PDA

View Full Version : Latest AT Guidebooks/Maps for sale (sold)

Dancer
02-05-2008, 10:43
I took advantage of the ATC Guidebook special back in November/December. It now looks like I am not going to thru this year after all. I would like to sell my Guidebooks and will sell them cheap.

I got the Complete Set of AT Guides, all 11 guide sets with books and maps & Data Book. I haven't even opened the box the ATC sent, they are brand new. I will open it to make sure they are all there before reshipping them. For members right now they are $224 plus shipping on the ATC site. I am willing to go to around$180 or less to unload them.

Please PM me if you are interested.

wrongway_08
02-05-2008, 10:46
You couldnt have posted this 10 days ago!!! Great deal. I just spent more on just the maps alone.

Some lucky hiker will snatch these up quick!!!

10-K
02-05-2008, 11:07
PM sent - I'll take 'em.

Dancer
02-05-2008, 11:33
SOLD. Dang that was easy.

WhoAh
02-05-2008, 13:15
It now looks like I am not going to thru this year after all.

Sorry your thru has been postponed... it has just been postponed, right?

quasarr
02-05-2008, 13:17
WOW sold in under an hour ...

if it doesn't work out, let me know and I'll take em! :)

whitelightning
02-05-2008, 21:18
Be sure to check and make sure that you recieved ALL the map sets. I, too, took advantage of the Guidebook special. Unfortunately, I'm still waiting on 3 of the sets: the GA/NC, Shenandoah, and VT/NH. The ATC informed me today that they are sold out of the GA/NC maps and don't expect to more in till the end of the month. Considering that's about when I start my thruhike, it may well be problematic. Just a heads up.

sli74
02-05-2008, 23:47
I also am starting at the end of the month without the GA/NC maps or guidebook because the ATC won't have the new sets out on time. Which is a SUPER bummer. :(

The map and guide sets you got won't be complete, they will be missing those 3 sets mentioned before.

Dancer
02-08-2008, 14:13
Sorry your thru has been postponed... it has just been postponed, right?

Not sure, several new factors in the equation these days. Have an interesting new job opportunity, going to school, new relationship and just got an awesome deal on a house I'm interesting in renting. Honestly the urge to thru isn't as strong lately. Trails gonna be there a while.

Really looking at just trying to get on one trail or another about once a month and enjoying some stress free backpacking. Happy hiking.

Lilred
02-08-2008, 19:11
leave the guidebooks at home, you won't need them and they weigh too much. All you need are the maps.

Have a great hike!!