PDA

View Full Version : Making outside plans while on the trail

jessicacomp
02-10-2008, 18:40
So this is one of the more random questions I will probably ask, but I just want some opinions. I am really close with a priest back home, and he is having a huge celebration in May to celebrate his 25th anniversary as a priest. His celebration is on the 28th, in DC.
So, I am starting in GA on March 15th, 70 day before this shindig. I have to RSVP this week as to whether or not I am going. Do you think I can make it in time?? I have a lot of family who live up this way and can pick me up from a variety of locations. I know this depends on many things, mostly my hiking pace. But just from experience, people may have an idea.
Thanks for any input on my question!

Lone Wolf
02-10-2008, 18:42
you should be up around the shenandoahs. go ahead and RSVP. the trail ain't goin' nowhere

jessicacomp
02-10-2008, 21:17
You're right, Lone Wolf, about the trail not going anywhere. I'll just have to find a way to get there. I bet it'll be a really formal event. What a change that'll be!

A-Train
02-10-2008, 21:45
Well, I'd say completely feasible. It took me about 70 days from Springer to Harpers Ferry (which is probably the easiest/closest place to launch to DC from the AT. You can get a train from Harpers Ferry to DC. Otherwise have family drive you. Places like Waynesboro and Front Royal are close to major highways.