PDA

View Full Version : Sgt Rock on Webslueths

Burnt Boots
02-05-2008, 13:50
I've been reading Stumpknocker's Journal and he seems to be taking his time and enjoying the hike. I hope I can do that well when I try it.
Best of luck to Sgt. Rock.

Hey all, just FYI some nitwit busybody over on Websleuths has gotten it into her silly head that Sgt Rock... is Gary Hilton's accomplice and is making repeated calls to sheriffs offices with those accusations.

Linky http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59843

Alligator
02-05-2008, 14:00
Hey all, just FYI some nitwit busybody over on Websleuths has gotten it into her silly head that Sgt Rock... is Gary Hilton's accomplice and is making repeated calls to sheriffs offices with those accusations.

Linky http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59843 Is that the correct link?

Burnt Boots
02-05-2008, 14:09
Is that the correct link?
Sorry, no it is this one: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58387

It's titled "John and Irene Bryant-NC ( 1 2 3 4)), stated by SuzyQ

Frolicking Dinosaurs
02-05-2008, 14:14
The user name is 'Truly' and it on this page:John and Irene Bryant-NC - Page 4 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community (http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1964886#post1964886)

Alligator
02-05-2008, 14:22
Truly an idiot:datz.

generoll
02-05-2008, 14:29
good grief!

Burnt Boots
02-05-2008, 14:32

Linky http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59843
I wonder if crazylady's calls were the reason the sheriff stopped him back on the 14th? It's mentioned is his TJ here http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?id=214695

Frolicking Dinosaurs
02-05-2008, 14:37
I seriously doubt it. Most LEOs consider reports from websleuths to be unreliable at best. I am steamed they are sullying Rock's name. Rock was serving Uncle Sam in Iraq and Wisconsin when several of the murders in question happened.

Burnt Boots
02-05-2008, 14:37
Truly an idiot:datz.

For anyone having trouble with my link, here is the first accusation she made:

"Anybody notice the photo and comments of Sgt Rock in sweetmop's link? I am seriously wondering if Hilton doesn't have some very creepy old pals out there.

The caption under the extremely weird Sgt Rock photo says: "A Cop career ain't healthy" Something is not right here. The Sgt Rock who is on trailjournals did not post all weekend. He is the guy who was planning to hike the entire Appalachain Trail beginning in the end of January, but suddenly decided to leave on Jan 4th from Georgia, the day Meredith was discovered. I think Hilton had accomplices."

:rolleyes:

Ignoring posts from people pointing out the absurdity of her claims, she next said this:

"I am glad that I have mentioned Sgt Rock to a detective in the Union County Sheriff's office twice in the past couple of weeks."

AND this:

"The 'real' Sgt Rock says he lives in Maryville, TN. The Asheville Citizen-Times records his ISP location as Kingsport,TN. 'Creepy' Sgt Rock claims to be posting from Lake James. 'Real' Sgt Rock claims to be posting from the AT. Which is it? Call the Union County Sheriff if you know."

Jan LiteShoe
02-05-2008, 14:43
Ha. Dixie, better warn Rock he might be getting a "visit."
It will make a good trail story, anyways.
Passing the hat for bail money...
:)

Frolicking Dinosaurs
02-05-2008, 14:45
They're out doing Rock's resupply in Cherokee.... I'm tempted to text them -- if I can quit laughing.

Burnt Boots
02-05-2008, 14:54
I seriously doubt it. Most LEOs consider reports from websleuths to be unreliable at best.
I had a really negative experience on that site last year when there was an unsolved murder in my area. My experience was that the site is populated almost exclusively by catty, gossipy, busybody, middleaged women who have made the site pretty much their whole life.

When I was there last year, the biggest and most popular thread was the one defending the right of the obese to monopolize all of the "mobility scooters" at Walmart. It was quite telling that 99% of the regulars there angrily attacked the one person who said something to the effect of "those scooters are there for disabled folks, not people who are just too fat to walk around the store". Gave me a "visual" on who's on the other end of the keyboard, not a pretty thought. :eek: I also noticed that they are extremely clannish and catty to "outsiders".

YMMV, just commenting on my personal experience there.

p.s. Oh and they were NO help w/the case, just a bunch of middle-aged Nancy Drews with no clue. They did make a lot of crazy accusations though and when one fixates on a "supect" it's like a mob mentality with them all spending every waking hour trying to dig up dirt on people and flinging wild, unsubstantiated accusations.

Jan LiteShoe
02-05-2008, 14:58
Hey! Don't be cracking on middle-aged women, now!
;-)

Websleuths was combing Trailjournals for awhile, and had picked out poor Mala as a possible, since he hiked with a dog and hung out near the Trail. To their credit, someone sensible there quickly dismissed that idea with a couple photos (Mala in his rainbow long johns in the Damascus TD Parade, LOL) and said he looked like a harmless hippy-type. ;-)

Sounds like WB-er is over there anyway, injecting some realistic knowledge of the community.

Burnt Boots
02-05-2008, 15:13
;-)Yer right, sorry. :) I just got this "icky" feeling there, that they all fancy themselves to be that, who is that, the plump older woman who is always solving crimes on TV, can't think of her name. Except that they are all 400 pounders who do nothing all day but sit there eating Ho-Hos and angrily banging away on their keyboards. Not meaning to imply that they all ARE like that, that was just the "visual" I came away with of the typical websleuther.

d'shadow
02-05-2008, 15:19
I feel for the men who will be on trail this season. With busy bodies seeing a Hilton behind every tree, there will be many good guys who will be treated badly. I cannot believe someone so ignorant would accuse SGT Rock of something without knowing the facts. Isn't that slander? Libel? My first reaction is, " HOw dare they!" Dixiecriter, Let me know if I can do anything to assist.

take-a-knee
02-05-2008, 15:20
Well, I'm not so sure myself, you never can tell about those ex-military types, they aren't always what they say they are, the reason I say that is several ultra-reliable WB'ers have assured me that is the case:-?

jesse
02-05-2008, 15:29
she was right to call the sheriff, wrong, and irresponsible to blast it over the internet.

doggiebag
02-05-2008, 15:40
It can't be ... Sgt. Rock is so short - he can't even steal candy from a baby.
Sorry folks ... just couldn't resist.

Burnt Boots
02-05-2008, 15:43
she was right to call the sheriff, wrong, and irresponsible to blast it over the internet.Why was she "right" to call the sheriff? NO WHERE has it EVER been suggested that Hilton had "an accomplice". He was arrested almost a month ago and has been in jail every since. The only thing the cops are looking for now are bodies...not "accomplices" :rolleyes:

So why is this twit calling the cops on thru-hikers now?

Appalachian Tater
02-05-2008, 15:47
For anyone having trouble with my link, here is the first accusation she made:

"Anybody notice the photo and comments of Sgt Rock in sweetmop's link? I am seriously wondering if Hilton doesn't have some very creepy old pals out there.

