PDA

View Full Version : Giants take it

Tennessee Viking
02-03-2008, 23:35
For those of you that just hit the trail during Super Bowl time, it was 17-14 Giants. Eli with a last minute touchdown pass to Burress with just over 30 seconds left in the game.

Jaybird62
02-03-2008, 23:35
:p:p:p:pWoooooohooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool::cool::cool::cool::eek::eek:: eek::eek::sun:sun:sun:sun:sun:sun:sun

Blissful
02-03-2008, 23:37
We're also celebrating a great game on the other thread for "Congratulations Patriots" as well. :)

Great game (from a former New Yorker)

sheepdog
Congrats. I would have never believed it could happen. Great game.

Kirby
Congratulations to the NY Giants on a well fought victory over the New England Patriots.

Kirby

Roots
02-03-2008, 23:41
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/18/18_1_319.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxmk762MNUS) That was awesome....GO NY!!

Jaybird62
02-03-2008, 23:41
What a great game. Hey Kirb, I will certainly pick you up a patch and send it to you. It can be a good motivational thought, "never give up!!". Thanks for the cograts this has been a long time coming.

orangebug
02-03-2008, 23:43
First Super Bowl worth watching to the end in decades.

Kirby
02-03-2008, 23:44
What a great game. Hey Kirb, I will certainly pick you up a patch and send it to you. It can be a good motivational thought, "never give up!!". Thanks for the cograts this has been a long time coming.

Send me a PM, and I will give you my address. If you will send me one, I will carry it from Springer to Katahdin(or to where I "accidentally" drop it:rolleyes:).

Kirby

Survivor Dave
02-03-2008, 23:49
Congratulations to the N.Y. Giants!

My Miami Dolphins thank you profusely!!!!!

eric_plano
02-03-2008, 23:50
After the crap in Dallas this game made me sad (I wanted to see the 4-peat). I have to give the Giants credit though, the game was pretty straight up.

double d
02-03-2008, 23:52
Great game, I forgot about the Dolphins 72 season (of course, "only" 14 regular season games back then).

Survivor Dave
02-03-2008, 23:59
No point in practicing for the dance if you can't take home the gal!

AAHHHHH....Remember the Buffalo Bills......

Great game, I forgot about the Dolphins 72 season (of course, "only" 14 regular season games back then).

Kirby
02-04-2008, 00:01
No point in practicing for the dance if you can't take home the gal!

Congratulations on the Dolphins going 1-15 this year, it was a hard fought season, they are bound for perfection next year.:rolleyes:

Can't sleep,
Kirby

Heater
02-04-2008, 00:08
Congratulations on the Dolphins going 1-15 this year, it was a hard fought season, they are bound for perfection next year.:rolleyes:

Can't sleep,
Kirby

They've done it before... The "perfect season" yaknow. You should should give them their props instead of a bunch of your sour grapes.

:banana:banana:banana:banana

rafe
02-04-2008, 00:18

Boy I Love Losing Superbowls.

Or something like that.

Yahtzee
02-04-2008, 00:20
That pitch and catch near the end of the game was a good as I have ever seen.

A-Train
02-04-2008, 00:22
That pitch and catch near the end of the game was a good as I have ever seen.

Tyree's catch was the best I've ever seen in any football game. Amazing.

Jaybird62
02-04-2008, 00:25
.....Shocked the world..... woooooooohoooooooooooo!!!!!!!:cool::sun:cool::sun: cool::sun:cool::cool::sun:sun

Heater
02-04-2008, 00:27
http://www.cybergifs.com/fireworks/Iwtchwrks.gif

A-Train
02-04-2008, 00:29
And why in the Hell was Jeremy Shockey sitting in a box drinking a beer and NOT with his teamates on the sideline. Shows what many of us have always thought about him: He's a total A$$hole and a bad sport.

Giants are better off without him (hey Tiki!)

rafe
02-04-2008, 00:30
Home page at boston.com right now:

http://cache.boston.com/bonzai-fba/Globe_Photo/2008/02/03/1202093926_9595.jpg

Heater
02-04-2008, 00:31

I love it!

Jaybird62
02-04-2008, 00:41

Awesome......Just Awesome..........

Jaybird62
02-04-2008, 00:43
:sun:D:cool::sun:D:cool:Oh yeah, by the way, wooooooooohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:sun:D:cool::sun:D:cool::rolleyes:

Cosmo Rules
02-04-2008, 01:03
The New York Giants Rule!

gungho
02-04-2008, 01:08
The New York Giants Rule!
Wouldn't have it any other way

camojack
02-04-2008, 01:28
:sun:D:cool::sun:D:cool:Oh yeah, by the way, wooooooooohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:sun:D:cool::sun:D:cool::rolleyes:
Made my day. Incidentally, when did they stop limiting the smileys to 6? :confused:
(You've got twice that many...)

Tennessee Viking
02-04-2008, 01:38
Hiked Roan....man was there ice on the trail. Only fell on my butt once. Came down the mountain and watched the Giants sneak in the upset.

