PDA

View Full Version : Need Some Help for a Paper

HeadiesHiker11
02-08-2008, 00:24
Hey guys I havent posted on here any but I have read quite a few threads and have gotten some great information, but now I need some help with a persuasive essay for a college class.

I am doing the paper on an article in Blue Ridge Outdoors an outdoor magazine that around the NC-TN area. The article is about locals keeping hiking trails and bouldering spots secrets to the outdoors tourist that come to the area. I would like some opinions on the subject and also a little information on the over use of trails and how it harms the enviroment with errosion litter and other things along that line. I figured this would be a whole lot better than searching the internet when i can get opinions from people with countless numbers of miles on trails.

College is so frustrating I am about ready to drop it for a year and do my thru hike eariler than I had planned. The original idea was to do it after graduation but the more and more I backpack the more I want to hit the trail and leave the traffic lights and annoying people behind.

Appalachian Tater
02-08-2008, 01:15
There are several threads on this site with topics like overuse of trails in the Smokies, the effects of hiking poles on the trail, and whether the Leave No Trace campaign is effective.

If you are within a year of finishing college, finish. Once you get the degree, you have it, and no one can take it away from you. If you don't finish, and ever try to, you may not even get credit for all the classes you've taken. Try to stick it out.

starvingmusician
02-08-2008, 08:22
:sunI think that's great advice, Tater

satchownz
02-08-2008, 09:48
College is so frustrating I am about ready to drop it for a year and do my thru hike eariler than I had planned. The original idea was to do it after graduation but the more and more I backpack the more I want to hit the trail and leave the traffic lights and annoying people behind.

I've heard of a guy that rewarded himself by hiking the AT after college as sort of a "last chance before office and kids." From what i understand it kept him going day after day, thinking that no one could give him grief is did so. Who can say "how dare you take five months for yourself to do that after four years of preparing your adult life"

It's not much, but it may at least keep you fired up.

$0.02