to taste
Juice from 1/2 lemon
8-12 oz. sliced mushrooms
Flour
1 bay leaf
Rice or toast

THE MARINADE:

1 pt. vinegar
1 pt. water
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper

Skin the crows. Cut away any fat. Cut bird in half. Mix marinade. Pour over crow in glass container for 24 hours in refrigerator. Discard marinade. Boil crow in a pot with water, 1 bay leaf. Remove meat from bone, slicing it against the grain. In a large fry pan heat butter, mushrooms and add chicken broth, lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for 20 minutes. Thicken with flour. Serve over rice or toast. Serves 4.

Roland
02-03-2008, 23:50
Ummm. . . yeah, what happened is, uh, the cat walked on my keyboard and apparently entered a new thread that against astronomic odds actually spelled out something about predicting a Patriots blowout or something like that :confused: a few hours before the game. Weird.
~

Ridge, is that you??? ;)

burger
02-04-2008, 01:11
To all those Pats fans out there, I think Aeschylus said it best:

Pride goeth before a fall. Try a little humility next time around. Go Giants!

camojack
02-04-2008, 01:24
Aaaaaanywho, about the third quarter of the Super Bowl I started wondering just what types of delectible dishes could be made from crow.
And considering just how badly this whole story twisted with the Giants winning, wondering if anyone has any good crow recipes??
:o
I've got an odd hankerin for it about now.:rolleyes:

Do you like your crow with hot sauce? :confused:
(Tastes like chicken...)

warraghiyagey
02-04-2008, 01:38
Do you like your crow with hot sauce? :confused:
(Tastes like chicken...)
Actually, this is the first time I've falt absolutely compelled to eat it. Think I'll try FD's recipe first. Looks delicious in a crow kind of way.

camojack
02-04-2008, 02:11
Actually, this is the first time I've falt absolutely compelled to eat it. Think I'll try FD's recipe first. Looks delicious in a crow kind of way.
The funny thing was, I planned to post that comment verbatim on your other thread...but you were ahead of me, and it still worked. :)

warraghiyagey
02-04-2008, 02:14
The funny thing was, I planned to post that comment verbatim on your other thread...but you were ahead of me, and it still worked. :)
Sweet irony. I wonder if that tastes as good as crow. I like to prescribe to the 'If-I've-been-an-ass-I-should-be-the -first-person-to point-it-out' theory. Really helps repel some of the blowback.:rolleyes:

warraghiyagey
02-04-2008, 02:15
You in Hawaii yet??

camojack
02-04-2008, 02:21
You in Hawaii yet??
Not until Saturday... :banana

JAK
02-04-2008, 02:22
You can hunt crow here pretty cheap with a varmints licence.

warraghiyagey
02-04-2008, 02:25
You can hunt crow here pretty cheap with a varmints licence.
How does a varmint get a license??http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/laughing023.gif

warraghiyagey
02-04-2008, 02:27
How does a varmint get a license??http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/laughing023.gif
Wait. . . let's ask Camojack.
http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/laughing001.gif

camojack
02-04-2008, 02:33
Wait. . . let's ask Camojack.
http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/laughing001.gif
You can ask; if I was ever going to put anyone on "ignore", it'd be the buffoon to whom you were responding. :-?
(Although on principle, I think that putting people on ignore is for punks...)

warraghiyagey
02-04-2008, 02:35
You can ask; if I was ever going to put anyone on "ignore", it'd be the buffoon to whom you were responding. :-?
(Although on principle, I think that putting people on ignore is for punks...)
If you put someone on ignore do they know it - like does it show up on their screen that you have them on ignore?? Serious question. (Only because if it does I'm going to put Woodsy on it until he notices - just to mess with him.:D)

camojack
02-04-2008, 02:45
If you put someone on ignore do they know it - like does it show up on their screen that you have them on ignore?? Serious question. (Only because if it does I'm going to put Woodsy on it until he notices - just to mess with him.:D)
I wouldn't know; I've never put anyone on ignore.
(On principle, remember? :confused:)

warraghiyagey
02-04-2008, 02:47
I wouldn't know; I've never put anyone on ignore.
(On principle, remember? :confused:)
K. I'm putting you on ignore - tell me if it shows up.

camojack
02-04-2008, 04:35
Well, I can read that; if you put me on ignore though, I would guess that you can't read this... :-?

NICKTHEGREEK
02-04-2008, 07:37

Well, I can read that; if you put me on ignore though, I would guess that you can't read this... :-?

Leonardo Da Vinci meet Albert Einstein. Few get to witness the process of true genius at work.:D

woodsy
02-04-2008, 08:09
Oh nevermind, how's that crow taste?

camojack
02-04-2008, 08:40
Leonardo Da Vinci meet Albert Einstein. Few get to witness the process of true genius at work.:D
If you only knew... :-?

woodsy
02-04-2008, 09:13
This just in from the AP (associated Press)

Monday, Feb 04, 08
Boston, Ma

Alcohol sales spike dramatically overnight in the Boston and surrounding areas as Patriot fans mourn their loss to the Giants.
Many businesses are expected to remain closed for days as Patriot fans drown their sorrows.
Area bars and nightclubs will remain open however until all alcohol is depleted from the shelves.

ATSeamstress
02-04-2008, 14:20
Oh nevermind, how's that crow taste?

I hope it "tastes like chicken" because I'll be eating some today too. Oh, wait, I forgot, I'm a vegetarian! Maybe I'll just have a slice of humble pie.
Does Dino have a recipe for that?

Now I need to go find a NY Giants T-shirt to wear to work. I am a woman of my word.

hammock engineer
02-04-2008, 14:27
I have always wanted to have a cow roast. I think it would take a backhoe through to dig the hole and lower it in place.

woodsy
02-04-2008, 15:03
Here you go warrgy, enjoy your crow!

BBQ Crow
Ingredients
10 crow breasts
BBQ sauce
2 onions
Tabasco sauce Preparation
Place crow meat in a deep pan. Pour as much BBQ and Tabasco sauce as desired over the crow meat. Let marinate for at least 2 hours. Slice onions into thin slices and push out the centers to make rings. Place onions in skillet and place crow breasts over onions. The two flavors will combine while cooking. Put skillet on stove and cook until onions are brown and meat is tender. Serve crow over the onions.