It was a good day.

Jaybird62
02-04-2008, 01:39
I guess when your team finally wins the big one!!!!!!!!!:-?:confused::o:eek::rolleyes::cool::sun:sun:sun

warraghiyagey
02-04-2008, 02:51
http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/toilet15.gif

Kirby
02-04-2008, 07:21
They've done it before... The "perfect season" yaknow. You should should give them their props instead of a bunch of your sour grapes.

:banana:banana:banana:banana

I was just pulling SD's leg, I sent my congratulations to the Giants and their fans already.

That was a rediculous catch towards the end.

Kirby

NICKTHEGREEK
02-04-2008, 07:30
Tyree's catch was the best I've ever seen in any football game. Amazing.

Among the best for sure. Had he not made that grab, the result would be completely different. He was the real MVP

Heater
02-04-2008, 10:46
I'm not real sure why Eli Manning got the MVP. There are other players that had much bigger games and had more of an impact on the outcome.

Critterman
02-04-2008, 11:25
I'm not real sure why Eli Manning got the MVP. There are other players that had much bigger games and had more of an impact on the outcome.

The defensive line should be MVP. They were great.

A-Train
02-04-2008, 11:29
The defensive line should be MVP. They were great.

Yes I thought Justin Tuck was the clear MVP in the first half pressuring Brady every time. Coulda given it to Tyree also.

mrc237
02-04-2008, 11:47
Been a NYGs fan since the fifties and a season ticket holder since 1964. I am now in LasVegas basking in the most satisfying victory since beating the Packers 2 weeks ago. I had to endure a bunch of frontrunning non football folks at the S Ruck all rooting for the Pack. In the end the last Manning was still standing. Now after destroying the "unbeatable" Patriots and Bill Belicheat he is still the last Manning standing. Last two games the Pats lost the opposing QBs were named Manning! The new Curse?

A-Train
02-04-2008, 11:50
Been a NYGs fan since the fifties and a season ticket holder since 1964. I am now in LasVegas basking in the most satisfying victory since beating the Packers 2 weeks ago. I had to endure a bunch of frontrunning non football folks at the S Ruck all rooting for the Pack. In the end the last Manning was still standing. Now after destroying the "unbeatable" Patriots and Bill Belicheat he is still the last Manning standing. Last two games the Pats lost the opposing QBs were named Manning! The new Curse?

Congrats, a GREAT win for the Giants and NY. I can watch the clip of Brady laughing all smuggly about Buresses prediction they'll "only" score 17 pts over and over. I guess that was too generous.

Heater
02-04-2008, 11:52
Last two games the Pats lost the opposing QBs were named Manning! The new Curse?

You think Payton wants to be outdone by little brother again? :-?

I don't think so.

mrc237
02-04-2008, 11:53
He was actually gushing. It was the first quote I brought up around the Pats fans I was watching the game with. It was fitting that Plax got the winning TD.

ed bell
02-04-2008, 12:06
He was actually gushing. It was the first quote I brought up around the Pats fans I was watching the game with. It was fitting that Plax got the winning TD.So you and Sly are in Vegas? Did you wager on the Giants?:D I know he didn't.;)

superman
02-04-2008, 12:09
If the defense had held for 2 minute. If Brady had no time to do anything. Had the guys who almost made interception caught them. Had Brady pulled the win out of his ass.
But none of that happened. The Giants were the best team in that game. I feel that the Patriot defense had lost that game but so what....it's done and over. Wait til next year....:)

Jaybird62
02-04-2008, 12:16
If the defense had held for 2 minute. If Brady had no time to do anything. Had the guys who almost made interception caught them. Had Brady pulled the win out of his ass.
But none of that happened. The Giants were the best team in that game. I feel that the Patriot defense had lost that game but so what....it's done and over. Wait til next year....:)

In the meantime, we will wear that super bowl champion title proudly, having beaten 4 really good teams in the postseason!!!:banana:D

leeki pole
02-04-2008, 12:25
Umm, did you watch the game?
I guess you did.
He made the plays dude. The drive at the beginning of the 4th quarter and the final drive were things of beauty. The defense of the Giants was great, but Eli was way over the top. When he checked out of the play when he threw to Plaxico for the game winning touchdown against the blitz, that was sheer genius. Congratulations to all Giants fans and Mannnings rule!

superman
02-04-2008, 12:26
In the meantime, we will wear that super bowl champion title proudly, having beaten 4 really good teams in the postseason!!!:banana:D

Yes you did. The Giants out played a bunch of teams, including the Patriots. Congratulations

Heater
02-04-2008, 12:39
Umm, did you watch the game?
I guess you did.

Umm, yeah, I did.

[/quote]
He made the plays dude. The drive at the beginning of the 4th quarter and the final drive were things of beauty. The defense of the Giants was great, but Eli was way over the top. When he checked out of the play when he threw to Plaxico for the game winning touchdown against the blitz, that was sheer genius. Congratulations to all Giants fans and Mannnings rule![/quote]

The Giants D deserves most of the credit for that win. Manning did what was expected of any QB.

