PDA

View Full Version : Advice for camping spot near Little Gap AT

hutnons
02-07-2008, 11:15
Newby here. can anyone suggest a location where I can camp near the Little Gap Ridgeline along the AT? I know there is some parking there right near the Blue Mountain Ski Area entrance, but I was not sure if you can park there overnight and hike in to setup camp for a night or 2.

Any help with a suggested location near there would be great!

jhick
02-07-2008, 11:58
There are a few if you head toward Lehigh Gap, but they are very open and exposed. Great for nicer weather. Can't tell you about the area around the ski area though.

Toolshed
02-07-2008, 13:06
If you head up Little Gap Road and get on the trail NB. start climbing the big rock jumble and when you get to the top, you will pass a building that is used for the ski area or radio transmission (not sure) - On the right is a huge flat area that would easily support several tents. I do not know if it is a legal site.

hutnons
02-07-2008, 22:38
thanks for the suggestions. what happens if you camp at an illegal site along the AT? Sorry for my ignorance, but I am a new to this. I plan to get the guide which tells you where you can camp eventually.

Toolshed
02-07-2008, 22:47
thanks for the suggestions. what happens if you camp at an illegal site along the AT? Sorry for my ignorance, but I am a new to this. I plan to get the guide which tells you where you can camp eventually.
I honestly don't know but I marked it with a wpt and made a mental note that it was a very nice spot to carcamp if I were driving to the trailhead at night.

hutnons
02-07-2008, 22:52
where would I park my car...along Little Gap Road? Then I assume I would just hike in a bit..climb the rock jumble and setup. It will be just me. I am really just looking for a nice place in that area or near by to park the car, hike in a bit and setup shop for the night on Saturday and hopefully score some nice evening snow.