The caption under the extremely weird Sgt Rock photo says: "A Cop career ain't healthy" Something is not right here. The Sgt Rock who is on trailjournals did not post all weekend. He is the guy who was planning to hike the entire Appalachain Trail beginning in the end of January, but suddenly decided to leave on Jan 4th from Georgia, the day Meredith was discovered. I think Hilton had accomplices."

:rolleyes:

Ignoring posts from people pointing out the absurdity of her claims, she next said this:

"I am glad that I have mentioned Sgt Rock to a detective in the Union County Sheriff's office twice in the past couple of weeks."

AND this:

"The 'real' Sgt Rock says he lives in Maryville, TN. The Asheville Citizen-Times records his ISP location as Kingsport,TN. 'Creepy' Sgt Rock claims to be posting from Lake James. 'Real' Sgt Rock claims to be posting from the AT. Which is it? Call the Union County Sheriff if you know."

This is amazingly funny as long as it doesn't cause problems for Sgt. Rock.

I seriously doubt that any law enforcement people are bothering to investigate "leads" on accomplices.

doggiebag
02-05-2008, 15:54
They're out doing Rock's resupply in Cherokee.... I'm tempted to text them -- if I can quit laughing.
This could very well be the start of another classic thread - :banana
The silliness of the acqusation needs to be taken for what it is - just plain funny. It could also work to teach the paranoid non-hiking types that the hiking community is filled with the ranks of veterans that deserve respect not fear based on recent unfortunate events. It is funny because of it's obsurdity.

Alligator
02-05-2008, 15:58
Definitely a moron. The Sgt Rock at the Ashville Citizen-Times is not our SGT Rock. Unless Rock's been posting all day to the CT:rolleyes:. If Truly had half a clue she could have figured this out.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
02-05-2008, 15:59
I know. I couldn't decide whether to put this thread in trail concerns or trail humor... but since the thread it points to at the other site is serious.......

Tipi Walter
02-05-2008, 16:05
I confess that I did spend some time with Sgt Rock on the trail recently and so I guess for a few minutes I was his "accomplice" and dang guilty of nearly anything. He seemed to think my main offense was carrying an ungodly heavy pack and almost said as much as he tilted his head back laughing while eating ramen noodles and broccoli. Very peculiar.

My mug shot is not encouraging(especially since the Rock took it), but as a short term sidekick to Sgt Rock, I guess it's all starting to make sense now.

PS The dog in the background was our lookout.

John B
02-05-2008, 16:07

This could very well be the start of another classic thread - :banana
The silliness of the acqusation needs to be taken for what it is - just plain funny. It could also work to teach the paranoid non-hiking types that the hiking community is filled with the ranks of veterans that deserve respect not fear based on recent unfortunate events. It is funny because of it's obsurdity.

I really disagree about it being funny. I'll bet that Dixi doesn't appreciate her husband's name being linked to total scum like GMH and one of the worst crimes commited on the AT; I bet that Sgt Rock wouldn't think it would be funny to be questioned by a cop investigating a serial murderer. I can't think of any possible way that I would be amused at being stopped and questioned by a detective following up a "lead" supplied by some dumbazz that he might be an accomplice.

No one finds it 'funny' to be questioned by the IRS just like there is no such thing as "minor surgery" to the person under the knife.

jesse
02-05-2008, 16:18
Why was she "right" to call the sheriff?

For all we know she had an honest suspension. Call the cops, and let them sort it out. No harm no foul. What was wrong is blurting her thoughts on a blog, with no evidence to back it up.

Jan LiteShoe
02-05-2008, 16:20
I really disagree about it being funny. I'll bet that Dixi doesn't appreciate her husband's name being linked to total scum like GMH and one of the worst crimes commited on the AT; I bet that Sgt Rock wouldn't think it would be funny to be questioned by a cop investigating a serial murderer. I can't think of any possible way that I would be amused at being stopped and questioned by a detective following up a "lead" supplied by some dumbazz that he might be an accomplice.

No one finds it 'funny' to be questioned by the IRS just like there is no such thing as "minor surgery" to the person under the knife.

I reckon we'll find out when Rock weighs in eventually.
My money is on the "amused" horse.

Appalachian Tater
02-05-2008, 16:21

What would be funny is if Sgt. Rock went to a sheriff's office to turn himself in because he heard that some busybody on websleuths suspected him and he wanted to clear his name.

Would they be required to question him?

Rain Man
02-05-2008, 16:22
I just KNEW that clean-cut, patriotic, "SGT Rock" persona was too good to be true!!!
:D:D:D
Rain:sunMan

Jan LiteShoe
02-05-2008, 16:24
;-)

Yer right, sorry. :)

All right then.
Some of my best friends are middle-aged women.
:sun

mudhead
02-05-2008, 16:25
Must be the hippy beard thing he was threatening.

Jan LiteShoe
02-05-2008, 16:26
My mug shot is not encouraging(especially since the Rock took it), but as a short term sidekick to Sgt Rock, I guess it's all starting to make sense now.

PS The dog in the background was our lookout.

I'd say that would be worth a call.
You both have funny hats.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
02-05-2008, 16:27
Well, a cursory investigation would reveal that Sgt Rock was in Iraq, Wisconsin, and Kentucky when some of the crimes were committed. When Emerson when missing he was home driving his wife nuts because he had Springer fever so bad.... what good is an accomplice that's never around to help? :D

Burnt Boots
02-05-2008, 16:29
What would be funny is if Sgt. Rock went to a sheriff's office to turn himself in What would be even funnier is if Rock and Dixie sued this twit for libel. :D

Chaco Taco
02-05-2008, 16:31
With so many LEO being hikers anyway, they probably disregarded this woman because there is someone that knows him or of him.
What a weirdo:rolleyes:

doggiebag
02-05-2008, 16:35
Well, a cursory investigation would reveal that Sgt Rock was in Iraq, Wisconsin, and Kentucky when some of the crimes were committed. When Emerson when missing he was home driving his wife nuts because he had Springer fever so bad.... what good is an accomplice that's never around to help? :D
Or one that looks like they just barely made it out of puberty - an imposing stature is usually required for an accomplice. :D

Frolicking Dinosaurs
02-05-2008, 16:36
I confess that I did spend some time with Sgt Rock on the trail recently and so I guess for a few minutes I was his "accomplice" and dang guilty of nearly anything. He seemed to think my main offense was carrying an ungodly heavy pack and almost said as much as he tilted his head back laughing while eating ramen noodles and broccoli. Very peculiar.

PS The dog in the background was our lookout.Wonder what Hilton looks like with a beard? :D (this is a complete and total spoof of the wacko thinking over at webslueths - I know Tipi - he is a serial camper, not a serial killer)

Burnt Boots
02-05-2008, 16:37
Just did a little check on "Truly's other posts. She is big on bashing the military, especially the marines...