Jaybird62
02-04-2008, 12:51
I think the whole team played extremely well. Most of the night, Eli had lots of time,(thanks to great performance by the offensive line) and the receivers made some great catches. The D was definatly incredible, and those running backs can put their heads down and just push defenses down the feild. I can see giving Eli the nod, since quarterbacks are the leaders of the team, and that unbelievable escape and toss he made!

A-Train
02-04-2008, 12:58
I think the whole team played extremely well. Most of the night, Eli had lots of time,(thanks to great performance by the offensive line) and the receivers made some great catches. The D was definatly incredible, and those running backs can put their heads down and just push defenses down the feild. I can see giving Eli the nod, since quarterbacks are the leaders of the team, and that unbelievable escape and toss he made!

Incredible, still hard to fathom. One of the greatest upsets of ALL time. To think where the Giants came from this year: giving up 80 pts in the first 2 games, looking like they would be 0-3 against the Redskins, winning ONLY home games all year, getting blown out by Minnesota while Eli threw 3 picks, losing their hall of fame running back to retirement, losing their tight end to injury, Strahan missing training camp, having a kicker miss 2 field goals in a playoff game, then kicking a frozen ball to send them to the super bowl. Beating an undefeated team.

You can't make this stuff up.

A-Train
02-04-2008, 12:58
Incredible, still hard to fathom. One of the greatest upsets of ALL time. To think where the Giants came from this year: giving up 80 pts in the first 2 games, looking like they would be 0-3 against the Redskins, winning ONLY home games all year, getting blown out by Minnesota while Eli threw 3 picks, losing their hall of fame running back to retirement, losing their tight end to injury, Strahan missing training camp, having a kicker miss 2 field goals in a playoff game, then kicking a frozen ball to send them to the super bowl. Beating an undefeated team.

Woops, winning ONLY 3 home games

Cannibal
02-04-2008, 13:05
Can't say enough about both the offensive and defensive front lines of the Giants. Hats off to them all!

You hear about people playing 'from the heart', but I can't think of a play that showed more 'heart' than the pass from Manning to Tyree to pick-up that first down at the end. Amazing, just plain amazing. Archie has to be one proud papa!

RiverWarriorPJ
02-04-2008, 13:08
For those of you that just hit the trail during Super Bowl time, it was 17-14 Giants. Eli with a last minute touchdown pass to Burress with just over 30 seconds left in the game.

..LiKe I SaiD YesTerDaY...."Yea BaBy..!!..:banana

leeki pole
02-04-2008, 13:21

I've got to agree. You know, the neatest thing to me was when Eli came over to the kicker after the second missed field goal against the Packers, slapped him on the back and said "don't worry about it." Then he drilled the kick in overtime. Priceless. Leadership? Yep, and take that, Tiki. MVP? You decide.;)

Sly
02-04-2008, 13:38
First Super Bowl worth watching to the end in decades.

I don't know, the last 4 the Pats have been in have come down to the final minutes and seconds, were won by 3 points and have been great games.

Sly
02-04-2008, 13:43
So you and Sly are in Vegas? Did you wager on the Giants?:D I know he didn't.;)

Actually, I was going to bet the Giants (still hoping the Pats won of course) as I thought giving 12.5 points was too much. EZ told me that was wrong not to bet on your team, so I teased the Pats (-6.5) and the over (49).

RadioFreq
02-04-2008, 15:11
When I got back from church yesterday I curled up in my bed and read
AWOL's book cover-to-cover. Finished the book in time to watch the
last 10 minutes of the game. All-in-all a perfect day. :)

Congrats, Giants. :banana

Jaybird62
02-04-2008, 15:40
When I got back from church yesterday I curled up in my bed and read
AWOL's book cover-to-cover. Finished the book in time to watch the
last 10 minutes of the game. All-in-all a perfect day. :)

Congrats, Giants. :banana
I just finished that book up the other day myself. Grrrreeeeaaattttt book. Yesterday was a truly perfect day. Hiked Kellys Run trail in Lancaster County PA, and then watched my fav team pull off the upset of the century-they don't come to much more perfect then that!!!!:D:D:sun

ATSeamstress
02-04-2008, 16:29

That's exactly what I thought last year about Peyton Manning. It should have gone to Bob Sanders. Eli did play a great game as did the entire team. Congratulations Jaybird and all the Giants fans.

Jaybird62
02-04-2008, 16:50
about Congratulations Jaybird and all the Giants fans.
Why, thank ya'!!!:D

mrc237
02-21-2008, 21:23
So you and Sly are in Vegas? Did you wager on the Giants?:D I know he didn't.;)

$50.00 Money line for +165 and $126.00 at +12 for a +$120.00 -$20.00 for my 86 yo Mom who had the G-men!!!