PDA

View Full Version : Blueberry Ledges Trail, whatcha know?

Almost There
02-04-2008, 02:00
Debating whether I'm gonna AT it from Katahdin to Abol Bridge or Blueblaze down the Blueberry Ledges Trail, wanted to know if it's worth the hike or if the AT hike is actually better. Can anyone who has hiked it chime in and let me know what you think? Thanks!

TJ aka Teej
02-04-2008, 10:36
Can anyone who has hiked it chime in and let me know what you think?
With the exception of one bit of open ledge by the stream, it's rather uninteresting. Starts behind the Birches, meanders through stumpage and old burn, then follows an old jeep road down to the AT Kiosk. Seems longer than listed, dry except for at the stream. The AT is more interesting, balancing rocks, waterfalls, dams, fun water crossings, and follows historic footsteps. Take the blueblaze/fadeblaze into Daicey Pond and check out the view from the Library, as hundreds of ATers have done for decades to end or start their hikes. A loop hike of the AT and Blueberry Ledges out of Katahdin Stream makes for an enjoyable day hike, too.
The view from the library porch:
http://whiteblaze.net/forum/vbg/showimage.php?i=12866&catid=member&imageuser=314

Almost There
02-04-2008, 10:42
Thanks Teej! I would rather hike the AT I think, but am thinking of alternatives if my flight doesn't get in on time, etc. But that's about what I wanted to know.