PDA

View Full Version : Difference between Seedhouse Footprints

Almost There
02-05-2008, 12:46
Anyone know what the big difference is between the Seedhouse 2 footprint and the Seedhouse 2 SL footpring. I know one is nylon taffeta and the other is ripstop nylon, but is there a difference in size or how they hook up. Question beign because you can get the original Seedhouse 2 fly for $19. The one sold for the SL model is $50....if there is no difference then why wouldn't you buy the cheaper one. That being said the floor of the SL could tear very easily without a footprint, so I want to make sure I have the right one. If anyoen has dealt with this please let me know. Thanks!

gearfreak
02-05-2008, 13:34
To my knowledge, they are identical except for material and weight. :cool:

Almost There
02-05-2008, 13:52
Just trying to figure out if the original will protect the bottom as well as the newer one...if yes, then I don't care about a couple of ounces, if I can save 30 bucks.

Almost There
02-05-2008, 14:22
Actually went to the Big Agnes website and they weigh the exact same-8oz. So material is the only difference....and I am wondering now just how much. My guess is almost zero difference except color, and the fact that one is $50 and the other is $15 right now at REI Outlet. Think I'll order the older one and check it out, if it doesn't work I can always return it, and if it does work??? Then I save $35 on a footprint.

margo
02-05-2008, 18:58
Man! I wish I saw that! :(