Lone Wolf
02-05-2008, 16:39
Just did a little check on "Truly's other posts. She is big on bashing the military, especially the marines...

must be one of them Code Pink, cindy sheehan wenches

HikerRanky
02-05-2008, 18:26
But I did sleep in a hammock last night :-)

Seriously, it seems to me that this person at the other site is guilty of slander or libel....

Randy

hammock engineer
02-05-2008, 18:42
Luckily people living around the trail that I saw were not as bad as this person. I was off trail when it happened, but back on while they were still looking for him. People were still really nice to me. I think and hope most people around the trail will keep that going.

I do think in some areas (New England comes to mind) there might be some issues. Then again they were not the friendliest anyways.

hammock engineer
02-05-2008, 18:56
I can't believe I just went over and read all the crap. That definitly has me laughing. Here it is all the same old gear or trail talk. Over there they moved onto full slandering and calling the police over everything. Definitly people that need to step back from the PC and do something.

GGS2
02-05-2008, 20:47
All right then.
Some of my best friends are middle-aged women.
:sun

Un Hunh... I could never figure out when middle age begins. I don't know you, ma'am, but I would have thought most of your friends would be younger than that. Now, me, I know I'm old, 'cause I feel it in my bones.

dixicritter
02-05-2008, 21:09
This is the stupidest idea I've ever heard in my entire life. Thank you Dino for splitting this nonsense off of Rock's hike thread! It actually pisses me off that this bull**** was ever posted there in the first damn place!:mad:

take-a-knee
02-05-2008, 21:15

In that case she should find plenty of marxist-minded comrades here at WB! Right Darwin? You still evolving man?

dixicritter
02-05-2008, 21:29
Oh yeah, forgot to mention the obvious... Our SGT Rock doesn't post to the Ashville whatever... Duhhh. I read that other guy's posts... OMG so not Rock's style at all, obviously an imposter.:rolleyes:

CaseyB
02-05-2008, 21:36
So the 'websleuth' did all her 'detective work' online? Sound like her suspect list was limited to the folks who had a trailjournal up (Rock, Mala). Funny and dumb to us, bad for the falsely accused if someone has only heard one side of the story.

Montego
02-05-2008, 21:51
http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3235&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1202091634 (http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3235&d=1202091634)

Well, got to admit Sgt Rock IS a Person Of Interest :D

Seriously, I have great respect for Sgt Rock and all that he has done, both for the AT and for my country. I look forward to, hopefully, meeting Sgt Rock and Dixi this year. :)

dixicritter
02-05-2008, 21:55
Lucky for Rock he's got good alibis. The US Army... Me... Our Sons... :rolleyes: Yeah real bright cookie there... They can keep that crap over there too, WB is NOT websleuth, jr.

dixicritter
02-05-2008, 21:57
http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3235&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1202091634 (http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3235&d=1202091634)

Well, got to admit Sgt Rock IS a Person Of Interest :D

Seriously, I have great respect for Sgt Rock and all that he has done, both for the AT and for my country. I look forward to, hopefully, meeting Sgt Rock and Dixi this year. :)

LOL... that's one dorky hat he's wearing. He's lucky I love him! ;):D

Thanks Montego!

Alligator
02-05-2008, 22:01
Is that some kind of growth?

Skidsteer
02-05-2008, 22:01
LOL... that's one dorky hat he's wearing. He's lucky I love him! ;):D

Thanks Montego!

Looks like he's got an Eagle feather under there.

All he needs is to rig an LED to the top of it and the Websleuths will be filing UFO reports. :D

dixicritter
02-05-2008, 22:45
Is that some kind of growth?

Looks like he's got an Eagle feather under there.

All he needs is to rig an LED to the top of it and the Websleuths will be filing UFO reports. :D

LMAO... you guys are funny. I'm gonna suggest those to him.

He's definitely NOT a slave to fashion that's for sure!!! http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/laughing013.gif

Heater
02-05-2008, 23:37
LMAO... you guys are funny. I'm gonna suggest those to him.

He's definitely NOT a slave to fashion that's for sure!!! http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/laughing013.gif

I think he was just happy to see Tipi Walter. :banana:D

Burnt Boots
02-06-2008, 00:05
The admins over at Websleuths are now frantically deleting posts.

Burnt Boots
02-06-2008, 02:14
Here is her latest dumbass post:

Today, 12:52 AM by Truly

whiteblaze...whiteblaze...hmmmm...Is that the website that had lots of hikers posting about their encounters with Hilton when it suddenly shut down and was replaced by a giant hand and some foul language? And when it came back up, many of the posts in Meredith's thread had been deleted?

This silly twit seems to have a major mental problem.

Pokey2006
02-06-2008, 02:39
I don't get it. One psycho killer in jail isn't enough? Solving the crime isn't enough? Finding the bodies and giving the families closure isn't enough? They need to point the finger at more "suspects?" How many people do they want serving time for one man's crime? I could see people freaking out if there was still a killer on the loose, but it's pretty clear that they have their man...so I don't get why these people (on the other site) are even discussing this at all.

Montego
02-06-2008, 02:46
I don't get it. One psycho killer in jail isn't enough? Solving the crime isn't enough? Finding the bodies and giving the families closure isn't enough? They need to point the finger at more "suspects?" How many people do they want serving time for one man's crime? I could see people freaking out if there was still a killer on the loose, but it's pretty clear that they have their man...so I don't get why these people (on the other site) are even discussing this at all.

It's known as the Salem Witch Trials (version 2008) :D

Rockhound
02-06-2008, 03:00
the co-owner of Whiteblaze an accomplice? This sounds more like a movie on Lifetime. one geared towards those shapely small town gossipy gals. This ranks right up there with conspiracy theories such as the JFK assassination, the fake moon landing, Roswell, etc...

Pokey2006
02-06-2008, 03:13
You jest, I laugh, but it seriously is eerily like those Salem witch trials...starting with the catty, bored, sexually frustrated girls/women and ending with the destruction of innocent lives.

Montego
02-06-2008, 03:23
You jest, I laugh, but it seriously is eerily like those Salem witch trials...starting with the catty, bored, sexually frustrated girls/women and ending with the destruction of innocent lives.

Yep. Couldn't have said it better. Hopefully, those with power will be better informed and have more common sense than those of old.

camojack
02-06-2008, 04:45
How'd they let you get away? Especially since you live there.

KIDDING!!! :D

Marta
02-06-2008, 08:04
This is somewhere between horrifying and hilarious. Sgt. Rock? I suppose his personal website, Trail Journal, and Whiteblaze presences are smokescreens? Not to mention his in-person appearances in so many places, including a fairly well-documented life in the Army.

To bring in something from some other threads, though...this is why vigilante justice is NOT a good idea.

Gray Blazer
02-06-2008, 08:32
He seemed to think my main offense was carrying an ungodly heavy pack and almost said as much as he tilted his head back laughing while eating ramen noodles and broccoli. Very peculiar
That's funny stuff.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
02-06-2008, 08:35
I attempted to join Webslueths yesterday to clear Rock's name. They denied my membership. Seems they would rather cook up their half-baked truths rather than get to the truth. No wonder LEOs consider them a joke and pretty much ignore any 'tips' they provide.

