PDA

View Full Version : Dog Gear

The Wicked Lobstah
01-06-2004, 13:25
First off, if you don't think dogs should be on the trail, please don't post here about it. I'm not interested. Besides, there's already a huge thread with plenty of opinions on the issue ("Dogs on the trail....how do you really feel").

What's some good dog gear?

I'm interested in all dog gear, but most specifically in footwear. Anyone had any experience with Bark'n'boots or Muttlucks on long distance hikes?

Dxi00rebel
01-06-2004, 13:53
I hiked a week on the AT with my dog and she had a dog pack from RuffWear. It was a very nice pack and she loved it! I wasn't sure at first how she would handle it, but I think she liked the idea that she fit right in with us and our packs. Check out their website, ruffwear.com they have many other items such as boots, beds, dog tents, leashes, the list goes on. I have found it to be the nicest dog gear around.

-Dxi

Blue Jay
01-06-2004, 14:36
The problem with dog footwear is a dog paw is not designed well to hold them on. With a human foot you can lace them on the top of the foot and they won't come off. Dog boots are usually laced around the leg and must be very tight to stay on. Since the dog cannot tell you if it is too tight and cutting off circulation or if it is even slightly too loose and will be gone the next step, the dog must carry hundreds of them. Nice try though, it's good to hear of a male owner with some concern about his dog.