PDA

View Full Version : Wow.... I'm ready....

wrongway_08
02-05-2008, 09:55
For the last 7 months I have been busy testing gear, making gear, replacing gear, modifing gear and orginizing the thru-hike plans, making about 30 some adjustments to my gear......... Yesterday I put all the maps in order and started to orginize my mail drops.

Now I have 23 days before I leave and everything is done :). Kinda sucks, I dont have anything to keep me busy now.......just have to wait for the time to past :cool:!

Only real thing I have to do is go hiking to break in my new shoes :D ...... I gave myself two weeks of off time (no work or anything) before the start of my thru to get all the small stuff take'n care of and now ... I have nothing to do but wait.

Okay Doggiebag, I know - time to figure out my trail journals stuff!!!! So there is one thing to do...:p

Anyways,,,,,,, Wow.... I'm ready to thru :D :sun

rafe
02-05-2008, 09:57
If there's nothing keeping you, why not start now?

Cowgirl
02-05-2008, 10:04
How exciting!!!

whiterockjock
02-05-2008, 10:09
Hopefully I am one month behind you, good luck!

wrongway_08
02-05-2008, 10:12
If there's nothing keeping you, why not start now?

I work till the 15th. Then spending some time with the family. Its kinda nice to be able to sit back and relax without thinking.... what did I forget or what can I change with the gear/clothes. Just get to relax.

jersey joe
02-05-2008, 10:17
You should spend the next two weeks eating. Put on 5 pounds. That's roughly 15,000 calories you wont have to carry. ;)

pittmad
02-05-2008, 10:17
good work. i'll be about a month behind you as well.

Smile
02-05-2008, 10:28
I hope you have an awesome hike, and that the time will pass 'quickly' for you while you wait to get out there :)

doggiebag
02-05-2008, 11:20
Very cool Wrongway. I'm pretty sure this is the most planning for anything you've done in your life - correct? I'm quite happy for you. Take your time for the first couple of weeks. I know you can do the big mile days ... there will be plenty of those. Don't burn yourself out too soon. Physically you can do this thing - it's the mental challenge that will be your biggest hurdle. Bring a good book. I know it's a little weight ... but believe me - the simple joy of reading will keep your mind occupied and alleviate some of the challenges of feeling isolated. Also take notes on the little things you notice ... temperature of the day when you wake up ... cloud formations, wind direction: after a couple of weeks you can predict what your weather for the day would be more accurately than any weather forcaster. There's so much in store for you. If you think you can hike now ... wait till you've got your trail-legs! That'll take a couple of weeks. Take your time and avoid rushing the first two weeks. Youre first order of priority is to get comfortable in a un-comfortable environment. Good job in the preparation.

snowhoe
02-05-2008, 12:27
wrongway I have enjoyed reading all of your threads here and I hope you have a great hike you defenitly have the right attitude for it and I know you will make it Good luck and have fun. You never know I might met you somewhere in the smokies doing trail magic.

hobojoe
02-05-2008, 12:44
Congrats..... I gave my job 2 months notice today and I'll be starting round april 8th or so. Nows a great time to train real hard....sleep on a piece of ply wood, record snoring sounds to play while you sleep, Eat until you can't stand nevermind hike and 16 oz curls. See ya at trail daze.
Leave no Trail,
Hobo Joe

Jaybird62
02-05-2008, 12:53
Good deal wrongway, I hope you have a wonderful experience. I am looking forward to reading your trail journal-Must feel really good to have everything in place!!!!! Have fun!

tazie
02-05-2008, 16:04
[quote=wrongway_08;524213]For the last 7 months I have been busy testing gear, making gear, replacing gear, modifing gear and orginizing the thru-hike plans, making about 30 some adjustments to my gear......... Yesterday I put all the maps in order and started to orginize my mail drops.

Now I have 23 days before I leave and everything is done :). Kinda sucks, I dont have anything to keep me busy now.......just have to wait for the time to past :cool:!

Good luck wrongway..I wish you all the best on this wonderful journey. I enjoy reading your posts, especially you-n-doggiebags adventures. I forgot if you mentioned it, but is Hudson going with you?

Bare Bear
02-05-2008, 16:10
Go do it. Go slow and enjoy it.

wrongway_08
02-05-2008, 17:26
Thanks everbody for the kind words :) !

Whiteblaze is a great site and I will miss being glued to the screen everyday listening to all the ramblings that go on here! I spend more hours on here, knowing I should be doing something "productive" but oh well....... I enjoy your alls company more then cleaning/grass cutting/snow shoveling/vacuming/working.....:D.......:cool:

Hudson will be joining me in the middle for a little while, I would love to have him along the whole way but for his safety Hudson will be relaxing at home, eating better then I will be!
He is learning the hiking scene but Hudson is just not ready to go full force into backpacking yet. As much as I would love to have him along, he needs more traing and trail miles for something this big.

10-K
02-05-2008, 17:33
Good luck - and don't forget your candle lantern.

dmb658
02-05-2008, 17:39
i'll be heading down to georgia in 41 days, can't wait! i just hope i finish in time for college! hahA

doggiebag
02-05-2008, 17:43
So are you sticking with Wrongway as your trail name ... or is it Asshat or Spanksalone? When your hiking with your dog is it Team Asshat? Just to make sure that I look for the right entries in the registers.

wrongway_08
02-05-2008, 17:45
So are you sticking with Wrongway as your trail name ... or is it Asshat or Spanksalone? When your hiking with your dog is it Team Asshat? Just to make sure that I look for the right entries in the registers.

Hmm, maybe Waywrongassspanker.......... that should keep your smart ass quit for a while .....:D

Amphibious D
02-05-2008, 17:46
I've got 45 days till i start. I can't wait either! got all my gear and everything...like Wrongway, I'm just waiting and hiking locally.

wakapak
02-05-2008, 17:47
LOL...have a blast out there Wrongway, or whatever your name turns out to be!! :)

Kirby
02-05-2008, 18:27
I'll see you on Springer(if you up there around 2PM).

All the best,
Kirby

take-a-knee
02-05-2008, 21:40
Best of luck to you Wrongway, have a great hike.

doggiebag
02-06-2008, 02:01
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kusgr5z-RFw

Hope it keeps you motivated. It's not baaaaad.

A-Train
02-06-2008, 02:08
Thanks everbody for the kind words :) !

Whiteblaze is a great site and I will miss being glued to the screen everyday listening to all the ramblings that go on here! I spend more hours on here, knowing I should be doing something "productive" but oh well....... I enjoy your alls company more then cleaning/grass cutting/snow shoveling/vacuming/working.....:D.......:cool:

Hudson will be joining me in the middle for a little while, I would love to have him along the whole way but for his safety Hudson will be relaxing at home, eating better then I will be!
He is learning the hiking scene but Hudson is just not ready to go full force into backpacking yet. As much as I would love to have him along, he needs more traing and trail miles for something this big.

Be prepared for your life to be ruine...er....I mean changed, forever!

Dogwood
02-06-2008, 02:16
Enjoy The Journey!!!

wrongway_08
02-06-2008, 15:55
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kusgr5z-RFw

Hope it keeps you motivated. It's not baaaaad.

That was awsome! Hmmmm....... why do you have a stuffed sheep?:D