I attended a state FOP dinner last week (he-dino is retired from management in the nuclear security field and was a federal LEO as part of his job). While there, I asked several long-term LEOs (mostly major crime investigators and detectives including several from GBI, TBI and FBI) about Webslueths. After they quit laughing, this is what I heard: 'loonies', 'nutcases', 'wannabe cops', 'a bane to real law enforcement', 'feed the general hysteria around major crimes', 'worse than worthless'.

Mala, Rock & Dixi, I wouldn't worry about these people are saying - no one takes them seriously outside their own little closed group. Google them - they are the butt of jokes all over the web for a variety of gaffs similar to the one we have witnessed.

dixicritter
02-06-2008, 08:37
This is somewhere between horrifying and hilarious. Sgt. Rock? I suppose his personal website, Trail Journal, and Whiteblaze presences are smokescreens? Not to mention his in-person appearances in so many places, including a fairly well-documented life in the Army.

To bring in something from some other threads, though...this is why vigilante justice is NOT a good idea.

Yeah, considering I happen to know exactly where SGT Rock was the night Meredith disappeared... I have no concern if the police wish to ask me about it, I'm not worried. Trolls beware... bannings will begin. :cool:

Gray Blazer
02-06-2008, 08:37
the co-owner of Whiteblaze an accomplice? This sounds more like a movie on Lifetime. one geared towards those shapely small town gossipy gals. This ranks right up there with conspiracy theories such as the JFK assassination, the fake moon landing, Roswell, etc...

Now that you mention it. Where was ATtroll when this all went down? Rick?

dixicritter
02-06-2008, 08:40
Now that you mention it. Where was ATtroll when this all went down? Rick?

Not funny dude... :p

dixicritter
02-06-2008, 08:48
I attempted to join Webslueths yesterday to clear Rock's name. They denied my membership. Seems they would rather cook up their half-baked truths rather than get to the truth. No wonder LEOs consider them a joke and pretty much ignore any 'tips' they provide.

I attended a state FOP dinner last week (he-dino is retired from management in the nuclear security field and was a federal LEO as part of his job). While there, I asked several long-term LEOs (mostly major crime investigators and detectives including several from GBI, TBI and FBI) about Webslueths. After they quit laughing, this is what I heard: 'loonies', 'nutcases', 'wannabe cops', 'a bane to real law enforcement', 'feed the general hysteria around major crimes', 'worse than worthless'.

Mala, Rock & Dixi, I wouldn't worry about these people are saying - no one takes them seriously outside their own little closed group. Google them - they are the butt of jokes all over the web for a variety of gaffs similar to the one we have witnessed.

Doesn't surprise me one bit. Like I said, I'm not worried about them at all.

*Rant*

I was just pissed me off to see that sort of crap invade Rock's hike thread. Guess I figure folks deserve a little more respect than to have their threads taken over with character assassinations like that, especially when the crap ain't even true. Want to "alert us" about some garbage like that? Start your own damn thread is all I'm saying.

*end rant*

Thank you for listening. :sun

MOWGLI
02-06-2008, 08:56
I attended a state FOP dinner last week....

The only FOP member I personally know makes Barney Fife look like William J. Bratton. :p And some people think there are no goobers in New York. I'm here to tell you otherwise.

Jim Adams
02-06-2008, 09:03
checked out the site...what a bunch of a**holes!

geek

warren doyle
02-06-2008, 09:11
Websleuths? WB Internegators?

John B
02-06-2008, 09:18

Evidently this lady didn't find it terribly amusing. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58653

Frolicking Dinosaurs
02-06-2008, 09:19
Now that you mention it. Where was ATtroll when this all went down? Rick?Since Rick lives and works in Maine..... unless GMH is providing a private jet.... yeah, that's the ticket.... websleuths needs to let me in... see, i could fit in :D

doggiebag
02-06-2008, 13:05
Since Rick lives and works in Maine..... unless GMH is providing a private jet.... yeah, that's the ticket.... websleuths needs to let me in... see, i could fit in :D
We still haven't found our truck! Security cameras have 2 hairy bearded individuals pictured below ... any help from websleuths would be greatly appreciated.
http://whiteblaze.net/forum/vbg/files/1/1/8/9/9/dscn2699.jpg (http://whiteblaze.net/forum/vbg/showimage.php?i=21102&original=1&c=member&imageuser=11899)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kusgr5z-RFw

Frolicking Dinosaurs
02-06-2008, 13:08
The one on the left is Lone Wolf. Don't know the one on the right.

Two Speed
02-06-2008, 13:37
The one on the left is Lone Wolf. Don't know the one on the right.And they denied you membership in Websleuths? :confused:

jlb2012
02-06-2008, 13:39
The one on the right strongly resembles Sunshine Butterfly ...

.... DUCK ....

max patch
02-06-2008, 13:41
The one on the left is Lone Wolf. Don't know the one on the right.

Thats Doyles driver heading to the next road crossing.

DesertMTB
02-06-2008, 13:50
Ridiculous. If those people are so interested in being detectives they should go to school and get a degree in criminal justice.

I thought I came across a photo of hilton on WB with a group of people at Plum Orchard Shelter, but I didn't say anything because I wasn't sure and didn't want to point the finger at someone when I could be wrong.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
02-06-2008, 13:58
And they denied you membership in Websleuths? :confused:Yeah, crazy, isn't it? I can make up stuff as well as anybody and put my wild imagination into overdrive and then show the proof via photoshop. I think they're just jealous :D

doggiebag
02-06-2008, 14:02
Yeah, crazy, isn't it? I can make up stuff as well as anybody and put my wild imagine into overdrive and then show the proof via photoshop. I think they're just jealous :D
This place will break down into Anarchy without proper supervision. No need for you to stray. A lot of WB'ers are not exactly house broken (myself included). :eek:

Frolicking Dinosaurs
02-06-2008, 14:32
While I am making light of this situation, these nutjobs have done some damage. They profiled Mala and got him harassed by LEOs before Hilton was found. Mala, for those who have never met him, is about 4" shorter than Hilton and has a stocky build instead of Hilton's skinny build. Mala's elderly dog is black, not young and red like Hiltons. Mala drives a pick-up with a camper top instead of a white van. You 2008 thrus can thank the nutjobs at websleuths for Mala not providing any trail magic this year.

