PDA

View Full Version : Over seas

lisavogt
01-04-2004, 18:18
Hello everyone out there. A friend and I are thinking about planning a trip over seas this coming up summer. Is there anybody out there with any advice or tips. The trip will probably be to Ireland and last upwards to 2 weeks. Thanks for any input available.

grimnar
02-05-2004, 14:26
Hello everyone out there. A friend and I are thinking about planning a trip over seas this coming up summer. Is there anybody out there with any advice or tips. The trip will probably be to Ireland and last upwards to 2 weeks. Thanks for any input available. http://www.irishsportscouncil.ie/walkireland/buildparentsearchscreen.asp?Table_ID=1

Something like the kerry way is ment to be very nice, done a few walks in the same area.
The burren is a must see, a great karst region.

Ireland is pretty small as a country and nowhere is that far away really.

Any questionsfeel free to ask

Smooth03
02-05-2004, 16:40
Try the website www.gorp.com. They have some info on long distance trails in Europe including The Dingle Way which is a 90 miler in Ireland.

Moon Monster
02-06-2004, 00:14
There are a handful of nice looking 2-5 day trails in the UK and Ireland. Some even have Inns you can stay at each night and Pubs to get a pint.

I suggest you consider Iceland Air to get to Europe. You can schedule in a couple of days layover in Iceland. There are some great backpacking opportunities there as well, but even a single night in Reykjavik is a hip way to go. Icelandair is quite competitive in fares when you do the layover deal (it's their way of getting some extra tourist dollars).