Burnt Boots
02-06-2008, 14:33
I attempted to join Webslueths yesterday to clear Rock's name. They denied my membership.
I was denied also. Did they give you a reason? They refused to answer me when I asked why I was denied...

cowboy nichols
02-06-2008, 14:35
I was denied also. Did they give you a reason? They refused to answer me when I asked why I was denied...
Maybe you aren't good at passing as A FAT OLD WOMAN:banana:banana:eek::eek:

Frolicking Dinosaurs
02-06-2008, 14:36
So far, I haven't gotten a reply. {editted to add - I did get a very nice reply - their admin was not aware this was going on and fixed it)

DesertMTB
02-06-2008, 14:37
I was denied at first. Then used my military email and got a reply back saying they would let me in because I am in the military.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
02-06-2008, 14:37
Maybe you aren't good at passing as A FAT OLD WOMAN:banana:banana:eek::eek:Perhaps not, but I am a fat old woman (though no where near 400 lbs)

dixicritter
02-06-2008, 14:40
I was denied at first. Then used my military email and got a reply back saying they would let me in because I am in the military.

Maybe I should try joining, I have a military email address. :D

Frolicking Dinosaurs
02-06-2008, 14:42
I was denied at first. Then used my military email and got a reply back saying they would let me in because I am in the military.Well, I have a LEO email I could try...... :D

John B
02-06-2008, 14:43
Incredible. When anyone from here tries to point out their obvious mistakes, we're banned:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59904

Gray Blazer
02-06-2008, 14:47
While I am making light of this situation, these nutjobs have done some damage. They profiled Mala and got him harassed by LEOs before Hilton was found. Mala, for those who have never met him, is about 4" shorter than Hilton and has a stocky build instead of Hilton's skinny build. Mala's elderly dog is black, not young and red like Hiltons. Mala drives a pick-up with a camper top instead of a white van. You 2008 thrus can thank the nutjobs at websleuths for Mala not providing any trail magic this year.

Mala's a NICE guy!!:)

Two Speed
02-06-2008, 14:48
'Kay, starting my career as a junior WeBsleuth I deduct that not only do you need to be a fat old woman, but you've also got to have a military and/or LEO e-mail address in order to join Websleuths!

warraghiyagey
02-06-2008, 14:55
Is it me or is this whole web slueths thing disturbingly pathetic, kind of the grown up version of toddlers pretending their cardboard box is a castle?

Marta
02-06-2008, 15:02
...pretending their cardboard box is a castle?

Nice image! Good use of the language, man.

doggiebag
02-06-2008, 15:02
Well, I have a LEO email I could try...... :D
Anarchy! Anarchy! Anarchy! ...
::Team Doggiebag starts going through his list of trolling thread subjects::
Possible threads to start:
How do I fix the leak on my thermarest inflatable sheep?
Hippies I've known and wish I hadn't ...
Is a toothbrush really necessary?
The Wildcowboy has a viable schedule.

Anarchy! Anarchy!
Dont bother with that site ... we're banned :eek:
http://www.geocities.com/SouthBeach/1285/sheep.jpg

warraghiyagey
02-06-2008, 15:03
Nice image! Good use of the language, man.
I wonder how many of them have introduced themselves at least once as private investigators.:rolleyes:

Frolicking Dinosaurs
02-06-2008, 15:04
Is it me or is this whole web slueths thing disturbingly pathetic, kind of the grown up version of toddlers pretending their cardboard box is a castle?You've pretty much nailed it. If they weren't causing problems for people like the lady whose tag was stolen and Mala, I'd just laugh at them and go on. However, the word needs to get out that these people are not remotely trustworthy so that LEOs everywhere will know not to take these nutjobs seriously.

Gray Blazer
02-06-2008, 15:04
Doggiebag, you're kinky. Now go drink your woolite.

dixicritter
02-06-2008, 15:07
I just sent websleuth's an email telling them I want all posts accusing SGT Rock of being an accomplice to Gary Hilton to come down immediately.

Marta
02-06-2008, 15:10
I just sent websleuth's an email telling them I want all posts accusing SGT Rock of being an accomplice to Gary Hilton to come down immediately.

Good job! I think that sort of speculation goes way beyond the humorous into the libelous. Maybe you and the Sgt. could finance another hike for him with the proceeds of a civil suit?:rolleyes:

Gray Blazer
02-06-2008, 15:17
I'll be a character witness for you and Rock. Teacher's make great witnesses because they are so honest.;) Besides, I'm eternally grateful to y'all because you are the only ones to ever buy one of my pics.:sun

DesertMTB
02-06-2008, 15:36
Maybe I should try joining, I have a military email address. :D

I got a reply by someone named Jeana. Here is what she said:

"Unfortunately, we're unable to accept registrations from those with Yahoo/AOL/Gmail/Hotmail and some others as we cannot track IP addresses for those accounts. However, I noticed that you're in the military? If that's the case, I'll make an exception for you and allow you to register.
Jeana"

dixicritter
02-06-2008, 15:40
I got a reply by someone named Jeana. Here is what she said:

"Unfortunately, we're unable to accept registrations from those with Yahoo/AOL/Gmail/Hotmail and some others as we cannot track IP addresses for those accounts. However, I noticed that you're in the military? If that's the case, I'll make an exception for you and allow you to register.
Jeana"

Which is utter horse crap. They are using Vbulletin just like we are, the software tracks IP addresses based on the ISP and the computer you use not based on your email address. They are about clueless.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
02-06-2008, 15:42
..... They are about clueless.Like that was in question before this.

DAKS
02-06-2008, 15:43
do you think they will let me join if i tell them i am a big fan of reno 911 and cops?:-?:D

dixicritter
02-06-2008, 15:43
Like that was in question before this.

Nope none at all. ;)

Burnt Boots
02-06-2008, 16:07
Not much point in joining anyway. They are apparently banning anyone who mentions Sgt Rock or Whiteblaze...

Funny that the site admin over there admits to staying up half the night last night banning people and deleting posts...I wonder if they are running scared of a libel suit. I would be, if I were them.

Roots
02-06-2008, 16:11
Not much point in joining anyway. They are apparently banning anyone who mentions Sgt Rock or Whiteblaze...

Funny that the site admin over there admits to staying up half the night last night banning people and deleting posts...I wonder if they are running scared of a libel suit. I would be, if I were them.
They should be...they're FOS!!

dixicritter
02-06-2008, 16:12
That's pretty funny considering the posts about SGT Rock being an accomplice to Hilton are still up on their site.

DesertMTB
02-06-2008, 16:15
That's pretty funny considering the posts about SGT Rock being an accomplice to Hilton are still up on their site.

Hey dixi, let us know if you get a response about them taking the SGT Rock posts down.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
02-06-2008, 16:16
Paging all the attorneys on this site..... :D

troglobil
02-06-2008, 16:17
I told you a while ago what morons some of them were.

Rain Man
02-06-2008, 16:26

I don't know anything about that site. Don't even know if they have a legitimate physical address. But if they do and if you'd like, I'd be happy to send them a friendly howdy-do letter... on my lawyer letterhead, that is. Recommending they see the light and take SGT Rock's name off the site and post a prominent apology.

Can't promise that it'll catch their interest, but it might. Perhaps if all the WhiteBlaze attorneys sent such letters?

Rain:sunMan

Frolicking Dinosaurs
02-06-2008, 16:39
Apparently they really are somewhat dense - I mean, leaving this stuff up on your site for at least 24 hours after you know it is false - it is just inviting someone to seek a legal solution.

Cuffs
02-06-2008, 16:39
WARNING:going to ruffle feathers.

1. I have met Rock and love all he has done for our country.
2. I dont like what others on that other place are saying about him

however... wasnt there a recent discussion here on WB about free speech and all? About taking away the political forums... Well, arent they privleged to the same laws?

I understand that what they are saying is horrible and do not agree with it one bit. but how can we sit here and have this "do as I say, not as I do" attitude?

Theres alot of people here guilty of the same behavior that slueths is doing... just go read any of the Hilton threads... we all summized what he did, may have done and linked him to 50 other crimes that we knew nothing about.

I think you all have your panties in a wad and need to dup up your own butts and pull them out.

Yes, they made a personal attack on someone we all know, respect and care for, but who are we to say they dont have free speech either....

Sorry for the rant.

Appalachian Tater
02-06-2008, 16:43
One person on that website said some stupid things, and someone who knows Sgt. Rock immediately told her about him and how ridiculous the accusations were. What was said does not appear to be actionable libel.

I have seen internet vigilantism here on WhiteBlaze that was more severe, if not quite as absurd. Those threads are still in place, though visible only to members.

I do not think anyone has a right to complain for not being allowed to join websleuths.com if they are going there for a single purpose unrelated to the mission of the website.

Burnt Boots
02-06-2008, 16:44
Yes, they made a personal attack on someone we all know, respect and care for, but who are we to say they dont have free speech either....

Libel and slander are not "free speech"

Frolicking Dinosaurs
02-06-2008, 16:44
Cuffs, you are entitled to your opinion, but the law does protect people from being harmed by false info being posted. Proving the harm might be difficult in Sgt Rock and Mala's case - proving Hilton was harmed by the conjecture here would be darn near impossible. Hilton was the subject of speculation all over the web and elsewhere - Rock and Mala weren't - they are only hot topics at websleuth's site.

Burnt Boots
02-06-2008, 16:48
One person on that website said some stupid things, and someone who knows Sgt. Rock immediately told her about him and how ridiculous the accusations were.
Can anyone who has managed to join the site confirm that the hiker who tried to educate people about WB and Sgt Rock has in fact been banned?

Appalachian Tater
02-06-2008, 16:50
Can anyone who has managed to join the site confirm that the hiker who tried to educate people about WB and Sgt Rock has in fact been banned? Her posts are still visible. Since she has made almost 500 posts on that site, it is doubtful that she joined recently.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1965807

sweetmop (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/member.php?u=3746) http://www.websleuths.com/forums/images/statusicon/user_online.gif

Gee Truly, you need to calm down! What is the matter with you? You called Union County Sheriff dept.??? Why?

For your information Ernie Engman, Sgt. Rock, is a much loved and well known man! There is nothing creepy about him!

Maybe you should read all of his posts at the Asheville Citizen Times web site. THEY KNOW WHO HE IS! Anyone who's done any local hiking workshops knows him!

He is a family man, has a wife, 2 young sons, and returned recently from his 2nd tour of duty in Iraq!

You should read and educate yourself on things before you start making judgments and calling in law enforcement! Good grief!
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/images/buttons/quote.gif (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=1966146)

Native New Yorker (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/member.php?u=25704) http://www.websleuths.com/forums/images/statusicon/user_offline.gif

I doubt that LE was troubled by the call...they probably just think we are a bunch of silly little old ladies on these boards....
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/images/buttons/quote.gif (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=1966222)

Alligator
02-06-2008, 16:51
The folks over at Webslueths can say whatever they like according to their own TOS. However, when even a cursory examination of the information quickly discounts a crackpot theory, one should expect some ribbing. AFAIK, there was never any mention of an accomplice. That was something dreamed up by people who supposedly have a little skill in what they are doing. To take that to the point of calling the police? Twice? They can say what they want, but if it's proven untrue, they ought to fix it.

Cuffs
02-06-2008, 16:51
Libel and slander are not "free speech"

there was no slander, only libel.. and thats if you really pushed the issue. I have looked thru the subject site and some (not all) has been removed. I would think that after being told of the issue, they are int he process of still locating and removing all references.

But again, this site (WB) is just as guilty as any other for doing the same thing. I just dont like seeing the "I can do this, but you cant" 'tudes.

Cuffs
02-06-2008, 16:53
Just because some WB'er tells their Admin that they have posted errant info, how are they to know what the WB'er has to say is true? Just because it is stated, does not mean it is true. Just as with any other site or email you may receive.

Spirit Walker
02-06-2008, 16:56
It is truly frightening that there is so little defense possible against malicious lies posted on the internet. Free speech, maybe, but it is still lies and it is still harmful. A lot of people don't think twice about maligning others. They should. Lawsuits are an extreme response, but sometimes justified.

Burnt Boots
02-06-2008, 16:58
Her posts are still visible. Actually I was talking about Pure Maple Syrup, that is the one who tried to tell them that Sgt Rock was the owner of WB and how absurd the allegations were. All of the posts he put up defending Rock and WB are gone and I got a PM that he was banned.

Alligator
02-06-2008, 16:58
Just because some WB'er tells their Admin that they have posted errant info, how are they to know what the WB'er has to say is true? Just because it is stated, does not mean it is true. Just as with any other site or email you may receive.Like I posted earlier, it is fairly obvious that Sgt Rock the poster at the citizen times and Sgt Rock of WB were two different people. Truly's aha moment came from that connection and she could have figured out that the two were different people. The newspaper poster has over 2000+ posts. This comparison is independent of someone at WB.

Burnt Boots
02-06-2008, 17:10
Feb 6, 2008, 4 pm EST.

The libelous posts are still on the site.

Appalachian Tater
02-06-2008, 17:11
http://www.topix.com/member/profile/sgtrock

Burnt Boots
02-06-2008, 18:05
I was just reading Websleuth's terms of service and came across this odd item:

"UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES EVER is it allowable to forward copies of ANY email or PM from ANY moderator, super moderator, administrator or owner of Websleuths to ANY person other than the recipient for which it was intended. We consider this to be one of the most important rules. Violation of this rule will terminate your membership at Websleuths immediately."

I've never run a forum, so I really have no idea...is this normal/typical/standard for forums? What is the reason for this rule and why is is "the most important" rule on that site?

Frolicking Dinosaurs
02-06-2008, 18:11
I have heard back from Websleuth moderator, Jeana. She gave me the same reason DesertMTB got for his first refusal. I explained that the ISP and computer info is available to them in the Admin panel

I explained the bashing to her in great detail and told her of the harm her site has done to people like Rock & Mala. Maybe it will do some good - maybe not.

TOW
02-06-2008, 18:56
The user name is 'Truly' and it on this page:John and Irene Bryant-NC - Page 4 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community (http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1964886#post1964886)
And just to think, alot of people go to jail for false accusations all the time. Truly is totally out of their mind..........

warren doyle
02-06-2008, 19:02
"truth and reality have no place at websleuths. It runs on lies, half-truths, speculation and innuendo. Without those things, that site is nothing."

I feel that the same can be said for a few regular WB posters.

Gray Blazer
02-06-2008, 19:04
"truth and reality have no place at websleuths. It runs on lies, half-truths, speculation and innuendo. Without those things, that site is nothing."

I feel that the same can be said for a few regular WB posters.

Oh, come on. Let's be positive. I love this website.

Jack Tarlin
02-06-2008, 19:24
Geez, Warren, the founder of this website is villified and libelled on another website, and all you have to say is that Whiteblaze operates the same way?

Well, if that's truly how you feel about Rock's website, or if you feel that what was done to Rock at Websleuths is no big deal, I have an excellent suggestion for you:

Go away.

warren doyle
02-06-2008, 19:27
It sure didn't take long to prove my point.

rickb
02-06-2008, 19:29
Not sure if Jack's last post is a half-truth, lie or innuendo.

I went to state schools.

Got to be one of the three, though.

Jack Tarlin
02-06-2008, 19:30
No, YOU proved the point in Post #133 above.

You're being an ass, Mr. Doyle, and in saying so, I'm not using half-truths, speculation, or innuendo.

Today, sir, you're being an ass, no question about it.

Lone Wolf
02-06-2008, 19:30
Geez, Warren, the founder of this website is villified and libelled on another website, and all you have to say is that Whiteblaze operates the same way?

Well, if that's truly how you feel about Rock's website, or if you feel that what was done to Rock at Websleuths is no big deal, I have an excellent suggestion for you:

Go away.

put warren on IGNORE. your blood pressure would go down

Lone Wolf
02-06-2008, 19:31
No, YOU proved the point in Post #133 above.

You're being an ass, Mr. Doyle, and in saying so, I'm not using half-truths, speculation, or innuendo.

IGNORE works great.

rickb
02-06-2008, 19:31
Man love gone bad.

splash1986
02-06-2008, 19:35
What kind of implications do yall think there will be for 2008 hikers? It seems like everyone is going to be paranoid of everyone, on or around the trail.

Skidsteer
02-06-2008, 19:37
What kind of implications do yall think there will be for 2008 hikers? It seems like everyone is going to be paranoid of everyone, on or around the trail.

Because of Websleuths?

dixicritter
02-06-2008, 19:37
I have gotten a very nice response from my email asking me to point out the inaccuracies which I have done in detail, and they have agreed to look into it and take any necessary action to correct the problem.

As for the free speech issue, this goes beyond that. I would not allow this sort of attack to happen here on WB either. Cuffs that conversation was in Committee and didn't need to be brought out here. Not cool.

splash1986
02-06-2008, 19:40
Because of Websleuths?

Not just b/c of websleuths, but about people in general being suspicious of hikers.

Jack Tarlin
02-06-2008, 19:40
A "very nice response", eh?

Yup. Mentioning the possibility of impending legal action tends to get that kind of immediate feedback!!

Nice work, Dix!! :D

Jack Tarlin
02-06-2008, 19:44
Hey, I just noticed I went over 8,000 posts today. :eek:

Since this post is about Rock, this is as good a place as any to thank him, Troll, and Dix for providing us with the best damned spot on the web to talk about the Appalachian Trail.

Hats off to all of you guys and thanx for everything you do!!

GGS2
02-06-2008, 19:44
IGNORE works great.

LOL! LMAO! :banana What! and miss all the excitement?? :datz

dixicritter
02-06-2008, 19:45
A "very nice response", eh?

Yup. Mentioning the possibility of impending legal action tends to get that kind of immediate feedback!!

Nice work, Dix!! :D

Oh I didn't even mention legal action, just told them I wanted the offending posts removed and who I was and who my husband was. Oh I might have also said that I didn't appreciate him being accused of being an accomplice of Gary Hilton's in the murder of Meredith Emerson.

Then I just thanked them in advance for their co-operation. :D

Jaybird62
02-06-2008, 19:45
Hey, I just noticed I went over 8,000 posts today. :eek:

Since this post is about Rock, this is as good a place as any to thank him, Troll, and Dix for providing us with the best damned spot on the web to talk about the Appalachian Trail.

Hats off to all of you guys and thanx for everything you do!!
That's right!:sun

Burnt Boots
02-06-2008, 20:12
Oh I didn't even mention legal action, just told them I wanted the offending posts removed and who I was and who my husband was. Oh I might have also said that I didn't appreciate him being accused of being an accomplice of Gary Hilton's in the murder of Meredith Emerson.

Then I just thanked them in advance for their co-operation. :D
Hmm, looks like they just moved the entire thread...somewhere. You have to be a member of the site to view it, which I'm not. Unfortunately now there is no way to see if the libelous posts are still there or not since it doesn't look like any WB'ers will be allowed to join. :-?

Cuffs
02-06-2008, 20:14
I have gotten a very nice response from my email asking me to point out the inaccuracies which I have done in detail, and they have agreed to look into it and take any necessary action to correct the problem.

As for the free speech issue, this goes beyond that. I would not allow this sort of attack to happen here on WB either. Cuffs that conversation was in Committee and didn't need to be brought out here. Not cool.

I never said were the comment was made, but thanks for letting everyone else know.

AlwaysHiking
02-06-2008, 20:19
Is that our Skidsteer I see logged on to Websleuths?

I joined there when the whole thing came out about Meredith, I don't know if I ever even posted or not, but I was trying to read some of the links they were posting, don't know if I've ever even been back since the first login... anyway, not surprising, my account has been deleted.

Skidsteer
02-06-2008, 20:27
Is that our Skidsteer I see logged on to Websleuths?

I joined there when the whole thing came out about Meredith, I don't know if I ever even posted or not, but I was trying to read some of the links they were posting, don't know if I've ever even been back since the first login... anyway, not surprising, my account has been deleted.

Yep, that was me.

I registered about ten minutes ago with no problems. Found this so far:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/search.php?searchid=1088540

Burnt Boots
02-06-2008, 20:30
Yep, that was me.

I registered about ten minutes ago with no problems. Found this so far:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/search.php?searchid=1088540Unfortuntately, no one view the contents of that link without being registered there....

Before you get banned, can you follow the original link and see if the libel about Sgt Rock is still there?

GGS2
02-06-2008, 20:30
Non-members can't see this link. You'll have to cut and paste.

Skidsteer
02-06-2008, 20:41
Unfortuntately, no one view the contents of that link without being registered there....

Before you get banned, can you follow the original link and see if the libel about Sgt Rock is still there?

Here's what I found in the links:

1-27-08 @ 9:30 PM

There is another trailjournals log by a hiker named Sgt Rock, with strange photos of men with shovels, cooking meat out of large clear plastic bags, and odd Trail names such as AT Troll, Nightwalker, and a child called Dead Man Walking. Sgt Rock posts that he had planned to hike the entire AT from Springer to Katahdin beginning on Jan 27, 2008, but was dropped off on Jan 4 at "the parking lot on FS42 at 11:06 am." Also, when Meredith is mentioned, the only comments are "Kudos to Rock and Troll", and "sure has been some WARM weather on the trail this past week". Just wondering if anyone else saw any of that. Great info, Alex.

1-27-08 @ 2:24 PM

After reading some more of Sgt Rock's posts, I would like to say clearly that I do not think Sgt Rock is creepy. He is apparently the moderator of whiteblaze forum as well as hikinghq.net. I am thinking more that Hilton would be known by people who spend a lot of time seriously hiking. For instance, over on hikinghq, there is a post about the Florida Fall Gathering at Juniper Springs in the Ocala Nat'l Forest Nov 16,17,18. Perhaps Hilton would have gone to that, and possibly that is how he was spotted in connection to Cheryl Dunlap?

Also, there are nice caring comments about Meredith from other hikers on the hiking hq forum

and...

1-28-08 @ 6:23 PM

A lot of people in Atlanta have reported encounters with Hilton dressed as if he were hiking the Alps at Murphey-Candler Park with his dog. The police were called several times about his encounters with other dog owners, I remember reading. One other interesting dog tidbit is that both SGTRock and stumpknocker went to the SORUCK at Goose Creek Cabins in North Georgia last weekend, and Sgt Rock mentions seeing "Mala and his dog Toby". Mala was mentioned on pg 1 of this thread with a dog named Tucker. Interesting.

This stuff is currently online.

warren doyle
02-06-2008, 20:42
Not sure if Jack's last post is a half-truth, lie or innuendo.

I went to state schools.

Got to be one of the three, though.

I still think its basically a reading comprehension issue.

By the way, got my blood pressure checked the other day and its nice and low.

Derriere Doyle

Rain Man
02-06-2008, 20:45
...You're being an ass, Mr. Doyle, and in saying so, I'm not using half-truths, speculation, or innuendo.

And naive me thought WhiteBlaze's usage agreement prohibited such. Could I be wrong?--

"Offensive posting is not allowed. That includes personal attacks, hate language [etc].... If you’re not sure whether something is offensive, err on the side of caution."

What side of caution, personal attack, and hate language does publicly calling someone an ass fall on, pray tell?

Rain Man

warren doyle
02-06-2008, 20:48
And naive me thought WhiteBlaze's usage agreement prohibited such. Could I be wrong?--

"Offensive posting is not allowed. That includes personal attacks, hate language [etc].... If you’re not sure whether something is offensive, err on the side of caution."

What side of caution, personal attack, and hate language does publicly calling someone an ass fall on, pray tell?

Rain Man

A valid inquiry.
A question I have asked myself many times.

dixicritter
02-06-2008, 20:54
Can we please knock off the Warren / Jack show. Go play on another thread for God's sake.

Burnt Boots
02-06-2008, 21:06
How about this one, is it still up?

Truly
Registered User Join Date: Jan 2008

Anybody notice the photo and comments of Sgt Rock in sweetmop's link? I am seriously wondering if Hilton doesn't have some very creepy old pals out there.

The caption under the extremely weird Sgt Rock photo says: "A Cop career ain't healthy" Something is not right here. The Sgt Rock who is on trailjournals did not post all weekend. He is the guy who was planning to hike the entire Appalachain Trail beginning in the end of January, but suddenly decided to leave on Jan 4th from Georgia, the day Meredith was discovered. I think Hilton had accomplices.

warren doyle
02-06-2008, 21:07
Can we please knock off the Warren / Jack show. Go play on another thread for God's sake.

Sounds good to me.

Skidsteer
02-06-2008, 21:19
How about this one, is it still up?

Truly
Registered User Join Date: Jan 2008

Anybody notice the photo and comments of Sgt Rock in sweetmop's link? I am seriously wondering if Hilton doesn't have some very creepy old pals out there.

The caption under the extremely weird Sgt Rock photo says: "A Cop career ain't healthy" Something is not right here. The Sgt Rock who is on trailjournals did not post all weekend. He is the guy who was planning to hike the entire Appalachain Trail beginning in the end of January, but suddenly decided to leave on Jan 4th from Georgia, the day Meredith was discovered. I think Hilton had accomplices.

Couldn't find that one.

Burnt Boots
02-06-2008, 21:26
Couldn't find that one.Well that's good. Maybe they've come to their senses.

Where did they move the whole thread to? Does that site have "hidden" forums" that require subscriptions?

Frolicking Dinosaurs
02-06-2008, 21:33
They may have moved it to something like our holding area. Some sites use such an area to house a thread while they are cleaning it up. This area can only be seen by admin and super moderators.

warraghiyagey
02-06-2008, 21:41
do you think they will let me join if i tell them i am a big fan of reno 911 and cops?:-?:D
Maybe if it's Keystone Cops.

warraghiyagey
02-06-2008, 21:42
They may have moved it to something like our holding area. Some sites use such an area to house a thread while they are cleaning it up. This area can only be seen by admin and super moderators.
Whose WB's super monitor. And are they better than the lesser monitors??http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/ad/hiding.gif

Montego
02-06-2008, 21:50
Whose WB's super monitor. And are they better than the lesser monitors??http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/ad/hiding.gif

Sure: Able to leap tall inuendos, faster than a speeding jibe, more powerful than name bashing - they're SUPER MODERATORS!http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/happy105.gif

Smile
02-06-2008, 21:53
Smods :)

Frolicking Dinosaurs
02-06-2008, 22:42
From Websleuths:

We have spoken with the real sgt.rock's wife,he is a well known legit person. There is to be NO MORE post posted, regarding him being connected to Hilton in any way,
Thank You
Windchime

dixicritter
02-06-2008, 22:44
I also got a second email from them saying that they agreed with me and would take action. Looks like they did. :)

Appalachian Tater
02-06-2008, 22:51
http://www.google.com/search?q=sgt%20rock%20site%3Awebsleuths.com&sourceid=mozilla2&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

A Google search still shows publicly-available posts, but they seem to have been removed from the website.

partinj
02-06-2008, 23:14
I got an ideal why don't we just spam their site so much that it just shut down

Pedaling Fool
02-06-2008, 23:16
I also got a second email from them saying that they agreed with me and would take action. Looks like they did. :)
Probably wouldn't be a bad idea to close the books on this thread, IMHO.:sun

Smile
02-06-2008, 23:39
I second that. No fuel, no fire between sites/posters. :)

dixicritter
02-06-2008, 23:40
I got an ideal why don't we just spam their site so much that it just shut down

Not cool. They were very helpful and polite to me.

dixicritter
02-06-2008, 23:42
This case is now closed.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
02-06-2008, 23:43
The admin on their site was kind, literate and helpful. She was not aware of the posts regarding Rock before they were brought to her attention by Dixi. They took care of the problem.